Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Bethamphetamine posted:

What really gets me is that Lowtax figured out all this liability legal stuff a decade ago by happy accident and trial and error. Why isn't some company paying him insane amounts of money to be their rain man idiot savant director of communications?

"dear giant internet conglomerate have you tried being too poor and too niche to avoid liability"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

conservative cubans gently caress off

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Mariana Horchata posted:

anybody else smoking weed rn?

I knew I was forgetting something!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mariana Horchata posted:

I'm out :(. I'm getting some edibles soon though and I haven't had any of those for years so should be good

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
rey mysterio page

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Bethamphetamine posted:

What steamrolled Craigslist, backpage, and Tumblr is marching inexorably toward Facebook and Youtube. The tiniest amount of liability and responsibility - capable of crushing giants into dust.

Sure. But media companies like Fox pushed hard for sesta fosta bc it could set a precedent for taking down services that host copyright violations, and Google was extremely against sesta fosta until some wording was changed that gives them a way out.

It looks like liability and safety but it's really just another backchannel massive corporations can use to enforce their profit margins with state-sanctioned force

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Mariana Horchata posted:

i'm taking a tolerance/needing a new job break and it's actually kind of nice. i've been doing way too much recently.

plus i know that next time i get a cartridge i'm gonna get high as fuuuuuuuck

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hello I'm Elon Musk and I've commissioned a stainless steel single stage rocket that will navigate to space and back but instead of ceramic panels for reentry we've got a durable stainless steel hull.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Interesting times

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Remember when very serious goons were claiming Castro’s Communist Spies were the ones attacking are brave CIA agents

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

It looks like liability and safety but it's really just another backchannel massive corporations can use to enforce their profit margins with state-sanctioned force

lol that owns

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mariana Horchata posted:

yo :420: :350:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Is it possible to be in love with a picture

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

guys I’m looking for documentaries to watch. anyone got any suggestions?

Late post but Bros: When the Screaming Stops is both Spinal Tap and CSPAM as gently caress. Give it ten minutes and you'll be loving hooked.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

yes extremely

love our cyberpunk society where seemingly good things are actually sneaky ways to funnel power to the ultra rich

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

hell yeah this coming week is gonna suck poo poo

:sandance:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Mariana Horchata posted:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Mariana Horchata posted:

Potheads get nowhere in life

Is what my teachers told me

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

quote:

According to the New York Times, Trump advisers Roger Stone and Sam Nunberg came up with the concept of the border wall sometime in 2014. Steve Bannon played a minor role as well.

The Times notes:

As Mr. Trump began exploring a presidential run in 2014, his political advisers landed on the idea of a border wall as a mnemonic device of sorts, a way to make sure their candidate — who hated reading from a script but loved boasting about himself and his talents as a builder — would remember to talk about getting tough on immigration, which was to be a signature issue in his nascent campaign.

“How do we get him to continue to talk about immigration?” Nunberg reportedly told Stone. “We’re going to get him to talk about he’s going to build a wall.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...2TwfOSJYUgg8Za4

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxviTLVjvDQ

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

let the weed flow

https://i.imgur.com/GfnUvq4.mp4

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Marx Headroom posted:

yes extremely

love our cyberpunk society where seemingly good things are actually sneaky ways to funnel power to the ultra rich

:wrong:

it was a deliberate bid to exile sex workers entirely and leave them to die AND ALSO to advance the cause of the sovereign corporation

it was at best dubious if you read past the label and bullshit top to bottom

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bethamphetamine posted:

and The Far Side, and the Poison Womb proto mommy blogger, and a dozen others I don't even remember. Getting legal threats is a fact of life in any industry. Dealing with them effectively is a desirable skill.

iirc his main strategy was to either ignore them or gently caress with them as Krabbs bc he knew any attempt to actually sue him/SA would cost a poo poo ton more than they’d make

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

am I scarfing down these mini nilla wafers I found in the pantry right now NO I AM NOT this is a lie

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

I did a thing posted:

Potheads get nowhere in life

Is what my teachers told me

You know who doesn't smoke weed?
Trump

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

huh

i thought inconvenient political opponents were supposed to taste like pork, not chicken

i guess everything does taste like chicken

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
i smoked legal weed for the first time in my life two days ago and got mind meltingly high off what i took to be a quite moderate amount. ended up committed to infinite compassion for all living beings

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Give me liberty or give me trump mmmpmmmmpppp

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

<fast bubbling noises>

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mariana Horchata posted:

rey mysterio page

booyaka booyaka

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

i smoked legal weed for the first time in my life two days ago and got mind meltingly high off what i took to be a quite moderate amount. ended up committed to infinite compassion for all living beings

lol cuck

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

You know who doesn't smoke weed?
Trump

Cause amphetamine and weed dont mix

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ny will probably have legal weed soon but I will still go to my dealer

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I did a thing posted:

Cause amphetamine and weed dont mix

meth and diet coke wew

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

smoked some bodhisattiva

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

quote:

“How serious is he about that?” Wallace asked. “Has the White House drafted an emergency border — a resolution that he could announce tomorrow we are declaring a national emergency, we are going to build a wall? Has he set a deadline for when his going to end talks and simply say I’m going to go off on my own and do it?”

“That’s a lot of questions,” Sanders complained.

“Three,” Wallace said
, adding, “It’s all the same question. How serious is he? Is he really prepared go off on his own and use money that was authorized for military construction and building wall instead?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

haljordan posted:

Ny will probably have legal weed soon but I will still go to my dealer

Never had a dealer I liked

Always wanted to hang out and never realised the entire thing is transactional