Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Weatherman posted:

they smell like gum trees and racism

tbh eucalyptus scented banknotes would be :krad:

also australian banknotes own. sorry for your uncoolness northamericanailures

Look at this guy talking about australian dollars and proposing some wimp rear end eucalyptus banknotes instead of gympie gympie banknotes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

https://curiosity.com/topics/the-suicide-plant-has-the-most-painful-stingers-in-the-world-curiosity/ posted:

"Like being burned by hot acid and electrocuted at the same time." That's botanist Marina Hurley on what it feels like to touch the gympie gympie. Not that you have to touch it. An extremely fine fuzz of poisonous needles coats the entire plant, and better yet, the things shed like a cat in the summertime. So it's disturbingly easy to get stung just by standing near them.

There's no shortage of horror stories about the gympie gympie. One ex-serviceman, Cyril Bromley, fell into one of the plants during WWII training exercises, and he ended up strapped to a hospital bed, "as mad as a cut snake." Bromley also told a story of an officer who unknowingly used a leaf as toilet paper. He ended up shooting himself. Botanist Ernie Rider was whacked in the face, arm, and chest in 1963, and it wasn't until 1965 that he was finally free of the pain.

There's probably a bitcoin metaphor in there also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Im here to say two things.

Bitcoinario from like page 2 freaked me the gently caress out.

And i miss when the US had actual art on its money.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
To be clear not like the timeframe when that was going on because when america had art on its money was not a good time to be alive really.

I just miss when the main way to combat counterfeit money was to make that fucker real pretty to look at.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Buttcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
what if we make the money so ugly no self respecting forger would want to dirty themselves by duplicating it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Boxturret posted:

what if we make the money so ugly no self respecting forger would want to dirty themselves by duplicating it

but doctor, the money said, i am bitcoin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterMcCormack/status/1079692341823369216
https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterMcCormack/status/1079695490650902528
https://mobile.twitter.com/Archer_IRL/status/1079696223366467586

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i invited :gerard: on to my podcast but my holy words didn't cause him to crumble to dust so i will never release the tapes

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/seocheatcode/status/1079820502531825664

hmm

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

sometimes the truth hurts

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the weirdest part is seeing that written without all the parentheses.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/oliver_drk/status/1081709607129698305

ben shapiro DESTROYS the fed!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Dear David, why won't you issue a public redaction

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:agreed:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I like it, it's direct and to the point.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

From CES:

On Sunday at CES, the crypto wallet company Ledger revealed its latest device — the Bluetooth-enabled Ledger Nano X. The device is roughly similar to the previous Nano S, offering more support for multiple wallets and coin types but leaving internals otherwise the same. But Bluetooth will allow the X to connect to mobile devices through the new Ledger Live app, a powerful new way to access hardware wallets through your phone.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/6/18171346/ledger-nano-x-bluetooth-crypto-hardware-wallet-ces-2019

Finally, theft is even easier!

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

it's like there's some sort of trade off between security and usability that requires trust to overcome

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Powershift posted:

I like it, it's direct and to the point.

:wrong:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Boxturret posted:

an actual bill from a real country

Classic overuse of WordArt.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
it's always great to get an internet crazy person

in the interview he went on for about 10000 years about why the war on drugs was bad actually

(which I didn't actually disagree with at all)

he wanted me to remove the book section on Ross because Ross was not convicted of soliciting murder, therefore he didn't do it

also i'm defaming ross

I asked if he'd go to bat the same way for Jimmy Savile, who wasn't convicted of raping children. apparently that's different tho

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

an actual bill from a real country

Why does it say "loo loo loo loo"

Or is it "loolooloolool"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gschmidl posted:

Or is it "loolooloolool"

a mystery nobody will ever be able to figure out

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

divabot posted:

I asked if he'd go to bat the same way for Jimmy Savile, who wasn't convicted of raping children. apparently that's different tho

how was it different? in his view, i mean

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Weatherman posted:

i don't think he owned a bitcoin

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

if the war on drugs is bad, that must mean selling heroin is good

qed

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Weatherman posted:

they all seem super salty about the fact that it wasn't a real hitman he was talking to, at of it changes the fact that his first instinct was to try and have someone murdered

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 7, 2019

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's literally the "attempted chemistry" thing but they're not trying to make a joke

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

https://youtu.be/9t2EQ3X_Qm8

fresh laughs ahoy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Weatherman posted:

Unlike Ross, Savile gave a lot of money on charities, which is an affront to libertarinsm.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

he is legally accountable for any defamation he commits, it's just that saying that ross attempted to hire hitmen isn't defamation, on account of it being true

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

also one of his sources for ross hiring hitmen is ross

that has to count for something

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Every so often i think of mycrimes.txt and smile

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fisting by many posted:

also one of his sources for ross hiring hitmen is ross

that has to count for something

Can you prove it was Ross and not his mum, huh? Didn't think so.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

i don't think he owned a bitcoin

p. much. bitcoiners will even tell you as much. they believe that since ross owned bitcoins then he should be above the law. not exaggerating, that's one of their top defenses of him: he did a lot for bitcoin so any bitcoiner who doesn't support his release is an ungrateful rear end in a top hat

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

what did ross do for bitcoin? make it associated with illegal darkweb purchases in the minds of the general public? even though this use case is also resoundingly shown to be terrible because it's only pseudononymous and the transaction rates and fees are untenable?

good going ross, a little more of you bitcoin boosting and we can finally give bitcoin the burial it deserves, much like your chances for exoneration

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

gschmidl posted:

Or is it "loolooloolool"

thats the eurion constellation
photoshop and copy machines are supposed detect it to tell when currency is being copied

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

divabot posted:

asking bitcoin guy to condemn sex crimes against children is a risky rhetorical gambit, mr gerund

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Weatherman posted:

in his view child rape isn't a crime

e:f;b

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
in a just world the feds who caught ross would be in jail now for negative murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

kw0134 posted:

what did ross do for bitcoin? make it associated with illegal darkweb purchases in the minds of the general public? even though this use case is also resoundingly shown to be terrible because it's only pseudononymous and the transaction rates and fees are untenable?

He gave bitcoin an actual use as a currency. Which is/was:

kw0134 posted:

make it associated with illegal darkweb purchases in the minds of the general public?