Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Amethyst canonically enjoys peeing in the ocean.

This is getting weird.

I think I missed that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Zeruel posted:

I think I missed that episode.

Like a feeeeish

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
She also likes popping biscuits from her food tube.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm Peridot holed up in the bathroom getting hosed up on country music.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I have to wonder if every crystal gem had their own embarrassing human cultural artifact they latched onto instantly back when they knew next to nothing about humanity. Like, did the gems have to have an intervention for garnet when she discovered musicals? Was pearl physically attached to awkward paperback novels?

Probably not considering pearl was around when humans were cave people apparently but I'm pretty sure that every gem has their own camp pining hearts.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Has this been foreshadowing all along, or am I overreaching? I think Steven's doing the diamond salute in the second opening (diamond added to highlight the gesture; I think he can't do the full one because human wrists don't work that way)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wish this show wasn’t scheduled so terribly. I’ve been getting this weird fatigue watching these last couple episodes of like “MAN we get it gem society is weirdly strict and bad etc”, it feels like it’s been happening for so drat long now, but of course it’s only that it’s been about 3 episodes and that Legs has been available for several months. I dunno, hopefully I’ll feel differently once the special airs, but CN sure are good at making the buildup between the big events feel way more excruciating than it actually is

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Motherfucker posted:

I have to wonder if every crystal gem had their own embarrassing human cultural artifact they latched onto instantly back when they knew next to nothing about humanity. Like, did the gems have to have an intervention for garnet when she discovered musicals? Was pearl physically attached to awkward paperback novels?

Probably not considering pearl was around when humans were cave people apparently but I'm pretty sure that every gem has their own camp pining hearts.

Garnet got addicted pretty hardcore to that arcade game way back when.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think that was less "addiction" and more "feedback loop".

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/JoetheJohnston/status/1082211240892555264

for reference Adam Muto had been rebecca's first board partner on Adventure Time before he had gotten promoted to director, and then to showrunner

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lunar Suite posted:

Has this been foreshadowing all along, or am I overreaching? I think Steven's doing the diamond salute in the second opening (diamond added to highlight the gesture; I think he can't do the full one because human wrists don't work that way)

Uhh, how far back are wrists supposed to bend? I can do the diamond salute pretty easy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
SU really getting all the best AT alum huh. Shame Moynihan never joined

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

for reference Adam Muto had been rebecca's first board partner on Adventure Time before he had gotten promoted to director, and then to showrunner

ooh, very Monument Valley

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I get the impression that Blue Diamond might be the one Diamond that Steven could be on speaking terms with by the end of the whole mess.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get the impression that Blue Diamond might be the one Diamond that Steven could be on speaking terms with by the end of the whole mess.

Blue's as bad as the rest of them, just more passive-aggressively snide than outwardly domineering.

I almost hope if its anyone Steven reaches, its Yellow.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get the opposite feeling. She's very condescending and only cares about steven in so much as he's "Pink" and that makes her feel better. She's getting frustrated at Steven's form and friends and so on. That line "I'll take care of it, I'll take care of everything" as she looks down (...metaphorically) on him.

Yellow's also not really listening & her temper is awful with the lightning and so on and brushes a lot of things off but their sauna talk felt more personable. Also Yellow was the one trying to accommodate to pink "having trouble" recalling the past. Which is...nice? Kind of?

They're both terrible in different ways, and it's possible Blue's thoughts just before the ball are shared by Yellow. But if there's a breakthrough on anyone before the White confrontation it feels more Yellow than Blue.

That said I could see neither getting through until White is dealt with, where they both finally realize Steven is Steven, not Pink.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Yellow always comes off as harshly pragmatic, though. That could be a useful crack in the door.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Am I gonna have to play Monument Valley again after this episode? (Game good, by the way)

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Watch White end up being the most decent of the Diamonds, and her only problem is that she's completely nutso and in her own little la-la land as opposed to Blue and Yellow who are at least upfront about being condescending tyrants.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Either the Diamonds will come to terms that Steven is not Pink and whatever semblance they thought of Pink is now gone or go full denial mode. I'm all for Steven actually fixing things with words and kind actions, but I wouldn't be upset to find out that the Diamonds arn't the ones who can be "saved/reformed".

Idk, I'm really concerned about how watermelon Steven island is doing tbh.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Well, Yellow Diamond can't be all that bad...

https://twitter.com/Scouse_ma/status/1081898732050935808?s=19

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lunar Suite posted:

This wasn't subtle and was noticed immediately.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Either the Diamonds will come to terms that Steven is not Pink and whatever semblance they thought of Pink is now gone or go full denial mode. I'm all for Steven actually fixing things with words and kind actions, but I wouldn't be upset to find out that the Diamonds arn't the ones who can be "saved/reformed".

Idk, I'm really concerned about how watermelon Steven island is doing tbh.

In a total rear end-pull heel turn, Steven will get so mad that he turns Super Steven Rosé and unleashes the vengeance of the gods all over the diamonds.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Maybe coming up Lars will finally yell really loud and open a portal. Or maybe he has another power, I guess.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Given the nature of his fusions so far, I'd like to see Steven fusing with a large number of gems and becoming a fusion that's actually a little menacing, like Alexandrite but more of them.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Another entry in the vast and growing “Patti LuPone tells Donald Trump to gently caress off” video collection.

:allears:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I always like her confiscating the phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43mB4QuXGTE

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Time for sadness.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! This is better than I'd hoped for!!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Man, this new Melon Steven episode is...Well, it's something.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Steven made cults! Aww.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

D'awwwww, he's losing so many limbs!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The musical motif for the Watermelon Stevens is low key some of the best stuff on this show

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
I don't know what I was expecting, but it sure wasn't that. It was cute and clever and all but I still don't really know how to feel about it yet.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
That was absolutely the last revisit I was expecting during this arc, but it was very satisfying.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 8, 2019

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Poor watermelon. When he recovers his consciousness, he will be missing limbs and be far way from home... :(

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Captain Quack posted:

Poor watermelon. When he recovers his consciousness, he will be missing limbs and be far way from home... :(

And possibly lunch.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
you can really feel the Adam Muto influence.

also man I'm a loving sucker for "silent scene while a poignant song is sung over it"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well, that was a bit of a downer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They've evolved and have gotten off the island!

WE'RE DOOMED!