Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

jit bull transpile posted:

Women go to the bathroom together all the time, especially when it's a single like that. Given her outfit she was at a wedding or party and her and a couple other friends were drunk and thought it'd be funny to take a picture.

ironically this is some :biotruths: poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

We like to pee together so we can spill hot goss about the other people we're hanging out with.

Or do cocaine.

Or both!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TK-42-1 posted:

ironically this is some :biotruths: poo poo

I'm a woman you fuckin moron. I'm speaking from experience here.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

We like to pee together so we can spill hot goss about the other people we're hanging out with.

Or do cocaine.

Or both!

Plus it's faster than forming a line and dealing with awkwardly shuffling past each other through the door.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
GRRM: *takes notes hornily*

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I'm a woman you fuckin moron. I'm speaking from experience here.

i know i was trying to pile on. sorry if i whiffed

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TK-42-1 posted:

i know i was trying to pile on. sorry if i whiffed

Oh no worries then. Sorry for hollering

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Oh no worries then. Sorry for hollering

it’s all good. it’s hard to find that space where i can make jokes without being offensive when i care very deeply about things. last thing i want to do is to alienate for any reason other than somehow still enjoying this garbage fire of a fantasy series

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TK-42-1 posted:

it’s all good. it’s hard to find that space where i can make jokes without being offensive when i care very deeply about things. last thing i want to do is to alienate for any reason other than somehow still enjoying this garbage fire of a fantasy series

<3

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

She's doing the eyebrow thing which is like the only thing she knows how to do when on camera so staged

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

please, he pays women to go to the bathroom together

get on the cheese puff man's level

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't believe she made a dress out of the floor of the Black Lodge.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Drone Jett posted:

LOL at that lovely Wall that only lasted 10,000 years.

But the White Walkers blow through it once they show up again 10,000 years later, and the wildlings are constantly getting around it or going over it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

pseudanonymous posted:

But the White Walkers blow through it once they show up again 10,000 years later, and the wildlings are constantly getting around it or going over it.

Yeah, the wall literally never kept anything out and the exact moment someone wanted to go through it they did.

Like you can't say "haha, this wall in Texas works. Look at how few people in Madagascar are coming over it" when people in Madagascar are clearly not trying, meanwhile everyone else is just using ladders and tunnels to get past your dumb poo poo wall.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

they’re even using catapults

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TK-42-1 posted:

they’re even using catapults

They can shoot arrows over it ffs. Imagine what a caravan of ms13 members with uzis could do

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yeah, the wall literally never kept anything out and the exact moment someone wanted to go through it they did.

Like you can't say "haha, this wall in Texas works. Look at how few people in Madagascar are coming over it" when people in Madagascar are clearly not trying, meanwhile everyone else is just using ladders and tunnels to get past your dumb poo poo wall.

ice coyotes

yuge ice coyotes

-old man

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

pseudanonymous posted:

Yes, hordes of wildlings have been wandering across the wall with impunity, good take.

I always laugh at people who were stupid enough to build a house that was destroyed by a tornado 50 years later. Dumbshits should have just slept under the open sky their whole lives, that pile of bricks was useless.

Drone Jett fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 6, 2019

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Drone Jett posted:

Yes, hordes of wildlings have been wandering across the wall with impunity, good take.

I always laugh at people who were stupid enough to build a house that was destroyed by a tornado 50 years later. Dumbshits should have just slept under the open sky their whole lives, that pile of bricks was useless.

cool youre jets grrm

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the only place to live i under the earth

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

avshalemon posted:

the only place to live i under the earth

Bilbo Baggins rereg spotted.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I assume the wildlings were honestly pretty chill with the Wall. The southerons stayed the gently caress out, they got to live their lives how they pleased, and yeah one day, hundreds of years later, terrifying ice zombies started killing their friends, but it was otherwise pretty good.

And Mance was able to cross the Wall at will, so it's less that "the Wall really worked the vast majority of the time" and more "the wildlings really had no reason to go to the """Northern""" kingdom because southerons are poo poo."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I assume the wildlings were honestly pretty chill with the Wall. The southerons stayed the gently caress out, they got to live their lives how they pleased, and yeah one day, hundreds of years later, terrifying ice zombies started killing their friends, but it was otherwise pretty good.

And Mance was able to cross the Wall at will, so it's less that "the Wall really worked the vast majority of the time" and more "the wildlings really had no reason to go to the """Northern""" kingdom because southerons are poo poo."

all of those quotes just make me wonder :thunk:

who are the jews of westeros?

did grrm dodge the bullet of not including anti-semitism into his totally original fantasy kingdom completely not based on europe and asia

it's based on the war of the roses and the golden horde, neh?

who then are the chosen people?

starks?

do we know who is and who is not circumcised?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
there's probably some really hamfisted jewish essosian kingdom that everyone forgot about because everything in essos is completely mind numbing except for tyrion and griff

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If someone gives him that idea you just know Fire and Blood vol. 2 will have the Pentoshi ruler King Melb Rooks, the Chosen, Flayer of Dicks, the Pork Refuser, because GRRM is somehow less subtle than George Lucas.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I never quite got how wildlings can raid/steal in force with the Wall there. I guess some can paddle boats around the edges on the sea, but otherwise?

"Alright guys, we stole three cows, sixty pounds of grain and kidnapped some damsels. Sven, you carry the cows on your back up the Wall. I'll do it on the climb down on the other side. Jurgen carries the grain, and we'll try to talk the damsels into carrying our wounded after we teach them ice-climbing for the trip back. Really fruitful raiding trip!"

Oddly enough, the things that are actually worth enough AND are compact enough to justify distant/difficult raids tend to be gold, gems, spices and such, which are of no use to wildlings who are barely in the Bronze Age in a ridiculously hostile environment and have little commerce with the people who actually value those things.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
The faceless men are the Jews. Or at the very least tick many Jewish boxes.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Collateral posted:

The faceless men are the Jews. Or at the very least tick many Jewish boxes.

Nah the facedancers and jews are totally distinct factions

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
He'll publish it next year in Jerusalem.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

syscall girl posted:

all of those quotes just make me wonder :thunk:

who are the jews of westeros?

the jews are the iron bank people

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Lord Jorj of the Sorrows, a mercantile banker who has surprising ties to the walkers and the Sand Snakes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Okay this is getting weird and borderline racist/anti-semitic. Pull up, Bad Thread, pull up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay this is getting weird and borderline racist/anti-semitic. Pull up, Bad Thread, pull up.

*slams flightstick forward plunging nose straight at the ground

Ned Stark is the Jews because he got his top cut off!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
ima agree with this crow person and say sorry tbt

it was a joke but it was actually a compliment to grrrrrrm that he doesn't have any actual jewish stereotypes in his books

iron bank, lol

now the christian analogies horry poo poo

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 7, 2019

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
as a jew, i can say with confidence that the jewish analog is the First Men for ashkenazim and the Rhoynar for sephardim

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
jews are the mermen

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drone Jett posted:

How about this one. The hero of GoT is the guy who opens the gate and lets the refugees in.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

How about this one. The hero of GoT is the guy who opens the gate and lets the refugees in.

which makes bran the builder donald trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

We're going to build an impossible wall of ice, and we're gonna make the wildlings pay for it!

MAKE THE NORTH STOIC AGAIN