Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

Dude we have a bunch of never-worn baby shoes, and a 2 year old who simply refused to wear those pairs cause children are picky. All obtained through a baby shower that took place a year before he'd be big enough to wear them so no chance of returning them to the store, even if we had any idea where they were purchased

sorry for your lots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The last man on Earth sat alone with his rig.

There was a cop at the door...

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nessus posted:

The last man on Earth sat alone with his rig.

There was a cop at the door...

sounds plausible, cops arent people.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

shame on an IGA posted:

Why aren't you posting "baby shoes never worn" on craigslist rn

baby shoes, never worn. theres nothing wrong with em we just got too many!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
BTC has been boring for about 3 weeks. I have a feeling that soon it will be interesting again.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Oldstench, while walking through a park, stops abruptly. "My god" they mutter to themselves. "What is this? This, brilliant piece of engineering. It's. . . Sublime, yet bold, conservative yet playful. You! You, young man, what do they call that wrought iron contraption you sit atop?"
The child looks up from their videogame. "You mean the bench?"
"Bench!" Oldstench cracks a wry grin. "Bennnnch. It really sounds like what it is."

"What you got there, mister?", queries the girl.

He pauses for a moment, considering plots which might've employed this child as a spy, paid in food, to inquire. Exhausted and drawn to the child's innocence, the walls of secrecy melt for a moment.

"This, my darling, is a device. A device many men and many women have died to see, to understand, and to own. In many ways it is like one of your toys, but a toy for adults. This, darling, is a rig for crypto-currency mining."

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Waltzing Along posted:

BTC has been boring for about 3 weeks. I have a feeling that soon it will be interesting again.
Or maybe that dip honestly was the correction and it is at it's true monetary value as a way to buy sketchy products, which means BTC will be boring all the way until next year when McAfee eats his dick on YouTube.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Waltzing Along posted:

Literally What The HODL Community Believes.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

kuddles posted:

Or maybe that dip honestly was the correction and it is at it's true monetary value as a way to buy sketchy products, which means BTC will be boring all the way until next year when McAfee eats his dick on YouTube.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

kuddles posted:

true monetary value

:confused:

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Right-wing grifting and Bitcoin are like chocolate and peanut butter.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

baw posted:

He pauses for a moment, considering plots which might've employed this child as a spy, paid in food, to inquire. Exhausted and drawn to the child's innocence, the walls of secrecy melt for a moment.

"This, my darling, is a device. A device many men and many women have died to see, to understand, and to own. In many ways it is like one of your toys, but a toy for adults. This, darling, is a rig for crypto-currency mining."

the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus except the role of Heath Ledger needs to be recast after every price crash due to those guys continuing to off themselves in tragicomic methods.

- took a bath with a miner
- ate his lifetime supply of carfentanyl, now the entire building is contaminated
- fled to brazil, murdered by amazonian tribespeople pushed off their land by The Woundfucker Bolisero
- took a bath with a minor

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlexKoppelman/status/1081586148575797250

this book owns and i want it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh my god I need the amazon link for this.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Norton the First posted:

Right-wing grifting and Bitcoin are like chocolate and peanut butter.

Why is he sitting on the edge of a hotel bed? it looks like the beginning of one of those exploited college girls videos.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Why is he sitting on the edge of a hotel bed? it looks like the beginning of one of those exploited college girls videos.

Exploited bitcoin miners.

I’d probably watch that.

“Oh yeah how do you like that dirty fiat currency! Take it take it all!”

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I thought Shapiro smart enough to avoid crypto

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
The man is a professional grifter, I'm surprised he didn't jump on the Bitcoin train sooner

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm not actually sure which grift is griftier, Bitcoin or the brain pills he was already selling.

Like at least people will give you drugs for your bitcoins for some reason, which seems at least slightly more useful than magic beans?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
"what youve heard about bitcoin has been about the volatility or maybe youve heard about the enormous amounts of money people are making in it"
yeah ben thats pretty much the 2 camps on bitcoin

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

McGiggins posted:

(squints at screen)

...do people not realize he's reading an ad?

This is an ad.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
Details are vague right now but The Geek Group in Grand Rapids has been raided by four federal agencies and is out of business. Some sort of bitcoin situation was involved.
https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2018/12/education-technology-center-once-the-geek-group-shuts-down-for-good-after-raid.html

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bogatyr posted:

Details are vague right now but The Geek Group in Grand Rapids has been raided by four federal agencies and is out of business. Some sort of bitcoin situation was involved.
https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2018/12/education-technology-center-once-the-geek-group-shuts-down-for-good-after-raid.html

Man what???

quote:

What I can say is, that we simply cannot sustain operations anymore, with an accumulating debt load of about $20,000 a month,

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Man what???

I've been watching their youtube channel for years. You didn't have to watch for very long to get the feeling things didn't add up. You brush that off since you have such a small window on it. My guess is that the raid was primarily Bitcoin/taxes, the rest of the feds tagging along were there due to all the science related stuff they have laying around. Some sort of combination of abundance of caution and searching for more things to nail them on...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Other wonderful books by the same fellows who wrote blockchain for babies.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

orange juche posted:

Do these people expect these to accomplish anything for the bambinos or are they just gag gifts?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Nessus posted:

Do these people expect these to accomplish anything for the bambinos or are they just gag gifts?

People read news reports about how China's self-reported test scores are better than the US's and they go buy Multivariable Calculus For Babies and a set of Teach Yourself Mandarin CDs.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

orange juche posted:

That’s kinda cute :3:

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

baw posted:

Bravo on the deep cut.

this meme is 16 years old now.

God I feel old.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Babies for bitcoin!

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

orange juche posted:

Oh yeah, I've received a couple of these as gifts for my son and they are super cute.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

People read news reports about how China's self-reported test scores are better than the US's and they go buy Multivariable Calculus For Babies and a set of Teach Yourself Mandarin CDs.
Aren't our schools basically sixty percent "just fine, comparable to similarly-wealth countries" and forty percent "we decided not to spend money here, either to cut local property taxes or because the recipients would be black"?

Obviously the solution is bitcoin.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Nessus posted:

Aren't our schools basically sixty percent "just fine, comparable to similarly-wealth countries" and forty percent "we decided not to spend money here, either to cut local property taxes or because the recipients would be black"?

I dunno, I went to one of those "we actually get funding" schools and the experience probably hosed me up for the rest of my life. Our education system is extremely broken. If it weren't for the efforts of the teachers who actually gave a poo poo it would have been a complete hell.

I can't even imagine how much worse it must be at the underfunded schools.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mimesweeper posted:

I dunno, I went to one of those "we actually get funding" schools and the experience probably hosed me up for the rest of my life. Our education system is extremely broken. If it weren't for the efforts of the teachers who actually gave a poo poo it would have been a complete hell.

I can't even imagine how much worse it must be at the underfunded schools.
This is true, and not uncommon, but I think it's a separate track of an issue, though of course I don't know the details of your own negative experience.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nessus posted:

This is true, and not uncommon, but I think it's a separate track of an issue, though of course I don't know the details of your own negative experience.

Even good US schools dont teach you to learn, they teach you to have big numbers so they have a bigger budget to teach you to have big numbers to have a bigger budget to...

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I went to a well-funded school full of rich people and it was good, I was able to take so many AP classes that I entered college with 60 credits

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

McGiggins posted:

they wouldn't allow him to invest long in the stock market

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

feelix posted:

I went to a well-funded school full of rich people and it was good, I was able to take so many AP classes that I entered college with 60 credits

Jesus. Now I just think what the cost savings are for students who aren't so lucky. If your average debt load is 50k upon graduation you are looking at a 25k net savings in college spending

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Nessus posted:

It has to be pretty dismal when your talking point becomes that the top 10% of US students are competitive with the average students of other countries. It's a pretty dismal result, and especially bizarre considering the US spends significantly more per student.

And yes, the solution is clearly Bitcoin.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 9, 2019