Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lmao he's STILL trying to be funny

I guess the whole family likes beating dead dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

a paid joke writer wrote this, lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1081928260093652999
wait diversity and inclusiveness are good now?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

how many times is someone going to make this joke

everyone sounds drunk when you do this

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1sLcAQnw

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lmbo the "lishun"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Tonk posted:

everyone sounds drunk

let me stop you right there

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

but its a dumb old man who is bad and should die so

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

or the cops arrested a 20 year old black guy for not using a turn signal + weed and got him to confess to a crime he didn’t commit because that’s how our police system operates

dont be mean to me posted:

All cops are warlords

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sir Tonk posted:

did this guy literally take a Chris Hayes tweet, put some music in the background, and retweet as his own work

or did Chris Hayes also plagiarize it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

but its a dumb old man who is bad and should die so

ill allow it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I'm thinking that a 30' tall steel wall (with 10' in the ground at least) and probably a couple inches thick stretching a thousand or more miles would represent a whole lot of steel.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

sarah with that "just found out my brother killed the dog" look on her face

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it always amazes me that one of the great unfounded moral panics of the 20th century was children getting kidnapped off the streets while cops continue to terrorize minority communities the same exact way

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ash1138 posted:

It's amazing how she doesn't have a single positive quality

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Joementum posted:

lmao.................... LMAO

He's so loving stupid it's goddamn enraging.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Thoguh posted:

Which I still think is stupid. Do people think Trump has a "income from crimes' W4 or something?

Uh they already literally found that he did commit tax crimes on his state filings in new york and nobody loving cared.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

haljordan posted:

DO YOUR JOB SARAH

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

beef of staff

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Ash1138 posted:

"Well dogs can sometimes be a very negative influence, and many times exhibit criminal behavior. We have to be firm on criminals."

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

haljordan posted:

I'll actually pull Trump's "she will not loving quit no matter what" semi-cop out positive quality, it surprises me at least weekly that she's still here

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

haljordan posted:

the whole family is terrifying, you know for a fact Mike Huck has some serious miles on his Epstein card.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveScalise/status/1081790962702188545

disappointed none of y'all are in his screenshots

guess what else scalise is missing from shots? His dick balls n rear end :smugdon:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Inspector Hound posted:

I'll actually pull Trump's "she will not loving quit no matter what" semi-cop out positive quality, it surprises me at least weekly that she's still here

wasn't her scheduled departure February?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Inspector Hound posted:

I'll actually pull Trump's "she will not loving quit no matter what" semi-cop out positive quality, it surprised me at least weekly that she's still here

yeah, i think she thinks this is her calling, her moment

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

She probably can't get another job

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

even if it wasn't hosed to poo poo, we don't have enough resources to build his dumb super wall. it doesn't help trump changes his mind on materials/wall/etc anyway.

yeah right now it's like what, a 30' high wall? with wind exposure category c or d (it will experience a metric fuckload of wind exposure one way or the other) and the steel would have to be set at 12" centers to keep people from shimmying through meaning it's basically catching almost all of the wind blowing against it....those vertical steel posts are going to need to be like W8 or so sized steel with some relatively boss sized wind bracing behind each and every one

the galvanization on the steel would need to be loving insanely thick to have a reasonable time till first maintenance unless they plan on having border patrol kitted out with cherry pickers to have them galv spray everything as they go down the line. i don't even know where to begin to see how much zinc is mined each year and how much galvanization material is produced yearly but i'm assuming it's a massive chunk of what america produces

not to mention the concrete footers or caissons necessary to support the wall, guess they're not going to ready mix that poo poo lol. i work in an area where concrete is easily brought to a site and weather conditions aren't much of an issue, i have no idea how the gently caress you would try to set concrete in a place that has such temperature extremes

the engineer in me is like "yes a giant mega project like this would be fun to see how it plays out" because it would be one of the largest engineering and construction undertakings in human history, it will require several times more concrete than the hoover dam, somewhere around 5-10 billion pounds of steel in just rebar for the concrete alone which would represent roughly 1/3rd of all american yearly steel output, and i don't know how much of that can be formed as rebar

i don't do much concrete reinforcement design in my job so i'm going to be lazy and just assume they'll use trumpcrete that is magic and needs no steel and can perfectly hold this giant dumb loving wall up from toppling forces. just to make the wall "tamper" proof it needs a continuous 5' deep concrete footer, and ideally 3' wide to prevent it from being easily punched through, and, no matter what steel it is, you need a pretty big loving footer to land all that steel in

so you get 2000mi*5*3 and you get roughly 160 cubic million feet of concrete, at roughly 150lbs per cuft for some relatively respectable strength concrete, which is about 10% of total concrete output in america (which, just the way concrete is, tends to be localized because concrete doesn't travel very well). so we need to build an insanely large supply chain for all the aggregate etc just for that alone

that $5bn number $2.5m a mile, and just using some kludge numbers for that concrete you end up using half of that money just in concrete alone lol not even including the labor to transport and put the concrete in place, all the steel necessary, and the steel wall itself

not to mention even if all regulatory concerns are somehow bypassed, it's still a legal nightmare for land acquisition because i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that 75% of the proposed route is on private land?

and that you'd need to find tens of thousands of workers who would be willing to go live out in an inhospitable area in temporary housing, along with building all the necessary logistical stuff like sanitary sewer, hospitals, potable water, food, blah blah blah

like the wall is just so loving insanely stupid from a feasibility standpoint and it hurts to even think about. it's like "yeah let's just re-direct the entirety of the american economy to build a wall that does nothing". it's loving painful to see people talk about it like it will actually happen instead of a giant grift by bechtel where $5bn is absconded with for nothing in return. $5bn barely loving covers the "cheap" part that can be done from a desktop like acquisition or design. the whole thing will run into the trillions loving easily

also not to mention people will just roll out to the wall with a torch and make off with some free steel

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

haljordan posted:

of course she loving can, liberty university or harvard would bend over backwards to have her

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

haljordan posted:

Fox sure as poo poo won't hire her to sit around with the blondes.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

BUSH 2112 posted:

the whole family is terrifying, you know for a fact Mike Huck has some serious miles on his Epstein card.

when he was governor, the Huck family was notorious for scamming every single thing they could from everyone and everything, even poo poo like $20 Walmart cards

they were just the cheapest assholes ever

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

splsh splash trums a takin a bath (in piss)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

of course she loving can, liberty university or harvard would bend over backwards to have her

lmao, ask Spicey how his job situation is

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ever since the shooting Steve Scalise has had no balls, a way bigger rear end in a top hat than before

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
kush is a pretty clear example that you can have enough family money to believe you have an ounce of professional acumen forever when the opposite is true in reality

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

yeah right now it's like what, a 30' high wall? with wind exposure category c or d (it will experience a metric fuckload of wind exposure one way or the other) and the steel would have to be set at 12" centers to keep people from shimmying through meaning it's basically catching almost all of the wind blowing against it....those vertical steel posts are going to need to be like W8 or so sized steel with some relatively boss sized wind bracing behind each and every one

the galvanization on the steel would need to be loving insanely thick to have a reasonable time till first maintenance unless they plan on having border patrol kitted out with cherry pickers to have them galv spray everything as they go down the line. i don't even know where to begin to see how much zinc is mined each year and how much galvanization material is produced yearly but i'm assuming it's a massive chunk of what america produces

not to mention the concrete footers or caissons necessary to support the wall, guess they're not going to ready mix that poo poo lol. i work in an area where concrete is easily brought to a site and weather conditions aren't much of an issue, i have no idea how the gently caress you would try to set concrete in a place that has such temperature extremes

the engineer in me is like "yes a giant mega project like this would be fun to see how it plays out" because it would be one of the largest engineering and construction undertakings in human history, it will require several times more concrete than the hoover dam, somewhere around 5-10 billion pounds of steel in just rebar for the concrete alone which would represent roughly 1/3rd of all american yearly steel output, and i don't know how much of that can be formed as rebar

i don't do much concrete reinforcement design in my job so i'm going to be lazy and just assume they'll use trumpcrete that is magic and needs no steel and can perfectly hold this giant dumb loving wall up from toppling forces. just to make the wall "tamper" proof it needs a continuous 5' deep concrete footer, and ideally 3' wide to prevent it from being easily punched through, and, no matter what steel it is, you need a pretty big loving footer to land all that steel in

so you get 2000mi*5*3 and you get roughly 160 cubic million feet of concrete, at roughly 150lbs per cuft for some relatively respectable strength concrete, which is about 10% of total concrete output in america (which, just the way concrete is, tends to be localized because concrete doesn't travel very well). so we need to build an insanely large supply chain for all the aggregate etc just for that alone

that $5bn number $2.5m a mile, and just using some kludge numbers for that concrete you end up using half of that money just in concrete alone lol not even including the labor to transport and put the concrete in place, all the steel necessary, and the steel wall itself

not to mention even if all regulatory concerns are somehow bypassed, it's still a legal nightmare for land acquisition because i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that 75% of the proposed route is on private land?

and that you'd need to find tens of thousands of workers who would be willing to go live out in an inhospitable area in temporary housing, along with building all the necessary logistical stuff like sanitary sewer, hospitals, potable water, food, blah blah blah

like the wall is just so loving insanely stupid from a feasibility standpoint and it hurts to even think about. it's like "yeah let's just re-direct the entirety of the american economy to build a wall that does nothing". it's loving painful to see people talk about it like it will actually happen instead of a giant grift by bechtel where $5bn is absconded with for nothing in return. $5bn barely loving covers the "cheap" part that can be done from a desktop like acquisition or design. the whole thing will run into the trillions loving easily

also not to mention people will just roll out to the wall with a torch and make off with some free steel

sir this is the troop BBQ please salute are troops

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Thoguh posted:

Which I still think is stupid. Do people think Trump has a "income from crimes' W4 or something?

It would be pretty great if Trump wasn't on the ballot in a couple states in 2020. Especially if those states also don't accept write-in votes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1081960492854374402

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
democrats: lets all copy AOC and have cooking shows

libertarians:

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1081706271726817281

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Can't wait to see what nickname Trump gives Mitt, brainstorm with me

Dirty Mitt

Munster Mitt

Mittwit
Witless Mitt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lol I forgot about spicey

quote:

The former White House press secretary Sean Spicer has a TV talk show in the works - but early signs suggest nobody wants to appear on it.

The show, which will be called "Sean Spicer's Common Ground," became public knowledge Monday after The New York Times published details from a pitch document for a pilot episode.