Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CmdrRiker posted:

Frostnite? I'll join you if you want help. Just PM me. (I only play STW though)

i just did it with randoms. Got lucky and survived more than one hour (two times!). Really fun game mode.

Later I played with my cousin, he had a lot of fun too. Is a good gamemode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

The gun is real solid against structures and, at least on PC where you can aim the plane with the mouse, it's pretty drat accurate.

You can aim plane with the mouse?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its great against structures, sure, but I'm used to straight up sniping people at much longer ranges in the little bird in Battlefield

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You can aim plane with the mouse?

Yeah, the mouse makes the plane turn slowly in whatever direction. It works pretty well once you figure it out

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Plastik posted:

Yeah, the mouse makes the plane turn slowly in whatever direction. It works pretty well once you figure it out

Ah, that yes, but I don't quite count as aiming. I thought "proper" mouse flight controls, as in War Thunder.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My nephew is taking an interest in PC gaming so I gave him my old Sidewinder keyboard seeing it works with this on Xbox now, had also given him a mouse too. I tried it when we visited the other day and he had changed the plane controls to non-inverted D: He even still had it set to hold the action button to open chests! And kids are supposed to be up on this poo poo.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Tei posted:

i just did it with randoms. Got lucky and survived more than one hour (two times!). Really fun game mode.

Later I played with my cousin, he had a lot of fun too. Is a good gamemode.

Dope. My public games always self destruct after the minimum time required to obtain the latest reward. I hate the new slippery physics mechanic so playing no more than the minimum required time was acceptable this week.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I hit a weird glitch where the creepy giant Santa head was on the Plague Doctor body and I thought: that's gotta be coming right? Interchangeable heads? It looks super creepy.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hoverboard in br is Tuesday, right?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

To anyone playing Save the World and at least two Storm Shield Defenses into Twine Peaks, there's an Exotic Lead Survivor for a mission reward for the next few hours.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

To anyone playing Save the World and at least two Storm Shield Defenses into Twine Peaks, there's an Exotic Lead Survivor for a mission reward for the next few hours.

Exotic?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mythic, unique, named, gold-colored - whatever. It's the actual endgame chase people drop $10 for in the hopes of getting one at random. It's the Pragmatic Engineering Corp. woman.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Mythic, unique, named, gold-colored - whatever. It's the actual endgame chase people drop $10 for in the hopes of getting one at random. It's the Pragmatic Engineering Corp. woman.

Ah okay. I have one for that slot and I was out of Alerts anyway because I was chasing Perk up for my scythes today

My Harvester wrecks everything now so I'm pretty much done for the classes I wanted to have. I don't see much point in making a Shotgun Raider set up since it's going to function so much like my Ranger except slower.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

AAB posted:

Hoverboard in br is Tuesday, right?

Hoverboard was supposedly coming the next content update which is Tuesday, but I'll believe it when I'm riding one down Polar Peak.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I dont like the gliders at all and have always used umbrellas. They need to bring in the zip boards from Reboot. Imagine how cool that would be.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Father Wendigo posted:

ugh, I need to work on these. I got one SSD done just so I can try to get legendary perk up. My survivors are a mess.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

rip burst AR https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v7-10-content-update-3

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I can't remember, is there a tutorial for this game on Switch? I've only logged in and tried to play twice now, but I'm super confused, not just with the overall gameplay (aside from shoot people), but also specifically the controls. Is there now solo 'gently caress around with no consequences, by yourself' mode?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Praise jesus. Can we get in the habit of just posting the patch notes here? Its blocked for me at work and I got gently caress all cell service in my office.

e: dug it up elsewhere. So the plane is basically useless now? Spread increased by 75%? Jesus it was already a full bore AK47. And you can build higher than you can fly? For the love of jeff.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 8, 2019

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Dual pistols back :worship:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

codo27 posted:

And you can build higher than you can fly? For the love of jeff.

I'm not sure if this is a joke but if you see someone building at the max build height, just fly into their platform and enjoy the free kill.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't remember, is there a tutorial for this game on Switch? I've only logged in and tried to play twice now, but I'm super confused, not just with the overall gameplay (aside from shoot people), but also specifically the controls. Is there now solo 'gently caress around with no consequences, by yourself' mode?

There is no tutorial. The preferred Switch control scheme is "Builder Pro" with motion controls on.

Yes, there is a creative mode where you get an hour to do whatever you want either alone or with people in a party

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Dualies!

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Thank god. Hopefully now the better assault rifle is more common. I swear to god every game I'd end up with a gray or a green burst and someone attacking me right away.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

quote:

Suppressed Sniper Rifle added.

Available in Epic and Legendary variants.

Can be found from chests, floor loot, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops.

A single shot, scoped sniper rifle.

The suppressor makes for a quieter shot, trading stealth for power.

Deals 100/105 base damage

I like using sniper rifles in big team modes. Losing out on power in exchange for being a silent killer is no big deal if I plan properly.

quote:

Dual Pistols have been unvaulted.
:yeshaha:

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
First game in the Sniper Squads LTM and I earn my first death from pistols.

So much for just sniper rifles, huh?

Fuckin' Epic.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There is no tutorial. The preferred Switch control scheme is "Builder Pro" with motion controls on.

Yes, there is a creative mode where you get an hour to do whatever you want either alone or with people in a party

It may not exactly be a Switch tutorial, but the first part of the pve questline has a handful of random building/editing tutorials. Creative has a few prebuilt deployables that show off the different tile edits as well

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

RubberBands Hurt posted:

It may not exactly be a Switch tutorial, but the first part of the pve questline has a handful of random building/editing tutorials. Creative has a few prebuilt deployables that show off the different tile edits as well

Save the World isn’t available on Switch.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Yeah, no they nerfed planes down to useless for anything but travel. Can't even harass a single person because they can blow up your plane in seconds with even the most basic gun. No reason to even have a gun on it at this point.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Good!

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Now we can all focus on using planes the way god intended: roll upside down, switch seats to engage auto pilot and take some snipes.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

I am sick of being matched with assholes in the new Frostnite challenge. Each time we fail the mission before the 30m mark. It makes me even more upset that each time I have the max score for all three categories too. Anyone wanna help a goon out?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Yeah nothing I love more than LESS options on how to play a game. Let's take out jumping and building too.

Oh we should do a Twitch stream to demonstrate why walls don't work!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

Yeah nothing I love more than LESS options on how to play a game. Let's take out jumping and building too.

Oh we should do a Twitch stream to demonstrate why walls don't work!

You seem to be really mad about your crutch being taken away.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
God forbid a new mechanic is added to a game to keep things fun and fresh.

Excuse me while I go build-battle somebody for the 50th time today just like I've done every day for 365 days in a row. :ninja:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You seem to be really mad about your crutch being taken away.

I will be just as salty once balloons are gone

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nullsmack posted:

Excuse me while I go build-battle somebody for the 50th time today just like I've done every day for 365 days in a row. :ninja:

God forbid you become familiar with base game mechanics, yeah.

Coolness Averted posted:

I will be just as salty once balloons are gone

I don't think they will be gone any time soon, they are in good place now. What will most likely happen is the eventual reduction in drop rate, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get a miniscule increase in horizontal velocity come season 8.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Nullsmack posted:

1v1 me in a build battle :v:

Fun and fresh stuff are good. Broken OP poo poo makes the game not fun and fresh real fast. hth.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Nobody has time to learn anything new, or how to counter new mechanics. Instead, they just whine a lot about how OP it is until Epic nerfs it into the ground or removes it from the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nullsmack posted:

Nobody has time to learn anything new, or how to counter new mechanics. Instead, they just whine a lot about how OP it is until Epic nerfs it into the ground or removes it from the game.

Not everyone has learning speed of a 40 year old American who plays 2 games per day. But sure, you are right and everyone else is wrong.