Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

That poo poo is burned in my brain because loving :stonk: and dammit you will join me in my suffering.

quote:

If she werent my daughter I'd probably be dating her

Noone normal says something like that in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/IlvesToomas/status/1082476571401699329?s=19

What a weird thing to do

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

What, making GBS threads on allies for no reason?

Weird, you say?

:thunk:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Isn't this accurate? 50/50 chance this is the result of a clerical worker fixing what he thought was a typo.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

quote:

in an effort to try to reverse the protocol downgrade, EU diplomats reached out to the State Department but were ultimately told just before the Christmas holiday that the department stood by its decision, the EU official said. "But we have not received anything written."

I doubt someone goofed and they're just running with it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Jarmak posted:

The fact this poo poo is not only allowed but encouraged by mods is why I laugh whenever we get a page of back patting about this thread being better than d&d.

Trying to parse this and all I can tell is you're awfully mad about a dumb internet forum

This is GiP, people throw shade. Deal with it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EBB posted:

Trying to parse this and all I can tell is you're awfully mad about a dumb internet forum

Our dick art will block out the sun

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Noted funnyposter johnny five aces. Just joshin the bros.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Melthir posted:

Are those parrots loving or am I just that drunk?

No those are humans.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
So this is what having a stroke feels like:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1082484663216730113

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
:brainworms:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Kemper Boyd posted:

So this is what having a stroke feels like:

Ah, yes, we are in and providing help to the famously rich country of *checks notes* Afghanistan.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jarmak posted:

The fact this poo poo is not only allowed but encouraged by mods is why I laugh whenever we get a page of back patting about this thread being better than d&d.

:allears:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ah just another thing on the "What would benefit Russia more than us" pile.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1082596717445419010

Tell us more, guy who didn't read anything written by Barry Goldwater but called himself a Goldwater Republican up until very recently.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
AOC just scares old people and that's how you know she's doing a good job. 80% of the people making a big deal about fact thing that happened are mad about something completely unrelated and want other people to be mad at her

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

AOC just scares old people and that's how you know she's doing a good job. 80% of the people making a big deal about fact thing that happened are mad about something completely unrelated and want other people to be mad at her

It also happens ITT!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Centrist: look, AOC is really just one house rep out of 435, I don't know why people get so excited about her.

Also centrist: AOC MUST BE STOPPED AAAAAAGGHGHGH! I heard she did a typo!!!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Centrist: look, AOC is really just one house rep out of 435, I don't know why people get so excited about her.

Also centrist: AOC MUST BE STOPPED AAAAAAGGHGHGH! I heard she did a typo!!!

Max Boot wants everyone to forget that he spent years extolling the virtues of the Bush doctrine and only reversed course midway through 2017. He's basically the Italy of nevertrumpers.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

EBB posted:

Naw that wasn't throwing shade, that was some creepy bringing up old posts to try to police who is and isn't allowed to participate based on who they are in real life.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

tHe FAcT ThIS poo poo is nOt oNlY AlLOwEd bUt eNcOuRaGeD...

See this is throwing shade.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Jarmak posted:

luv ur forum tar bro

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jarmak posted:

Naw that wasn't throwing shade, that was some creepy bringing up old posts to try to police who is and isn't allowed to participate based on who they are in real life.

Hey, it worked to keep sky shark out.

I am not for a second equating psydude and sky shark.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Hey, it worked to keep sky shark out.

I am not for a second equating psydude and sky shark.

I think it's one thing for HCT to rib me for dumb poo poo I've posted while jet lagged, and another thing for someone to respond to a discussion that we're having by saying that I'm totally down with child concentration camps and muslim bans because of reasons that have nothing to do with either. In fact, it was you specifically that once chided me for suggesting that people's posting here reflects who they actually are.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

In fact, it was you specifically that once chided me for suggesting that people's posting here reflects who they actually are.

My memory isn’t good enough to recall what you are talking about.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

My memory isn’t good enough to recall what you are talking about.

It's not really important. But for AB to say he doesn't want GiP to be a FYAD lite but be totally cool with JohnnyFiveAces' personal snipes is a little hosed up.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Anyway, back to current events:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/us/politics/bolton-trump-syria.html

Bolton: We're totally pulling out of Syria immediately*

*once we finish the existing mission that could take years

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Erdogan has been funny to watch through this.

“Please leave.”
“Wait, not that fast!”
“Wait, now you’re staying?!”

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

luv ur forum tar bro

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

psydude posted:

Anyway, back to current events:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/us/politics/bolton-trump-syria.html

Bolton: We're totally pulling out of Syria immediately*

*once we finish the existing mission that could take years

Shout out to the dumbshits who were yelling about Rachel Maddow et al. saying Trump's announcement would cause some upset for the families of the deployed, specifically for this very loving reason.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Brain geniuses in the White House have apparently completely forgotten that Trump yelled about a mythical caravan crisis and got his rear end kicked in the midterms.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1082648642488537089?s=19

Yep, Democrats totally shaking scared that Trump is going to be able to sell a border crisis too. AOC probably gonna reply to a Trump tweet then they'll all turn into corn cobs.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So in the last day we hear Bolton saying we're not leaving Syria actually, the WH saying that nothing has changed from the President's last statement (immediate withdrawal), and Turkey so mad about it that Erdogan didn't meet with Bolton while he was there.

Pompeo is on his way over (is already over?) in other arab states to reassure them that we're going to support them and you just lost your wildly popular SecDef because the POTUS made a spur of the moment decision while on the phone with Erdogan that literally no one but him seemed to like.

What a loving goat rodeo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I bet that Afghan troop drawdown is going to be scheduled to take through like 2024, guaranteeing that any future president can reverse course.

That Works posted:

you just lost your wildly popular SecDef because the POTUS made a spur of the moment decision while on the phone with Erdogan that literally no one but him seemed to like.

This is the best part. Mattis was the only official left in the administration who had any sort of bipartisan respect or trust, and Trump pissed him away for nothing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1082657855621210113?s=21

Good job WaPo, go gently caress off.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Fister Roboto posted:

No those are humans.

:drat:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Russian lawyer in the Donald Trump Jr. Tower meeting, who TOTALLY WAS NOT A KREMLIN CUTOUT, just got charged with Obstruction of Justice by SDNY for... basically being a Kremlin cutout.

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1082664478704062464?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/paulszoldra/status/1082655773824610304?s=21

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
removing generals from the payroll is all part of trump’s plan to curtail excessive government spending, checkmate libs :smug:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Handsome Ralph posted:

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1082596717445419010

Tell us more, guy who didn't read anything written by Barry Goldwater but called himself a Goldwater Republican up until very recently.

He might be an anti-Trump conservative but everything he says is almost always comically terrible.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 8, 2019

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I like the take that AOC reminds him of Palin because Boot got horny for both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

quote:

Russian lawyer at heart of Trump Tower meeting charged with obstruction by New York prosecutors

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/vbawdd/russian-lawyer-at-heart-of-trump-tower-meeting-charged-with-obstruction-by-new-york-prosecutors

:thunk: