Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Brony Car posted:

It looks like the link is down. What is it?

It was basically this image:

pik_d fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

pik_d posted:

It was basically this image:

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail, so good on Pogba for working on things ahead of time.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The Central Coast Mariners v Perth game in the A-League last night had a lot of content:

they had to close part of the stand to protect an endangered bird that nested there, then this happened:

leading to this amazing piece of commentary:
https://twitter.com/adamOsaussies/status/1079688426977259521

then the game was delayed so much that the new years fireworks started mid-game

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

The Central Coast Mariners v Perth game in the A-League last night had a lot of content:

they had to close part of the stand to protect an endangered bird that nested there, then this happened:

leading to this amazing piece of commentary:
https://twitter.com/adamOsaussies/status/1079688426977259521

thank you for this post

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Ban for untagged A-League blooper spoilers

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Ban for untagged A-League blooper spoilers
Seriously mods.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/SundayLeagueFC/status/1080442377767141376

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/swanseabeat/status/1080508225823432704

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's no more lookalikes thread, but they need to get this kid and that Neymar lookalike to Paris or Manchester for the Round of 16

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/talkingbaws/status/1080833799020253184?s=21

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bogan Krkic posted:

lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://streamable.com/ebayx

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

i mean thats loving assault but lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

:captainpop:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Got the ball imo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

"ebayx"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/talkingbaws/status/1081978789431857153

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:what:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

That's Fashion

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Let's just check in on Andres Inie...
https://twitter.com/andresiniesta8/status/1081989025710436357

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I'm loving dumbfounded how this keeps happening lmao

e:

screenshotted when the post inevitabilty gets deleted and replaced by an apology

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
nice to see greaseman hanging out with iniesta

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/Fino76/status/1081648013322407938

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Some good replies on this too

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

His chain says Roberto Firmino.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
3 Kings blackface is incredibly common in Spain, is this really everyone's first awareness of it? It's not a good thing that it exists but nothing will happen as a result of this photo that you can probably find of any Spanish person. They sell kid's 3 Kings costumes with included black face paint in every market.

It's marginally less racist than other noted Christmas blackface tradition Zwarte Piet at least, in that it's portraying a traditionally black King, not a slave.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tsaedje posted:

3 Kings blackface is incredibly common in Spain, is this really everyone's first awareness of it? It's not a good thing that it exists but nothing will happen as a result of this photo that you can probably find of any Spanish person. They sell kid's 3 Kings costumes with included black face paint in every market.

It's marginally less racist than other noted Christmas blackface tradition Zwarte Piet at least, in that it's portraying a traditionally black King, not a slave.

Uhm excuse me, Zwarte Piet is not a Christmas tradition.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

oliwan posted:

Uhm excuse me, Zwarte Piet is not a Christmas tradition.

I thought those wacky Dutch did it at Christmas time all the time?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

I thought those wacky Dutch did it at Christmas time all the time?

He's Swiss.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
here's a cool video of Harry Kane's first goal against all PL teams he's faced

https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/ad470h/enjoy_harry_kane_first_goal_against_every_premier/

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shrapnig posted:

He's Swiss.

Zwarte Piet (pronounced [ˈzʋɑrtə ˈpit]; English: Black Pete or Black Peter, Luxembourgish: Schwaarze Péiter, Indonesian: Pit Hitam) is the companion of Saint Nicholas (Dutch: Sinterklaas, Luxembourgish: Kleeschen, Indonesian: Sinterklas) in the folklore of the Low Countries. The character first appeared in an 1850 book by Amsterdam schoolteacher Jan Schenkman. Traditionally, Zwarte Piet is black because he is a Moor from Spain

Opposition to the figure is mostly found in the most urbanized provinces of North- and South Holland, where between nine and seven percent of the populace wants to change the appearance of Zwarte Piet. In Amsterdam, most opposition towards the character is found among the Ghanaian, Antillean and Dutch-Surinamese communities, with 50% of the Surinamese considering the figure to be discriminatory to others, whereas 27% consider the figure to be discriminatory towards themselves.[36] The predominance of the Dutch black community among those who oppose the Zwarte Piet character is also visible among the main anti-Zwarte Piet movements, Zwarte Piet Niet and Zwarte Piet is Racisme which have established themselves since the 2010s. Generally, adherents of these groups consider Zwarte Piet to be part of the Dutch colonial heritage, in which black people were subservient to whites or are opposed to what they consider stereotypical black ("Black Sambo") features of the figure, such as bright red lips, curly hair and large golden earrings.[37]

The public debate surrounding the figure can be described as polarized, with some protesters considering the figure to be an insult to their ancestry and supporters considering the character to be an inseparable part of their cultural heritage.[33] Recent years have seen a number of incidents in which anti-Zwarte Piet demonstrators have been arrested by the police for disturbing the peace, as well as threats being made towards prominent figures in the anti-Zwarte Piet movement by supporters of the character.[38][39]

Meanwhile, schools and businesses across the Netherlands have begun changing Zwarte Piet's clothing and makeup or phasing the character out entirely. In 2015, the Bijenkorf department store chain opted to replace holiday displays featuring Zwarte Piet with a golden-skinned version instead.[40] Elsewhere, one in three Dutch primary schools announced plans to alter the character's appearance in their celebrations.[41] Nickelodeon in the Netherlands also decided to use a racially mixed group of actors to portray Piet in their holiday broadcasts instead of people in blackface.[42] RTL Nederland made a similar decision in the autumn of 2016 and replaced the character with actors with soot on their faces.[43]

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 7, 2019

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

His chain says Roberto Firmino.

That way, everyone knows the owner of the chain. Smart.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

So it’s OK then? How should I feel about this please tell me

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Blackface (not Fender amps) is a term of endearment in Spain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Not so bad he says! Why? He’s blacking up for a king not a slave!!