Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

haljordan posted:

She used a fake speaking voice, clearly a sociopath. Also she hardly ever blinked

by 'fake speaking voice' he means 'managed to sound like an auto tuned phone ransom call in real life'

neat party trick though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
even the suck zone democrats are basically saying they're gonna gum up the senate until a reopening bill comes in front of them so that's good i guess

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

brugroffil posted:

we are in a second period of time now with VC's willing to burn insane amounts of money chasing "the next facebook"

ok ok hear me out

facebook

on BLOCKCHAIN

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

ASenileAnimal posted:

i didnt think it was possible to grift as hard as people did during the first dotcom boom but i guess im wrong!

The dotcom boom never ended, silicon valley is flooded with companies that are getting money tossed at them that will never show a profit. Uber is a financial black hole and they are still touted as a revolutionary tech masterpiece

cyphr555 posted:

ok ok hear me out

facebook

on BLOCKCHAIN

I am so glad the whole blockchain thing is dying out. I am hyped to find out what the next tech buzzword will be

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
why is that Nunberg claim that Trump only talked about a wall because they came up with it as a memory device getting a bunch of press again? wasn't that debunked months ago?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

chuds: gently caress your feelings and your bullshit political correctness and safe spaces you libtard cucks

also chuds: how dare you call the president a motherfucker have you no decency

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Holy crap dat ratio

https://mobile.twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/1082129600782745600

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
if u acknowledge the existence of emergency declarations u also acknowledge my ability to abuse them

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

cyphr555 posted:

ok ok hear me out

facebook

on BLOCKCHAIN

There were at least three social media blockchain startups at the height of the bubble, gotta work harder to find a ridiculous idea

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Jim Hoft is a dumb, dumb man

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'd ask who gives a poo poo but, well, lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

even the suck zone democrats are basically saying they're gonna gum up the senate until a reopening bill comes in front of them so that's good i guess

wonder what was stopping them from doing this the last 2 years :thunk:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Pead posted:

The dotcom boom never ended, silicon valley is flooded with companies that are getting money tossed at them that will never show a profit. Uber is a financial black hole and they are still touted as a revolutionary tech masterpiece

I am so glad the whole blockchain thing is dying out. I am hyped to find out what the next tech buzzword will be

we're probably about due for quantum to pop up again

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Agean90 posted:

wonder what was stopping them from doing this the last 2 years :thunk:

The fact that Chuck Schumer is a willing collaborator???

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Dancing should be made illegal.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

lock him up

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

bronx hoaxer lmao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

I have been told by several #resistance members that this is impossible and there was nothing shumer could do, could it be they were bootlickers?!?!?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1082287137201029120

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Weaponized Autism posted:

Fun has been outlawed citizen

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Weaponized Autism posted:

only for you

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLiwTZiq_pg

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Local Businessman James Found to Go By "Jimmy" Well into His 50s, Is Promptly Tarred and Feathered

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

gee dub just keeps on giving

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

new kind of cat posted:

anderson copper is a useless boot licker who can’t handle a shot of liquor without betraying his weak and simpering nature

Would appear to be the case.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
TRYMP TRACKER
https://twitter.com/cameron_easley/status/1082298393333035010?s=19

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Mayor Dave posted:

Goons really are thirsty for gun girl eh

goons itt are thirsty for every skinny young :females: that get in the news

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
wall

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Jim hoft got kicked off a cpac panel for being too much of a lunatic lmao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
still amazes sometimes to think that this country of morons and spiteful assholes pulled the lever for W in 2004

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Schnorkles posted:

I don't know why, probably because I am a moron, but I am holding out some tiny sliver of hope that while Schumer does succcccccc hard, his 2017-2018 stances were predicated on protecting the vulnerable seats in the 2018 Senate races. That plan failed miserably and there's a whole different set of targets for 2020, so *maybe* he'll change tactics now that there's a Dem House?

(he won't unless the Long Island Republicans living in his head tell him to)

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

haljordan posted:

Lol who the gently caress is John k Delaney
read it and weep
https://mobile.twitter.com/MaggieAstor/status/1061319131251773441

quote:

Partway through his stump speech at the Iowa State Fair in August, Representative John Delaney spotted a familiar face walking by.

“Mr. Speaker!” he called from his perch atop The Des Moines Register’s soapbox. “What a nice surprise. Speaker Boehner is in the house. You’re looking good, Mr. Speaker. I appreciate you coming out and supporting me, I really do.”

John Boehner, the former House speaker, wearing a blue-and-white gingham shirt almost identical to Mr. Delaney’s — and looking distinctly as though he wished he had taken a different route from the pork chop stand to the parking lot — was instantly surrounded by reporters.

“I worked on a lot of stuff with him. He’s a good member,” was about all Mr. Boehner, a Republican, would say of Mr. Delaney, a Maryland Democrat running for president. “Oh God. I’m just walking by. If it weren’t Delaney there — I’m walking by, I got a pork chop, I was walking by, I saw Delaney. I said, ‘Aw, I’ll stop.’ I should have known better. I should have kept walking.”

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

dont be mean to me posted:

we're probably about due for quantum to pop up again

the fun thing is quantum computing in theory would basically make blockchains worthless.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lmao i just made myself smile knowing that antonin scalia died cranking his tiny hog

and then sad again knowing obama was too big a pussy to recess appoint his replacement

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm just a small town country hyper-chicken, but it seems to me that trial by jury is literally explicitly outlined as a right in the constitution

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Its worth noting that Trump's approval has declined over the last month or so in what are, historically, the best surveys for him. It may be even more pronounced if any of the gold standard pollsters (which are typically worse for him) were actually in the field.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ex post facho posted:

still amazes sometimes to think that this country of morons and spiteful assholes pulled the lever for W in 2004

we just can't afford a Sept 10th mentality

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mayor Dave posted:

Goons really are thirsty for gun girl eh

Not as bad of a thirst as her dad's though

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ex post facho posted:

poo poo hadn't completely hit the fan in Iraq yet and the economy was still doing at least okay, plus long 9/11 hangover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

it's going to be him giving an "I am not a crook" speech because he's about to be indicted on corruption charges and he's fighting it rather than resigning

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-january-7-2019/