Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Biomute posted:

You stand in a designated area, usually facing some empty government building or symbol of state power, while speakers from participating groups recite some speeches. There is intermittant clapping, and sometimes some people take up a chant or two. You're surrounded by police, who generally have armored vans lined up and down the street to take anyone beliggerant away.

It's not very effective as a means of pressure, but it can help to build morale within the protesting group.

Please clap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

BioMe posted:

lmbo yes this property damage is way too violent, we have no choice but to sacrifice more civil rights in the face of this brutal onslaught

it's weird to think the tabooing of violence is the tool of protofascists

B-but think of the Porshes ! :ohdear:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

B-but think of the Porshes ! :ohdear:

Oh, we are. :getin: :piss:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Macron declares it's illegal to guillotine a god as he's lead up the gallows.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

unsure whether to hope that the french do La Terreur 2.0 or not

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tastykake posted:

Citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tastykake posted:

THERE were two “Reigns of Terror,” if we would but remember it and consider it; the one wrought murder in hot passion, the other in heartless cold blood; the one lasted mere months, the other had lasted a thousand years; the one inflicted death upon ten thousand persons, the other upon a hundred millions; but our shudders are all for the “horrors” of the minor Terror, the momentary Terror, so to speak; whereas, what is the horror of swift death by the axe, compared with lifelong death from hunger, cold, insult, cruelty, and heart-break? What is swift death by lightning compared with death by slow fire at the stake? A city cemetery could contain the coffins filled by that brief Terror which we have all been so diligently taught to shiver at and mourn over; but all France could hardly contain the coffins filled by that older and real Terror—that unspeakably bitter and awful Terror which none of us has been taught to see in its vastness or pity as it deserves.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

after intense deliberation i am now pro la terreur

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Star_Anise_H/status/1082420899658240000

new york is hell

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

looked up some reviews for the restaurant and lmao:

We ordered biscuits and gravy. The gravy was different but good. The biscuits were raw. We were able to scrape the outsides off but the rest of the biscuits weren't done at all. Raw dough. I told the waiter who said "okay" and walked off with the dishes to bring back the check. We weren't offered anything else or even a discount.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A_____________CHEESE
$15

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

got any sevens posted:

THERE were two “Reigns of Terror,” if we would but remember it and consider it; the one wrought murder in hot passion, the other in heartless cold blood; the one lasted mere months, the other had lasted a thousand years; the one inflicted death upon ten thousand persons, the other upon a hundred millions; but our shudders are all for the “horrors” of the minor Terror, the momentary Terror, so to speak; whereas, what is the horror of swift death by the axe, compared with lifelong death from hunger, cold, insult, cruelty, and heart-break? What is swift death by lightning compared with death by slow fire at the stake? A city cemetery could contain the coffins filled by that brief Terror which we have all been so diligently taught to shiver at and mourn over; but all France could hardly contain the coffins filled by that older and real Terror—that unspeakably bitter and awful Terror which none of us has been taught to see in its vastness or pity as it deserves.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

got any sevens posted:

source your quotes

seriously i wanna read more of this

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

source your quotes

seriously i wanna read more of this

Mark Twain, a Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court if I recall right

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agean90 posted:

yeah

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BLOOD LASAGNA

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

got any sevens posted:

BLOOD LASAGNA

Sweet breads / rosemary / BLOOD

I'm loving dying

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

It's kinda soul-crushing to realize 12 years of primary school and most of college taught me absolutely nothing relevant.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kobayashi posted:

It's kinda soul-crushing to realize 12 years of primary school and most of college taught me absolutely nothing relevant.

thats on purpose. they sanitized the curriculum decades ago.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the insane news stories you hear about some local mississippi board of education mandating that schoolbooks not say that the civil war was fought over slavery and instead that the slaves had it pretty good? thats not a recent trend

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah totally, but it still makes me angry.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if you think that that fast one they pulled about mark twain where every schoolkid reads huck finn and is told thats all thats important about mark twain wait till you hear about how what they did about the new testament

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 21:21 on Jan 8, 2019

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

j

got any sevens posted:

ils font la fête au mois d’juillet
en souv’nir d’une révolution
qui n’a jamais éliminé
la misère et l’exploitation

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Flowers For Algeria posted:

j

ils font la fête au mois d’juillet
en souv’nir d’une révolution
qui n’a jamais éliminé
la misère et l’exploitation

Renaud used to be good before he drank himself into being an has-been who sold out.

On-brand fate though.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

The French are so good guys.

It's insane how good the French are.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
i dont think you can actually physically do bank runs anymore

like sure a bunch of people making thousands of dollars of cash withdrawals will run the local concrete block out of cash. but banks don’t care about that anymore so theyll just lol if off

now if everyone liquidated their stocks and 401ks that would be perfect

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol

looked up some reviews for the restaurant and lmao:

We ordered biscuits and gravy. The gravy was different but good. The biscuits were raw. We were able to scrape the outsides off but the rest of the biscuits weren't done at all. Raw dough. I told the waiter who said "okay" and walked off with the dishes to bring back the check. We weren't offered anything else or even a discount.

i kind of appreciate the dedication to snobbery

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

i dont think you can actually physically do bank runs anymore

like sure a bunch of people making thousands of dollars of cash withdrawals will run the local concrete block out of cash. but banks don’t care about that anymore so theyll just lol if off

now if everyone liquidated their stocks and 401ks that would be perfect

have you seen how rich people panic at the slightest red number

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vitamin P posted:

drat that's creative. How are the French organizing? Public social media? Word of mouth? Do they still do those debate clubs like the Jacobins?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Kobayashi posted:

drat that's creative. How are the French organizing? Public social media? Word of mouth? Do they still do those debate clubs like the Jacobins?

Social media mainly, but there are a lot of boomers too so also word of mouth between affinity groups or the local rural group.

This song has been stuck in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBiHJxGxz1g

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

what flag is that?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Yinlock posted:

have you seen how rich people panic at the slightest red number

but a ‘bank run’ wont create a red number. banks dont work like that since it’s not the 1920s

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
are we sure they mean bank run in that traditional sense as opposed to just storming all the bank offices

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pizza Segregationist posted:

what flag is that?

The flag of brittany, lots of bretons in paris :breizh:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Moridin920 posted:

are we sure they mean bank run in that traditional sense as opposed to just storming all the bank offices

macrun's currently scurrying around pulling the keys out of all forklifts he can find

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the revolution will be twee

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vitamin P posted:

Social media mainly, but there are a lot of boomers too so also word of mouth between affinity groups or the local rural group.

This song has been stuck in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBiHJxGxz1g

Yeah sorry to disappoint but that song is full of fashy right wing bullshit

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jan 9, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Me and my white friends gonna sing about rotchschild and how may 68 was bad, also small business owners rules and europe drools !!

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 01:49 on Jan 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
At least may 68 made de gaulle quit you ungrateful pricks