Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

God, this somehow took like five hours to do.:negative:

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Kind of generous to imply that we didn't shoot ourselves in the head the last two times.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Ikasuhito posted:

This made me laugh quite loudly.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i wish you could make an image the topic title

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rodyle posted:

It was actually Morocco who broke our alliance for no reason and then allied with France.

Clearly the correct move was to so thoroughly antagonize them that this became the permanent state of affairs.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Ikasuhito posted:

Holy poo poo! :yeshaha:

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

To be unnecessarily fair, the last war was mostly a pre-existing Kafkaesque Maelstrom of slaughter that Frangleterre took a long, thoughtful look at before dragging the whole world into it.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ikasuhito posted:

:five:

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Hashim posted:

Speaking of, I'm still not sure what name to go for with a fascist Dual Monarchy. They're called Union of the Channel right now, but I feel like there's too many "unions" already, so I might change it to the Diarchy, or the United State or something along those lines.

The United States of Europa

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Ikasuhito posted:

Need a crying andalus flag for this, gotta make do with :ussr:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Pacho posted:

The United States of Europa

I'm probably gonna go with "Gaul" or "Gallic State", I reckon, if only because it was briefly revived during the middle ages.

gotta save the USE as a decision for when they blitzkrieg across Germany

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Ikasuhito posted:

The only way this could be better is if we were cutting off our own dick in the final panel.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Good old Al Andalus. Picking bad options and screwing over the neighbors.

Hashim posted:

Speaking of, I'm still not sure what name to go for with a fascist Dual Monarchy. They're called Union of the Channel right now, but I feel like there's too many "unions" already, so I might change it to the Diarchy, or the United State or something along those lines.

The Crowned Alliance
National Association of La Manche.
Alliance of Confrerie
United States of La Manche

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ikasuhito posted:

:eyepop::five:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Ikasuhito posted:

Worth every last second of effort. Bravissimo.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hashim posted:

Have you seen this world? Do you really think we're gonna make it to space?

For real though, I don't really play Stellaris, so I decided a long time ago that this LP was gonna end in Vic2 or HOI. I feel like 5 games is more than enough for one LP anyways.

Just sayin' Hashim, but one of the starting characteristics you can give a civilization in Stellaris is "Post-Apocalyptic", where your species lives on an irradiated Tomb World as a result of nuclear armageddoning themselves and rebuilding.

I mean, surely nothing like that would ever arise directly as a consequence of beloved Al-Andalus, but it's interesting. :razz:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Ikasuhito posted:

Simply amazing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder if Morocco is fully out of Iberia or if there's any worthless tiny scraps, smaller than most Paradox maps go that Morocco just hangs onto as a sticking point, just like Spain has on modern-day Morocco.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wonder if Morocco is fully out of Iberia or if there's any worthless tiny scraps, smaller than most Paradox maps go that Morocco just hangs onto as a sticking point, just like Spain has on modern-day Morocco.

It's always interesting looking up the tiny piles of dirt sprinkled around the world that aren't actually owned by who you would think.

Like how Gibraltar actually still belongs to UK, for example.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i went to wiki for examples and gently caress it, why pretend i'm smarter than my source

quote:

Enclaves within enclaves

It is possible for an enclave of one country to be completely surrounded by a part of another country that is itself an enclave of the first country. These enclaves are sometimes called counter-enclaves.

The Dutch municipality of Baarle-Nassau has seven exclaves in two exclaves of the Belgian municipality of Baarle-Hertog.

The former complex of enclaves at Cooch Behar district included 24 second-order enclaves and one small third-order enclave called Dahala Khagrabari #51: a piece of India within Bangladesh, within India, within Bangladesh. The Indo-Bangladesh enclaves were exchanged on 31 July 2015 by the ratified Land Boundary Agreement, and Dahala Khagrabari was ceded to Bangladesh.

Nahwa of the United Arab Emirates is surrounded by Madha, an exclave of Oman within the U.A.E.

The Portuguese town of Estremoz is made up of two civil parishes (freguesias): the small Santo André and the big Santa Maria. Santo André corresponds to the old town (located inside the medieval walls), but excludes the citadel, which is an enclave inside the old town; the citadel belongs to Santa Maria, which also includes the entire new town (outside the walls) and the vast rural area around it. Thus, Santa Maria has an enclave (Santo André, the old town) with a second-order enclave inside it (the citadel)

so there's some examples of double-enclaves. this is topical

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
It's not our fault they keep joining with the scorpion.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's a cross between old conquests that can't fully be let go and geographic areas that formed afterwards and never could fully consolidate.

And of course, it's the 19th century equivalent of those US military bases everywhere. You could make a decent argument that every US military base is its own little exclave.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

quote:

third-order enclave called Dahala Khagrabari #51: a piece of India within Bangladesh, within India, within Bangladesh. The Indo-Bangladesh enclaves were exchanged on 31 July 2015 by the ratified Land Boundary Agreement, and Dahala Khagrabari was ceded to Bangladesh.

An enclave inside an enclave inside an enclave is the best type of enclave. :colbert:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's a cross between old conquests that can't fully be let go and geographic areas that formed afterwards and never could fully consolidate.

And of course, it's the 19th century equivalent of those US military bases everywhere. You could make a decent argument that every US military base is its own little exclave.

There's also embassies and other diplomatic missions, which could be considered enclaves.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Like father like son :ohdear:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

With that flag, I know they've got their priorities straight

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Imo if we dont have a country whos flag is just a gullontine this is not a good timeline.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hashim posted:

"You, alright!? I learned it by watching you!"

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

With that flag, I know they've got their priorities straight

Clearly we should have put the Moroccan coastline on our flag instead of that dumb pomegranate. We'd be dining like kings on Straits-caught fish flavored with the finest spices in Marrakesh!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

4 industry into 1936 is not a good look. Assuming the AI never got around to clicking the reopen button after, or was too poor to.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

4 industry into 1936 is not a good look. Assuming the AI never got around to clicking the reopen button after, or was too poor to.

Quite possible that the territory Ibriz has left is incredibly sparsely populated, especially since New England and whatever we're calling Irish Canada have been hogging all the immigrants. Also, Mexico can do pretty well for itself on precious metals and oil, which really limits the incentive to industrialize.

Rump Ibriz is still super-Mexico, stretching all the way down through Costa Rica.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hashim posted:

Nice flag

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Didn't Ibriz, especially southern Ibriz have a shitload of Native pops left from being lackadaisical in conquering its landmass? To the point of native nations still having cores for native nations left on it? How's that doing?

Am I misremembering something, or did Ibriz used to be split in half with the northern bit being Mazura and New England's just undone about a century of history by carving out their puppet state?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much because they've been stuck in a constant cycle of revolution and bankruptcy, with fascist rebellions being especially common. I sent a few troops over there to help maintain the communist government though, and they've quickly recovered after that, rising back up to secondary power within a year.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Am I misreading or is over half the population of Ibriz fascist?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

QuoProQuid posted:

Am I misreading or is over half the population of Ibriz fascist?

No, that's half the population of that particular province. A lot of the Ibrizi heartland is fascist though, with the north and south being more liberal and communist, but only just.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Hashim posted:

No, that's half the population of that particular province. A lot of the Ibrizi heartland is fascist though, with the north and south being more liberal and communist, but only just.

First order of business after rebuilding our navy: Sending over a freighter packed with garrotes de acero.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Patter Song posted:

Quite possible that the territory Ibriz has left is incredibly sparsely populated, especially since New England and whatever we're calling Irish Canada have been hogging all the immigrants. Also, Mexico can do pretty well for itself on precious metals and oil, which really limits the incentive to industrialize.

Rump Ibriz is still super-Mexico, stretching all the way down through Costa Rica.

Doubtful given their still relatively high military score, and that they should still have their heartland of pops in Mexico. Agreed that the areas that started sparsely populated in 1836 are probably still that way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Wait, if we're already at 1936, what happened to all of the post-WW1 decisions? Aren't we all now members of the Central Committee bearing suspicious resemblances to former members of the Majlis?