Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

If any of you have finished the harrow quest, dont forget to go back to Iron Wake with 25 ducats for a decoration. I just found this out after going back a week after finishing the quest itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Can't wait to get my hands on the Prisma Vandal Wraith.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Johnny Joestar posted:

that's not even opening a can of worms as much as it's just posting something flagrantly wrong in a world where there's multiple primary rifles that serve the same purpose but have added functionality on top of it and don't have huge damage dropoff

Except they basically all have lovely gunfeel so If I'm gonna use any I'm gonna use the one that's laser accurate and silent and a crit machine, versus the otherwise indistinguishable pile of boring auto rifles. :shrug:

If Prisma Tetra was better and not a limited time item it might be the only other one I cared about because fun gimmick, but alas.

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

I have a kohm that's about half mastered with no potato, how should I build it so it's fun to rank up? I keep hearing it's one of the best weapons in the game but it's just hard for me to enjoy right now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Put a potato in. Load it with fire rate mods and your standard damage mods. Enjoy the hail of face melting fire

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the argonak and tiberon prime alone have great gunfeel and offer a multitude of ways to build them. i also really enjoy the prisma gorgon which i'm pretty sure sits at about the top of the heap for automatic rifles these days, especially when it comes to heavy crit. this is just 'basic' rifles alone, all of which don't have a medium range of damage falloff and a gimmick that's only useful for one mission type which is probably better served by a bow since those have innate punchthrough and can very easy nullify sentries and other forms of detection from a long ways off and possibly through the geometry. not that it invalidates the baza, which is unique in its collection of traits so far. having the option is always good.

the baza is a great gun but trying to classify it as the only automatic rifle that's worth it definitely misses out on the wide world of wonderful weaponry in warframe. i never thought i would enjoy it so much but the stubba feels so good to me to use as a secondary that i actively ignore super powerful + rivened sidearms i have just to use the thing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The main gimmick the Baza has for me is that every shot from a burst goes into their face if I had the dot on their face. The accuracy and lack of recoil is the selling point rather than the silence or whatevs.

Plenty of good auto rifles, though. It's just interesting to me for showing how much damage I didn't notice I was 'wasting' with other rifles due to missing from recoil/inaccuracy.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Got the itch again after a while away from the game (I think Titania was one of the last warframes to come out before I stopped) and gently caress I can't remember how to play and there's a bunch of new poo poo :corsair:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

the Baza's main gimmick is continual reloading. not even worth a potato imo. :colbert:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Night10194 posted:

The main gimmick the Baza has for me is that every shot from a burst goes into their face if I had the dot on their face. The accuracy and lack of recoil is the selling point rather than the silence or whatevs.

Plenty of good auto rifles, though. It's just interesting to me for showing how much damage I didn't notice I was 'wasting' with other rifles due to missing from recoil/inaccuracy.

It being silent means you can much more easily get the 8x damage multiplier, it's kinda important for non defense missions.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I love my Huras kubrow. His stealth is so goddamn clutch. If I get Khora and use my kubrow, will his stealth affect her Kavat as well? It seems like really good synergy.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Khora is extremely cool.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Thanks for all the archwing/jordas notes, i'll look into it. I've seen people farm Jordas for frame parts using the fluctus and it didn't seem too bad.
Plus, doesn't seem like i can get the Imp V without waiting for the event though, but it's good to keep in mind!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Khora is extremely cool.

Man, the parts not being tradeable is such a :smith: move by de

On a more upbeat note, been looking forward to this build for a while now! Thanks to everyone who helped with the (vaulted) relics cracking. :)

I dont even have regular chroma or mesa yet, so this is extra neat to look forward to

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 8, 2019

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Corpro alert up for the next 40ish minytes,come get one and pay it forward

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pipski posted:

the Baza's main gimmick is continual reloading. not even worth a potato imo. :colbert:

After multiple forma trying to love the Baza, this was my life. :negative:

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

The_Hatt posted:

I have a kohm that's about half mastered with no potato, how should I build it so it's fun to rank up? I keep hearing it's one of the best weapons in the game but it's just hard for me to enjoy right now.

Damage, multishot, elemental damage mods. If you're not getting the opportunity to shoot big clumps of enemies that live long enough for the spool-up to kick in, it's not going to be as impressive. The target dummies that people use to test and rank weapons work like that, which maybe skews its placement on lists. I think it needs a 120% status riven to really be in best weapon territory.

Hek is a good shotgun alternative for blasting through the star chart, especially with the Scattered Justice syndicate mod that you can ask for in clan chat.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Absolutely loving the Battacor right now, It's a great feeling weapon and the secondary fire is satisfying to let off. Having the ability to hybrid build, run triple elements and still have a sky high crit chance is nice.

The Ocucor is goofy, but I enjoy its gimmick immensly.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tentacles, the gun.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Pipski posted:

:agreed:

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Kokoro Wish posted:

Absolutely loving the Battacor right now, It's a great feeling weapon and the secondary fire is satisfying to let off. Having the ability to hybrid build, run triple elements and still have a sky high crit chance is nice.

The Ocucor is goofy, but I enjoy its gimmick immensly.

Can you post your Batta config? I've just put mine in the oven yesterday after spending 2 hours catching almost 400 fish in Fortuna. Really looking forward to it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

StashAugustine posted:

Hey, what's the easiest available automatic rifle that's worth slapping a catalyst on?

Baza and Soma. Soma has a prime version but vaulted. It depends whether you like the feel of one or the other.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

haldolium posted:

Can you post your Batta config? I've just put mine in the oven yesterday after spending 2 hours catching almost 400 fish in Fortuna. Really looking forward to it.

Note, I don't really calculate anything and just throw on what looks good. Other people can crit as they want for a better set-up. This is with two or three Forma in it:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Hey guys, thanks to (apparently not a goon in the forum-owning sense) CreoleMagick I now have some prime goat on the cooker. I'm so happy, it's my first prime and it's gonna be the best thing and...

What in the actual gently caress?!?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's not really much you can do for imp vandal right now. damage, multishot, crit, 4 elements. it's a very basic 3 forma build without many options aside from the element order.

Yeah I mean I'm sure with 4 elements all mathed out Imp Vandal is better, but I roll with swapping out two of those elements for Mag Extension and Fire Rate, and let me tell you that a fully sped up imp vandal with extra large magazine is just awesome. You are THE HEAVY from TF2.

I don't recall if a Goon gave me the multishot mod (Thanks kindly goon!) or if I stumbled on it, but it looks like I stumbled on a spare. Does anyone -really- like their archwing ground shooty gun and want multishot for it?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I just want the Phaedra to follow the Soma/Aksomati statline.

Also, I liked the Battacor and Ocucor so much, I gave my entire suite a Sentient/Eidolon themed makeover:

The Vetala shoulders look really good on Mesa Prime.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 8, 2019

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

BeAuMaN posted:

Yeah I mean I'm sure with 4 elements all mathed out Imp Vandal is better, but I roll with swapping out two of those elements for Mag Extension and Fire Rate, and let me tell you that a fully sped up imp vandal with extra large magazine is just awesome. You are THE HEAVY from TF2.

I don't recall if a Goon gave me the multishot mod (Thanks kindly goon!) or if I stumbled on it, but it looks like I stumbled on a spare. Does anyone -really- like their archwing ground shooty gun and want multishot for it?

I’d appreciate it, I’m trying to build my arch gun into a death machine, but seem to be missing a fair few mods, Multishot being one of them! It’s just hard to get hold of the mods for it.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Ludo Friend posted:

I’d appreciate it, I’m trying to build my arch gun into a death machine, but seem to be missing a fair few mods, Multishot being one of them! It’s just hard to get hold of the mods for it.

In game name, please. I'll try to get it to you over the next couple days. I'll toss in whatever else you're missing that I have dupes of.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Does the Dera Vandal count as an auto rifle because I just finished that and its extremely my poo poo

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Does the Dera Vandal count as an auto rifle because I just finished that and its extremely my poo poo

My friend, what you need is a Supra Vandal.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Kokoro Wish posted:

Note, I don't really calculate anything and just throw on what looks good. Other people can crit as they want for a better set-up. This is with two or three Forma in it:

I tend to do the same, since I paused WF for a long time I still am in the phase of wrapping my head around what mods to have and use or which even exist.
Thanks for the pic, actually helps a lot since I noticed I miss both malignant force and high voltage.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Sprechensiesexy posted:

My friend, what you need is a Supra Vandal.

Isn't that a windup gun? I hate windup guns

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

It's fun to use though since high firerate and it's enormous magazine mean you don't have to let go off the trigger.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Up the fire rate and you won't notice it spinning up.

StashAugustine posted:

Is the Limbo worth getting once you get the quest for it? It seemed a little above my power level and also requires a bunch of archwing bullshit

Limbowns

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

That's the Gorgon. The Supra is the Corpus energy weapon equivalent. It has great crit and status, and has a faction mod that basically gives you infinite energy.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mailer posted:

What in the actual gently caress?!?
Been cracking some nice radshares the last week and it actually took way longer to wait for all the nitain alerts to build those last missing parts than the parts themselves. v:v:v This is also the first time in the game i was close to being out of ocells.

Ive built and maxed the tiberon prime and it's probably more powerful, but the dera vandal going pew pew pew almost beats it out in my personal preference list.

I really need to try the supra vandal, but that's a 90p gun that hasn't been in my two baro selections yet. I hope it's better than my last two baro gun purchases (mara detron and twin gremlins) that were fun but didn't really click with me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Dera Vandal is one of those guns I wish was better because I like how it feels and looks so much.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Detron and dera variants are fun but they are so piddly.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 8, 2019

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Im glad I have a solid riven for the dera vandal because its such fun to shoot. It looks like youre shooting bullets out of a messed up laptop

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Johnny Joestar posted:

that's not even opening a can of worms as much as it's just posting something flagrantly wrong in a world where there's multiple primary rifles that serve the same purpose but have added functionality on top of it and don't have huge damage dropoff

there are no downsides to the baza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Berke Negri posted:

there are no downsides to the baza

The Baza's damage falloff is so minor and its base damage so god drat high that it might as well not exist.