Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

loquacius posted:

Being able to afford a lifestyle is only worth so much if you're miserable

:shrug: sounds like he might be a little less miserable with a more supportive partner.

poo poo happens when it comes to work and it’s not the end of the drat world to have to work on Christmas Eve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Your wife contributes to your household. Just because you make all the money doesn't mean it isn't half hers. Stop being an rear end in a top hat and start looking for a new job.

And get some counseling. You assaulted a family member, that's not right.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You could quit and take a lower paying job and have your wife get a job to supplement your income.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

yo you gotta cut your dick off overworking goon. If you do your wife may understand the pressure you’re under and how the benefits are important. You may also find a certain spiritual peace as well, good luck!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

loquacius posted:

Wilderness survival training is of no use in a parking garage because everything looks exactly the same

i was in the boy scouts for twelve years, spent every summer on canoe trips deep in the canadian shield, can navigate an unmarked wilderness with a topographical map and compass, and have a good enough natural sense of orientation that i can immediately tell you which way is north any time i'm asked.

however, whenever i have to drive through a suburb i almost instantly get lost, because every street looks exactly the same and every road is a blind curve that loops back on itself and comes out wherever you don't expect. i loving hate it

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Nocheez posted:

Stop being an rear end in a top hat and start looking for a new job.

Dude everything he typed makes him seem like a total rear end in a top hat.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What career exists where you have a high paying salary, health coverage, and a pension but somehow aren’t seen as valuable to other companies?

I just feel like if the pot is so sweet at your job surely there must be competition somewhere?

Also who just slaps their wife’s titties? I mean besides in the bedroom?

I also feel like “shut up Lu Ann” is a buried lede that is supposed to clue us in to whatever movie or TV show this is from.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

What career exists where you have a high paying salary, health coverage, and a pension but somehow aren’t seen as valuable to other companies?

Union trades.

edit:
In fact I'd bet cold hard cash on that being the case. Everything he described is exactly what a journeyman goes through.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
He was enraged that his wife cried. He stomped into the kitchen to give his wife poo poo for making him look bad by crying because she's upset and probably exhausted from suddenly having all of the Christmas prep dropped in her lap. He thinks his wife was embarrassed that he threw something at his aunt, and that's why she left. Not because he's an rear end in a top hat who started poo poo on Christmas and assaulted his aunt checking on them. gently caress, he was mad his wife went upstairs to pack without turning the oven off. As if he wasn't standing right there in the loving kitchen himself.

He obviously thinks she can't complain about his job because she uses things he bought her. Which is everything, because he wants someone young and pretty to be a perfect little homemaker. And now he's mad his gently caress maid wants an actual relationship with him.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wife should find a job imo and then they should divorce. "Homemaker" is not a job in 2019, you aren't out milking cows all day.

Either you are a working stiff with 1 or more jobs who manages to do some chores at the end of the day, or you are a rich gently caress who just pays a servant to do it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

loquacius posted:

I threw a spatula at my aunt and yelled “gently caress off Luann this is a private issue!”

lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

Wife should find a job imo and then they should divorce. "Homemaker" is not a job in 2019, you aren't out milking cows all day.

Either you are a working stiff with 1 or more jobs who manages to do some chores at the end of the day, or you are a rich gently caress who just pays a servant to do it.

This is probably the best solution; new jobs all around and be prepared to cap it off with a divorce if you still can't patch things up

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

loquacius posted:

Yeah you need to quit your job, bud
Maybe if you spent less money on things like fake boobs you could have put away enough savings to downgrade to a less well paid but less horrible job [/BWM]

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Could also be at a place like UPS. They just dropped pensions, but only for new hires, and work like crazy this time of year.

Either way don't waste your life over a job.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

quote:

Maybe if you spent less money on things like fake boobs you could have put away enough savings to downgrade to a less well paid but less horrible job
no

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Bust Rodd posted:

I also feel like “shut up Lu Ann” is a buried lede that is supposed to clue us in to whatever movie or TV show this is from.

Yeah that was my takeway from the post too.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

My name is Ultiman, and I’m a real life superhero.

My life was destroyed by senseless crime. My home was broken into, my things were stolen, and it took me months to feel safe again. I won’t let that happen again, not to me and not to anybody else.

I got myself into pretty good shape, ordered anti-riot gear online, and designed a costume to strike fear into criminals. What do they fear most of all? Authority and laws. I am now Ultiman, ally to the police and nightmare to crime.

I live near a bad city, a lot of crime and not much accountability. Police are scared to do their jobs because the thugs sue them if things go bad. Too bad I’m not the law and can do whatever I want. Too bad for them, I mean.

Every day I look out the window and see crime. Mugging. Loitering and drug dealing. Smoking weed in public. Making the neighborhood unsafe. If I go deeper into the city I’m surrounded by criminals. I used to fear getting mugged, getting shivved on the street, or getting raped as “an example” to other white men. (All of these crimes have happened!) not anymore, now I’m ready.

Ultiman is here, he’s ready, and he will stop crime. We’re working to clean up the government’s swamp, time to get empowered and clean up the swamps around the country, too.

ok so it's like "what if Kick-rear end was a chud"

It'd probably be a decent satirical short story honestly; superheroes are pretty fascist. But you gotta figure out how to reconcile the police worship with the vigilantism; I feel like most of the time these types would just try to become cops rather than The Pro-Cop Superhero

quote:

Reading the r/relationships thread makes me want to go full ER. People who don't shower in six year relationships. People who don't wipe. People who ignore their partners for video games. Evidence suggest I am worse than all those people? Why? How?

I mean, I'm guessing you're mad that they can get dates and you can't?

This may shock you, but the ability to convince people to go on dates with you isn't the end-all be-all of your Worth As A Person and stuff like this should only serve as evidence of that. You get dates by talking to people and making a good, personable first impression (being physically attractive doesn't hurt either); at this stage in the game they have no way of knowing whether you play Too Many Video Games or not (assuming you have the ability to talk about at least one other thing). Plenty of stuff like this doesn't come out until (a) you're cohabitating with someone and (b) they're comfortable enough with you that they don't feel like they have to try very hard anymore. You have to go on, like, several dates already before either of these things can happen.

What I'm getting at is that whether you can get a date is actually not the best indicator of how good you are as a long-term partner and certainly not the best indicator of how good you are as a person in general, and honestly you should probably stop reading that thread.

Hell, I'm married and I have to stop reading that thread for long stretches at a time. It is not great for your mental health.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The answer to getting a date is always and has always been to lower your standards. Unless you are in the literal bottom tenth percentile in terms of looks, personality, and lifestyle choices, you can have a totally reasonable chance at dating someone at least as shlubby and charmless as you.

Although if you spend your life staring your monitor, browsing reddit and exclaiming "what do these pathetic losers have that i don't got!" then the problems may not be, er, um, immediately apparent to you.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

goon who can’t get a date: have you tried cutting your dick off? It’s a great conversation starter and shows the ladies a quiet intensity. Plus they know it means you’ll focus more on them in bed 😉

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
The only problem with the r/relationships thread is that it moves too fast to keep up with, unless you skip all the white noise posters, but in that case, what’s even the point.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Bust Rodd posted:

... the literal bottom tenth percentile in terms of looks, personality, and lifestyle choices...

Yeah but enough about goons

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

The answer to getting a date is always and has always been to lower your standards. Unless you are in the literal bottom tenth percentile in terms of looks, personality, and lifestyle choices, you can have a totally reasonable chance at dating someone at least as shlubby and charmless as you.

Although if you spend your life staring your monitor, browsing reddit and exclaiming "what do these pathetic losers have that i don't got!" then the problems may not be, er, um, immediately apparent to you.

The adage that "there's someone for everyone" is completely true, and not just in a sense of "ha ha uggos can only date other uggos" etc. No matter how you look and act, it's likely that there is someone out there who's into it. The dudes in r/relationships who don't wipe their rear end? They just need to meet up with scat wifey from the same thread so she can eat their poop.

Of course, there are appearances and behaviors that are statistically more popular with more people, such as having a good haircut and smelling nice and smiling and being able to talk about many different topics, so doing those things will increase your chances of success.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

The only problem with the r/relationships thread is that it moves too fast to keep up with, unless you skip all the white noise posters, but in that case, what’s even the point.

I just scroll through it with glazed eyes until I see something bold

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

For any given flaw you don't even have to find someone who's into it, you just have to find someone who either (a) doesn't care or (b) doesn't like it but places a relatively low priority on it compared to other things you bring to the relationship

Either way you do have to, y'know, bring something to the relationship, and it's both easier and healthier to just address your dang flaws

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HerStuddMuffin posted:

It's crazy how fast that thread moves

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also just go the gently caress outside. I met my current GF at the dog park, just letting my dog poo poo outside would have been easier, but I literally said "hey, maybe youll meet someone!" kind of half joking, and here we are, many months later, living together in sin, covered in puppies. I had a gross beard and wasnt eating well, but I had my dog and a guitar aned a bunch of tattoos, so I had substituted enough of a personality to trick her into liking me, and by the time she realized how lame I am, i realized how lame SHE was and now the pressure is off, and we can just be lame-Os smashing each other in peace.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wait there’s a been a rash of rapes on white men?

Have they ever considered maybe the way the dressed was the issue? Tights and cape is kinda sexy.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

Also just go the gently caress outside. I met my current GF at the dog park, just letting my dog poo poo outside would have been easier, but I literally said "hey, maybe youll meet someone!" kind of half joking, and here we are, many months later, living together in sin, covered in puppies. I had a gross beard and wasnt eating well, but I had my dog and a guitar aned a bunch of tattoos, so I had substituted enough of a personality to trick her into liking me, and by the time she realized how lame I am, i realized how lame SHE was and now the pressure is off, and we can just be lame-Os smashing each other in peace.

True love right here

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bust Rodd posted:

:3:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sagebrush posted:

dudes in r/relationships who don't wipe their rear end? They just need to meet up with scat wifey from the same thread so she can eat their poop.

sage advice right there.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it turns out most people sort of suck at life but some are also really nice to spend the rest of existence with

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug
Christmas marriage massacre goon, line up a new job and then quit the hell one. I say this as someone that has done the lovely but excellent paying job thing and coming out the otherside I can tell you some jobs are just not worth it. It's an amazing sense of relief that truly affects your mental outlook on life once you quit.

If you have on-going health concerns that's just another excellent reason to peace out, a lovely stressful job is incredibly corrosive to your health. I lost 15 lbs and dropped 10 point off my blood pressure in 6 month going from a stressful job to a lower paying but still engaging job. And two years later got a chill position that paid more than the hell job anyway based on having that experience.

Also, if your marriage is otherwise fine that's yet another reason. Your wife wants you to make this move and should be willing to deal with the consequences. While your relationship with her family will probably be rough for a bit, if you actually get a new job and ask for forgiveness it will probably patch up fine. Most people have at least some experience with a poo poo job and how much it can surprisingly bleed over into the rest of your life.

Start looking for a new job, hopefully based off the experience you have from your current one. Get something lined up and then make the jump. Tell your wife, start patching up your marriage if you want to keep it. No paycheck is worth losing your loved ones.

mkultra419 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 7, 2019

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Christmas massacre goon is obviously abusive as hell and I hope his wife gets herself out of that situation before he beats the poo poo out of her, assuming he hasn't already.

That was honestly painful to read. loving poo poo please get yourself some help.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

It's crazy how fast that thread moves

that snake av guy seems to post basically everything from the board and a bunch of them are just boring "i cheated/they cheated should i take them back" or regular stupid childish relationship squabbles

but it's worth it for the occasional truly amazing :psyduck: stories like "my wife wants to eat my poop" or "my sister bought my OCD husband a $1500 bacteria detector that always tests positive"

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 7, 2019

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

quote:

I am a ceremonial magician.

In the next couple of weeks I am going to perform magical rites, a ceremony called Assumption of the Godhead. I have chosen Anubis as I have created a sweet rear end Jackal mask out of cardboard. I'm going drop acid and perform the ritual on New Year's Eve to herald in 2019.

I believe 2019 will be the year we reach Omega Point, when time has speeded up to such a degree that it reaches a climax and begins to slow as we come down the "other side of the hill".

Goons look out for amazing lights in the sky on NYE to prove that my magical powers are real.
sounds legit to me

My de-anonymous confession is that I have a friend who totally believes he has magic powers and can control the weather and wind. He is legitimately afraid to "lose control" of his powers because when he does a hurricane happens. That's right, every terrible hurricane in the last 10 years was caused by a fat, gay, alcoholic who works in IT for some tech company.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

text me a vag pic posted:

My de-anonymous confession is that I have a friend who totally believes he has magic powers and can control the weather and wind. He is legitimately afraid to "lose control" of his powers because when he does a hurricane happens. That's right, every terrible hurricane in the last 10 years was caused by a fat, gay, alcoholic who works in IT for some tech company.

poo poo what's his name? He could be a major military asset - unless he is already... :tinfoil:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

I just scroll through it with glazed eyes until I see something bold

I swear on holy Pete I won't abuse this information.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

text me a vag pic posted:

sounds legit to me

[/quote]

I am not fat.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

I am not fat.
[/quote]

I don't work for a tech company.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its not the weather its the machines that control the weather todd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

hurricane sandy was created by a fat puerto rican nerd with a vicoden addiction. this is true fact.