Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I liked how I asked about 5 minutes ago how this game is going I'm met with an official recovering an incomplete fumble.

What a sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bears go for fake

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

johnny sack posted:

I can't claim to know the entire rule book but it sure seems like the refs got this one wrong; why wouldn't Chicago get the ball back where the fumble occurred?

It was ruled incomplete on the field and they upheld that (incorrect) ruling

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MatildaTheHun posted:

Replay has never been good and human error is part of sports and trying to mechanize it is only part of the larger trend to formalize every shade of grey in our lives under neoliberal capital

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Another casual playoff FG attempt. No reason to get too worked about what's going to happen here

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Eagles would be leading 3-0 if not for stupid 3rd down penalties

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

pmchem posted:

Cap this poo poo off with a missed FG

Safety imo

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Told you Trubs was faking

Titties in the Medical Tent

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

johnny sack posted:

I can't claim to know the entire rule book but it sure seems like the refs got this one wrong; why wouldn't Chicago get the ball back where the fumble occurred?

Because that would be loving retarded.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

beejay posted:

So if someone picked it up, it would have been a complete pass, but since nobody picked it up, it becomes incomplete. Nonsense.

Seriously, its loving mindboggling

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Titties in the Medical Tent

please, jo tent

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
did Parkey just whiff on a practice kick attempt or did he do that on purpose

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If he misses this I loving swear

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

beejay posted:

So if someone picked it up, it would have been a complete pass, but since nobody picked it up, it becomes incomplete. Nonsense.

Yea that's not right. I would like to see the NFL come out tomorrow and say "Whoops - the refs had never encountered this situation previously and they got it wrong. It's not their fault, per se, but sorry, Chicago."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what in the gently caress is going on

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Because that would be loving retarded.

Unlike what actually ended up happening which was totally smart and logical

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

beejay posted:

The Catch 22

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Welcome to Who's Possession is it Anyway: Where the rules are made up and the points don't matter

Fantastic

I bet they just come out and say "The refs announced it wrong, it was just incomplete"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

on the otherhand that was entertaining as gently caress and would have just been a boring incomplete otherwise

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Has Pederson put on weight?

Is this like the Santa Clause where any successor to Reid balloons up to Reid size?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Refs have had a shockingly bad day. Also trubs is trash.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

hughesta posted:

did Parkey just whiff on a practice kick attempt or did he do that on purpose

Clearly did it on purpose.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

axeil posted:

Imo unclear recovery really should be a "do the play over" situation

it wasn't ruled an unclear recovery, it was ruled an incomplete pass. they got to replay the down for literally no reason.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This is the worst wild card weekend of playoff football in NFL history, all eight teams looked somewhere on the spectrum between mediocre and loving terrible

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I think a lot of NFL teams around the league should look at signing that official, he has good ball handling skills and there's not much tape on him for teams to study

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

johnny sack posted:

Because nobody recovered the fumble and the ball stayed in bounds. Literally a coinflip makes more sense then giving it back to the offense.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

one of the dumbest halves of football i've ever watched

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
*3 point game*

FUCKIN NFL I'M TELLIN YA MAN

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Why do they keep replaying that play that was really really obviously an incomplete pass

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I can't believe the Bears are in the lead at half. Bears need to come out and score a TD, make it 13/14-3.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Bears up a field goal in spite of themselves

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

MatildaTheHun posted:

Replay has never been good and human error is part of sports and trying to mechanize it is only part of the larger trend to formalize every shade of grey in our lives under neoliberal capital

:yeah:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Refs can make up rules whenever they want. Though the fairest thing would have been to replay the down. The correct call should have been catch and fumble, no recovery ball reward to last possessing team da bears. Hella mad at eagles players just strutting around instead of picking up a football.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

MakaVillian posted:

It was ruled incomplete on the field and they upheld that (incorrect) ruling

This almost makes sense...but honestly not really.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
If anyone had any hope of this playoffs being anything but the Patriots coasting to another super bowl win ahahahahaha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn’t Brooklyn 911 get canceled ?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

johnny sack posted:

Yea that's not right. I would like to see the NFL come out tomorrow and say "Whoops - the refs had never encountered this situation previously and they got it wrong. It's not their fault, per se, but sorry, Chicago."

Yeah I fully expect a new rule to be enacted for that exact situation this offseason

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

triple sulk posted:

one of the dumbest halves of football i've ever watched

why?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lol if the Bears win a playoff game on the foot of Cody Parkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

R.D. Mangles posted:

what in the gently caress is going on

Given the previous 3 games this weekend the NFL is asking the same thing.