Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Its Rinaldo posted:

I saved it to my imgur account as when Schotty was hired I forsaw a need for it in the future.

prescient. we are all in this together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Thank goodness.

Do you know how many times that statement was shouted by Rams fans when he was their OC?!

Rams fans told you what was coming.

The only person who didn't see this poo poo coming was Pete Carroll.

Russell Wilson should refuse to sign a new contract so long as Schottenheimer is his OC. He called that game like Blake Bortles was under center.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Russ should just go full Peyton Manning and call all the plays himself.

Professor Funk posted:

prescient. we are all in this together

Agreed. We're all Schott through our hearts, friend.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Its Rinaldo posted:

Agreed. We're all Schott through our hearts, friend.
And you're to blame.

You give curls

a bad name.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

algebra testes posted:

And you're to blame.

You give curls

a bad name.

A+ would listen to again and again

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

algebra testes posted:

And you're to blame.

You give curls

a bad name.

:five:

Edit:
https://twitter.com/BMcCarthy32/status/1081782464123564037

Brandon McCarthy still owns.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 6, 2019

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
the part where we threw to the flats forever

no bueno

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Curls, to get the first down
Curls, when you are down
Curls, to break the defense
Curls, and in the red zone it's
Curls, that's all I really want is curls
Four at a time, I want curls
After we run on first down, I want curls
I ought to whip out my,
Curls, curls, curls, curls, curls
Curls, curls, curls, curls, curls
Curls, curls, curls, curls, yeah

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Schwack posted:

The only person who didn't see this poo poo coming was Pete Carroll.

Russell Wilson should refuse to sign a new contract so long as Schottenheimer is his OC. He called that game like Blake Bortles was under center.

I literally can't imagine Russbot rocking the boat like that

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/AlistairCorp/status/1081777360129552384?s=19

For all the deservedly angst about Schottenheimer, he really is just implementing what Carroll tells him to do.

This is Jordan Peterson's fault

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Quite frankly we just weren't good enough in any phase of the game and it's entirely possible we were in fact a paper tiger all year. Our pass rush was almost nonexistent today, we gave up big returns, had terrible penalties on both sides (and some uncalled ones that didn't go our way), and just didn't look good except for Russell when he was permitted to throw the ball and Lockett.

More broadly, Griffin was so bad that the Cowboys actively picked on him. I'm kind of embarrassed to think the team considered him the heir to Sherm, they're not even in the same loving galaxy. He started bad, then looked good for a few weeks, and now he's bad again.

And an onside kick has worked for us once ever that I can recall, that it happened in the NFC Championship Game doesn't matter when the odds are basically zero when the other team is expecting it. Yeah, it was a terrible kick, but a successful one is a small miracle in and of itself.

Yeah, people are pointing all the fingers at the offense in that game, but it was really the defense that let them down. No pass rush, blown coverage in the secondary, bad dpi penalties, couldn't do anything to stop Zeke...

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah, people are pointing all the fingers at the offense in that game, but it was really the defense that let them down. No pass rush, blown coverage in the secondary, bad dpi penalties, couldn't do anything to stop Zeke...

It was not the defense that let them down at all. The cowboys had 17 points when they got a pick in the end zone at the end of the game. The offense then proceeded to go loving backwards iirc and that was the game basically

That game was 100% on schotty and the offense

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sweeper posted:

It was not the defense that let them down at all. The cowboys had 17 points when they got a pick in the end zone at the end of the game. The offense then proceeded to go loving backwards iirc and that was the game basically

That game was 100% on schotty and the offense

Yeah but that's been the normal seahawks offense all season, and it won us 10 games. Weren't we the worst team on 3rd down conversions? You could claim we were lucky to have won 10 games with that offense and get into the playoffs, and I wouldn't disagree. But I don't know what you're thinking if you thought the offense would magically get better in the wildcard round. Giving Dak all day in the pocket and only being able to contain Zeke when he's on the sideline getting some air meant that even Schotty lovely offensive scheme had no hope. We only lost by a field goal and our kicker died at the half. The offense was painful to watch (normal), but would have been effective enough if the defense played better.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah but that's been the normal seahawks offense all season, and it won us 10 games. Weren't we the worst team on 3rd down conversions? You could claim we were lucky to have won 10 games with that offense and get into the playoffs, and I wouldn't disagree. But I don't know what you're thinking if you thought the offense would magically get better in the wildcard round. Giving Dak all day in the pocket and only being able to contain Zeke when he's on the sideline getting some air meant that even Schotty lovely offensive scheme had no hope. We only lost by a field goal and our kicker died at the half. The offense was painful to watch (normal), but would have been effective enough if the defense played better.

We were lucky to win 10 games and I didn’t think the offense would get better. I thought we would lose because of the offense and schotty being terrible and it turns out that is exactly what happened... The offense was not effective in any way, we ran the ball like poo poo and got bailed out my crazy catches multiple times. That isn’t an effective or good offense, it is trash. The only reason it ever worked this year is because we played terrible teams so often or a team had a bad run defense.

This team will never be good with schotty calling plays, no team ever will be. You can’t rely on facing bad run defenses every game in the playoffs. You adapt or lose and schotty only loses.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Cowboys average 21 ppg. Of their 16 regular season games they scored less than 24 in 10 of them during regulation play. So holding them to 24 points is a below average defensive performance.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The great thing about that game is that we are all one day closer to death, God bless

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Russell Wilson should request a trade to a team that will actually throw the ball

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Russell Wilson should request a trade to a team that will actually throw the ball

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Cowboys average 21 ppg. Of their 16 regular season games they scored less than 24 in 10 of them during regulation play. So holding them to 24 points is a below average defensive performance.

Mobile posting but they didn’t have cooper for all of it.

What did they look like after the trade?

Looks like they scored less than 24 points 4 of 9 games after getting cooper. One of those games was 22. So overall since getting cooper they scored more than 24 for most of their games

Edit:
I’d also argue the defense did well considering the awful special teams

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 6, 2019

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Russell would be so bad on a team with an actual passing offense. His true power, bullshit, is enhanced by the broken, failed-from-the-moment of conception Seattle offense.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Russell Wilson should join the Rangers Yankees full time.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
If RW3 and Lamar Jackson swap teams, which team gets better?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

DariusLikewise posted:

Imagine paying Russell Wilson 30 million dollars a year to throw the ball less than 20 times a game.

oh wait that's going to be reality loving kill me

Schwack fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 6, 2019

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What’s even crazier is that apparently Seattle was 2nd in number of completed passes over 40+.

Imagine the kind of offense we could have with an OC who embraces the RWBS.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Mobile posting but they didn’t have cooper for all of it.

What did they look like after the trade?

Looks like they scored less than 24 points 4 of 9 games after getting cooper. One of those games was 22. So overall since getting cooper they scored more than 24 for most of their games

Edit:
I’d also argue the defense did well considering the awful special teams

One of the games included a TD in overtime. They scored only 23 in regulation. And the teams they scored those points on were Washington, Philly, the Giants, and Tampa. Those teams are 15th, 20th, 24th and 32nd in defensive DVOA, and that’s not considering the fact that all but one are divisional games where weirdness is common.

Special teams gave up one bad return but then the offense punted 7 time. You’re bound to get burnt eventually on those. They also downed the ball at the 2 which gave Seattle a short field for the following possession which they scored on.

In general Seattle looked like a team that was sort of average in all three phases, which isn’t that surprising since statistically that’s exactly what they were during the year outside of the running game, and Dallas took that away.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What’s even crazier is that apparently Seattle was 2nd in number of completed passes over 40+.

Imagine the kind of offense we could have with an OC who embraces the RWBS.

I’m not actually sure why Seattle has an OC or designed pass plays. Just let Russell run around in the backfield while receivers do whatever to get open and then he chucks it to them and they make some completely ridiculous catch. Those plays do a hell of a lot more to open up the run game than sending Chris Carson head first into a pile over and over.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Your sorry rear end team had better beat the Cowboys next week, Rams fans, or you're going to see so many blue stars in SoCal in 2019 they'll have to move back to St Louis.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Congrats to future Seattle Seahawk Cody Parkey

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Schwack posted:

Imagine paying Russell Wilson 30 million dollars a year to throw the ball less than 20 times a game.

oh wait that's going to be reality loving kill me

It’s insane, RW is really good and Shotty is just keeping him bottled up. You might as well call up Matt Flynn and see what he’s up to.

Coldforge posted:

Your sorry rear end team had better beat the Cowboys next week, Rams fans, or you're going to see so many blue stars in SoCal in 2019 they'll have to move back to St Louis.

I might regret saying this next weekend but I feel like the Rams caught a huge break not having to play the Bears defense next week. They will have trouble stopping Cooper and Elliot but I think they can score on the Cowboys.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Rams are going to beat the ever loving poo poo out of the Cowboys

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

shirts and skins posted:

The Rams are going to beat the ever loving poo poo out of the Cowboys

:lol: nah they’re not as good as the colts. They’re gonna get dragged into a low scoring affair.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Benne posted:

Congrats to future Seattle Seahawk Cody Parkey

maybe not the seahawks but i was thinking that it's funny how chandler catanzaro is still in the league

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: nah they’re not as good as the colts. They’re gonna get dragged into a low scoring affair.

I think the Rams score about 30. And Dallas scores less than that.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think the Rams score about 30. And Dallas scores less than that.

This would work for me.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

This would work for me.

Honestly this was probably the best case scenario for both the Saints and Rams as far as matchups coming out of wildcard weekend.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m not actually sure why Seattle has an OC or designed pass plays. Just let Russell run around in the backfield while receivers do whatever to get open and then he chucks it to them and they make some completely ridiculous catch. Those plays do a hell of a lot more to open up the run game than sending Chris Carson head first into a pile over and over.

I'm not going to chart it, but this has basically been the offense when they ran into decent run defense. They'd smash Carson on an inside zone for 3 followed immediately by an inside zone for 1-2. On third and long, the plan is almost always HOPE RUSSELL BAILS US OUT. It puts Wilson in such a terrible position and I hate watching it.

https://twitter.com/SamuelRGold/status/1082071448917893125

I'm so dang mad.

Hey here are some more tweets to feel great about.

https://twitter.com/EvanonHB/status/1082131921239388160

Schwack fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 7, 2019

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Imagine being the only wildcard team to lose.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rams I don't really ask for much from y'all so could you please beat those loving cowboys? Seriously they're the Donald Trump of the NFC and need to lose.

Thanks.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
If pete wants to be a run first team then get a new LG, C, and RT

Hell if Pete wants to win doing what he’s doing now, upgrade the OL. Wilson had so many third and longs after 2 bad runs that the defense rushed with abandon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Honestly this was probably the best case scenario for both the Saints and Rams as far as matchups coming out of wildcard weekend.

You might be right.