Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

:siren::boonie::australia: ATTN AusGoons - Target are having a clearance on several Switch games! :australia::boonie::siren:

Octopath Traveller - $30 :gifttank:
Hyrule Warriors - $30
Bayonetta 2 - $30
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - $30

I think the clear out and out winner is Octopath for $30.

:siren: EBGames and JB Hifi will price match :siren:
(My local ones do at least)

You're too late on this one Infinitum, I beat you to it several posts up the page :smuggo:.

Seriously though, good call on the price-matching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I was busy buying a car today :argh:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons

Target currently has the following games for $30AUD apiece;

Bayonetta 1&2

Octopath Traveller

Hyrule Warriors

Stree Fighter 30th Anniversary.

as a fellow Ausgoon I would just like you to know that I appreciate the updates :waycool:

e. you too Infinitum ;-*

Homestar Runner fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 7, 2019

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
As a kiwigoon I wish we got prices like that

Bayonetta is still NZ$100 :smith:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Licarn posted:

As a kiwigoon I wish we got prices like that

Bayonetta is still NZ$100 :smith:
I was briefly living in Australia when they set up the whole Nintendo Account thing, so thankfully I have access to the Australian eshop, because even with exchange rates and conversion fees, Digital Australian is cheaper and more convenient then buying Nintendo locally.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

aww nuu

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1082251529007046657

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
nintendo and chill

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Resetera and Gaf before it are just the worst loving boards. It's all flame wars about poorly sourced rumors, which insiders are right, threads that are "Am I the only person disappointed in...?" E-celebrity gossip, console wars desperately trying to pretend not to be console wars, and various complaining about games not having features that were never actually promised, and disgusted shock that some Japanese company made a video game with a titty in it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can be disappointed in you if it helps, Al

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thanks, I'll let you know

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Resetera and Gaf before it are just the worst loving boards. It's all flame wars about poorly sourced rumors, which insiders are right, threads that are "Am I the only person disappointed in...?" E-celebrity gossip, console wars desperately trying to pretend not to be console wars, and various complaining about games not having features that were never actually promised, and disgusted shock that some Japanese company made a video game with a titty in it.

Excuse me, you also get some truly transcendentally stupid loving opinions about video games they lead you to question what reality you inhabit.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I honestly couldn't imagine coming to another place other than these here dead/gay forums for my video game (and whatever else) discussions. I actually wonder how much internet activity I would be involved in if it wasn't for SA. It's pretty much the only site I consistently go to.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
I wish they’d make a Switch XL or something. I played my nephew’s Switch over Christmas and it’s super cool but my hands are way too big for the joycon controllers. drat these sausage fingers. Holding the Switch (or controller) is really uncomfortable. The exact same machine but 50% larger would be an insta-buy for me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pro Controller will fix ya right up

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Be Depressive posted:

I wish they’d make a Switch XL or something. I played my nephew’s Switch over Christmas and it’s super cool but my hands are way too big for the joycon controllers. drat these sausage fingers. Holding the Switch (or controller) is really uncomfortable. The exact same machine but 50% larger would be an insta-buy for me.

Skull and Co sells a Grip Case that is superb.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Even if they made a Switch XL it seems unlikely they'd change the joycons since they'd want the rails to be compatible with the existing accessories.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Be Depressive posted:

Get the Satisfye grip. It's seriously great and makes it like holding a pro controller. They make a little one for dual joycons too.

If you are playing a single joycon, get one of those cheap wheels(usually two for $10). Most people use them for just racing games but they are seriously comfortable and give you big squishy shoulder buttons.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm going to throw a baby into a volcano to appease the spirit of Iwata which will get us a good drat Direct and allow me to move on with my life.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mega64 posted:

I'm going to throw a baby into a volcano to appease the spirit of Iwata which will get us a good drat Direct and allow me to move on with my life.

Until the next Direct.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Until the next Direct.

Anticipating the next Direct is the only thing that keeps me going

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Imagined posted:

Even if they made a Switch XL it seems unlikely they'd change the joycons since they'd want the rails to be compatible with the existing accessories.

Has there been many official accessories? Seems like there has been only a few so far. Like it'd obsolete some labo and like, the plastic thing you clip joycons into to be a controller. Both stuff they could offer replacements for if you really really wanted it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I'd like a release date for Daemon x Machina

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imagined posted:

A JoyCon XL isn't impossible. Even in the dock the Switch is raised slightly and it's clear on both sides. You could bulk the JoyCons up a bit quite easily.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Labo takes only one size of joycon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SelenicMartian posted:

Labo takes only one size of joycon.

And those come with every Switch. An independently-sold set of differently-sized JoyCons doesn't have to replace the standard ones.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My favorite direct is when Nintendo doesn't even announce it they just drop a YouTube video

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Probably gets asked a bit, but what's the better Disgaea game to get as a first one, 5, or 1 Complete

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And those come with every Switch. An independently-sold set of differently-sized JoyCons doesn't have to replace the standard ones.

Why get a new version of a $70 pair of components to improve your ergonomics when you can get a $20 grip that works with all joycon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Probably gets asked a bit, but what's the better Disgaea game to get as a first one, 5, or 1 Complete

Every Disgaea is just a straight up improvement mechanically

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Andrast posted:

Every Disgaea is just a straight up improvement mechanically

lol this kind of thing actually makes me want to start with the early games in case I want to replay them and not get kicked by lack of QOL, which is how I attempted to play Persona 1 at some point

but thanks!

e) apparently 1 is on the Playstation store except it's one of those dumb games that doesn't actually show up on the Vita if you search for it, and it's $10 instead of $60(!) so I'll just get it on that, and 5 on the Switch.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 7, 2019

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Is Golf Story any good? Does it use motion controls? Is there a better golf game?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Is Golf Story any good? Does it use motion controls? Is there a better golf game?

Yes, no, Neo Turf Masters is "better" at being a golf game but it's an SNK/NeoGeo arcade game meant for short sessions.

Note that both games are really simple compared to something like even Everybody's Golf but they're both really fun.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Hyrule Warriors question: Should I be actively be going for Skulltula's during the campaign? It feels like I often have to ignore more pressing objectives to go scour the map when a Skulltula pops up, and I'm wondering if maybe you're intended to save those for another mode or something. Are there meaningful unlocks (weapons/characters) tied to those?

^^^Golf Story is great, very cute and clever. It's not a particularly challenging or deep golf game though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Skulltulas are worth going for imo and aren't too bad now that you have two generals in newer versions.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Skulltulas are worth going for imo and aren't too bad now that you have two generals in newer versions.

Could you not originally control multiple characters? Some of these maps feel like they'd be real rough if you only had direct control of one general.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Has there been many official accessories? Seems like there has been only a few so far. Like it'd obsolete some labo and like, the plastic thing you clip joycons into to be a controller. Both stuff they could offer replacements for if you really really wanted it.

All the joycons and the NES controllers they've already released. The comfort and charging grips. Labo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PantsBandit posted:

Could you not originally control multiple characters? Some of these maps feel like they'd be real rough if you only had direct control of one general.

Originally you could but only in multiplayer. From the 3ds version onwards you could hot swap

Panther2103
Jan 7, 2019

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I think the Switch one is a pre-World one ported forward but keeping the same general stupid obtuseness. It’s a bad series with a good concept that finally managed to deliver in the newest game.

E:its a port of the 2015 3DS game.

Switch one is pretty good though if you are willing to put up with the bullshit prior to worlds launch. It's a re release of XX in regions outside Japan which was the HD port of the 3ds game with extra content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

content
Feb 13, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yes, no, Neo Turf Masters is "better" at being a golf game but it's an SNK/NeoGeo arcade game meant for short sessions.

Love Neo Turf Masters and my boy Tom.