Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

has anybody said See's suckers yet? that's the best candy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

:ducksiren: i have a healthy happy babby :ducksiren:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

alnilam posted:

congrats :parrot:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

alnilam posted:

Congranulations!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

congrats to you and your wife

you guys just got the last person you needed to complete the halloween costume of orion's belt :)

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

Nice friend! glad to hear it!

Grimwit

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!

alnilam posted:

Hey! Congratulations!

Um...

Is...

Is it your's?

alnilam

No i shoplifted it from a baby store :twisted:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

No i shoplifted it from a baby store :twisted:

oh you mean a baby merchant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPk966PuQNE

Grimwit

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!
Woah.
Does that mean Boss Baby is a documentary?

[Head-Splosion]

Mummy Napkin

alnilam posted:

conglaturations, bud!

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

alnilam posted:

Congrats!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

:blastu: [anyone who would harm al's baby]

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

alnilam posted:

Yay!
Congratulations!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

alnilam posted:

grats

https://twitter.com/PicturesFoIder/status/1081974501380886531

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

Conglaturations!!!!! Hope waifu is doing well and babby is getting a job!!!!!!!

sb hermit

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

alnilam posted:

Congrats! Post pics! :angel:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Congrats! Post pics! :angel:

BoldFrankensteinMir

Belated but sincere congratulations to pappy Alnilam! I was in kitty jail for being stupid but was still glad to read the news.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

He looks just like his dear old pops :kimchi:

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

alnilam posted:

congrats, I'm celebrating for you with a big plate of nachos and a beer :cheers:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Olive! posted:

congrats, I'm celebrating for you with a big plate of nachos and a beer :cheers:

ah traditional baby celebration food

BoldFrankensteinMir

Stuff I learned while takin' care of a baby:

1- no matter how cute it seems, do not let the baby put their fingers in your mouth or you will get sick.

2- you will get sick anyway, the sickest you've ever been.

3- don't even worry about number 3, just survive another five minutes.

Edit- 4- Baby Einstein was stupid nonsense and I'm glad it's gone.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 6, 2019

sb hermit

Olive! posted:

I got no nachos but I’m gonna raise a glass to baby and co

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

alnilam

Papa Was A Video Toaster

and knowing is half the battle!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

:peanut::peanut::peanut::peanut:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
https://twitter.com/LightHo57732890/status/1079916951219011584

BoldFrankensteinMir

Oh my, I had forgotten about this thing; I kept a blog (oh the old days...) while I was a live-in nanny for a four-month-old and a seven-year-old.

Pardon the crappy Wordpress formatting; drat 2013 seems like a lot longer than six years ago...

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
congrats Al, and to the whole dang falnilamily!

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

Woohoo! WTG Al and Mrs. Al!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

manero

alnilam posted:

congrabulations!

Farecoal

There he go
alnilam giving birth to his child(ren), 2019 colorized

xcheopis

Mazel tov!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hahahawesome

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

the miracle of life :kimchi:

BoldFrankensteinMir

If I may, I'd like to share a nice family story. It is very, very cold in Wyoming lately, so cold all the locals are actually grumbling about it which is rare. It's going down to sub zero at night with 80 mph winds several times a week. I am very grateful for the means to keep my family warm in such weather, including, weirdly, an old GameCube I pieced back together with eBay parts!

How does that keep people warm, you might ask? Well, my mom, who loves sci-fi and fantasy, has been gobbling up old console games with my brother and I while we're stuck inside and making the best of extremely limited internet speeds. She doesn't play them, but really likes the stories. So far we've been cruising around old PS3 classics, Fallout/Elder Scrolls and the Arkham series, Half-Life/Portal and Little Big Planet and Infamous and such, games I would probably not have played again (on console at least) but get to show her for the first time. Eventually I asked her which was her favorite, and she was very clear it was Fallout: New Vegas. Not surprising, she grew up reading classic Heinlein and Bradbury and watching Lost in Space and having Conelrad/ Duck and Cover trash dropped on her, which even when she was a kid she knew was BS. And she loves really complicated stories with tactical politics and tons of characters (this is the woman who put Dune and Foundation and Ender's Game into kid me's hands after all) so it makes sense, but none of those were the reason she gave.

'It's nice to pretend you're in the desert when it's so cold out' she says. And that gets me thinking...

Cut to just this week when I finally get the last (counterfeit, but it works so far) piece to make an old Nintendo GameCube work again and run Legend of Zelda: Windwaker! She loves it. Sailing a tropical ocean in a cartoony faerie-tale is the most fun we've had together so far with this experiment, and it really does make you forget about the cold. Plus, drat I had forgotten how tight the design is, it has aged wonderfully (unlike, uh, a lot of the titles on that PlayStation list).

It's a surprising late-hour revival for that broken purple box that's been in a drawer since I first left home 17 years ago this fall. Not something I would have thought to revisit, honestly, but now when we finish a day of work, me writing or drawing or (ugh) moving furniture and her making jewelry or designing websites (my mom is cool), and it's dark and cold already at five pm, she'll say "let's go sailing!" and we'll put an hour into saving Hyrule. And her insights are great- even for 2002 Tetra really is a surprisingly strong rejection of the usual princess trope (I haven't spoiled the secret yet, hee hee). And yeah, Zelda games really do follow Campbell's hero arc very effectively in a way both kids and adults can get behind emotionally. All great stuff, much better than just waiting for spring and staring out at the snow.

I'm probably moving back to town this year but in the meantime, it has been cool as heck revisiting old physical-media favorites with my family while I'm somewhere Steam is laughably unusable. Hoist the sail and man the cannon, we have a tropical sea to explore this winter!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

congrats al

and that was v sweet bfm :)