Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

mdemone posted:

Wait, how the gently caress did Mueller get access to contemporary emails from Veselnitskaya to Russian contacts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

white sauce posted:

Thanks Obama

The importance of underlining the useless capitulation that Democrats have been guilty of can't be overstated if we want this, "No, gently caress you." push to continue.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Can someone go back to last night's pages and find all the people who posted how Pelosi and Schumer would SURELY not give the response because they knew better so we can shame them?

did anyone actually say this or are you just tilting at the usual windmills

Kale
May 14, 2010

JasonV posted:

The way things are going, once the boomers are gone and we're left with millenials as the old politicians, politicians are going to be like Twitch streamers: Online live all the time, pumping up their fans to get likes and "oh my god! Thanks for the donation!", and the person with the most attention at the end of the term gets to be elected.

It's already kind of getting like that. US Politics in 2019 already arguably boils down to two politicians that use twitter to "punch back" getting near constant coverage and focus.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/1082725737726124033

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ms Adequate posted:

Nah, prison gangs don't gently caress around, if you're not useful to them you're not getting their protection. Useful varies, but pasty middle class boys probably aren't rich enough for protection and sure as poo poo aren't hard enough to be an active useful gang member. White Nat prison gangs are probably more inclined towards ideology than most but even so, I doubt they're going to stick their necks out for these dipshit kids LARPing at what the 'real' members have been living for decades.

how many prisons have you been in exactly?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

did anyone actually say this or are you just tilting at the usual windmills

Nope they did, but I'm too lazy to go back and find the posts. Stuff like how Pelosi understands her strengths and weaknesses and while she is super good at some stuff is also super good at knowing what she shouldn't do so there's NOOO way she would deliver the response.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Out of curiosity who do people who think Pelosi and Schumer are bad choices to give the response want to do it, and why?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
for new page.

e: even prisions have a certain social order/norm you dont gently caress with, and some edgrlord going HH think that he has the 20/20 fallout stats to incite the start of the holy war is going to get beaten.

Like remember The Oregon Birdhouse Standoff? Some nerd was live streaming that and talking about THEMEMES and was still an outcast even though he was one of the last people left when the feds finally did something.( lol gently caress tarp dude, I hope even chuds have forgetten that piece of poo poo)

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The Super-Id posted:

Out of curiosity who do people who think Pelosi and Schumer are bad choices to give the response want to do it, and why?

Whoever they want to be the democratic nominee in 2020, because they want them to be the democratic nominee in 2020.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

my bony fealty posted:

Good stuff now let's get rid of the centrist-fetishizing Dem pols (Warner, Kaine, Northram, etc) and replace them with actual leftists

Lee Carter for Senator

You're never going to see the Democratic delegation be as across-the-board left-wing as some other places, partially because Northern Virginia is literally where the people with actual lanyards live, there's a huge military/defense contractor lobby, and there's still a lot of cronyism on the local levels, but a leftward movement is already happening and has been happening for the last ten to twenty years, as mayors and state legislators start getting chances to get elected statewide, which opens up room for new blood below, who can then move up themselves, et cetera. You're going to see progressives win the governorship, lieutenant governorship, and attorney general's office before the Senators, though, since they're more frequently elected and often vacated for various reasons. I doubt Kaine and Warner ever get replaced until they retire, but I dream of Governor Danica Roem one day.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1082719670678011904?s=19

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Tibalt posted:

Whoever they want to be the democratic nominee in 2020, because they want them to be the democratic nominee in 2020.

I very much doubt this would do much to boost anyone's chances as presidential candidate, especially if they were given the rebuttal for that purpose.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

how do people like chris cilliza face themselves in the mirror with this kind of poo poo

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

kidkissinger posted:

how do people like chris cilliza face themselves in the mirror with this kind of poo poo

:10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Uh that's clearly some manner of forest goblin, which is a Western European wetwork unit. The Russians utilize trolls, vodyanoi and houses with chicken legs for their black ops.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I learned everything I need to know about surviving in prison from watching Orange is the New Black.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Uh that's clearly some manner of forest goblin, which is a Western European wetwork unit. The Russians utilize trolls, vodyanoi and houses with chicken legs for their black ops.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Push El Burrito posted:

I learned everything I need to know about surviving in prison from watching Orange is the New Black.

I watched all the seasons of Oz.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1082733233199034375

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Super-Id posted:

They aren't Obama

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

It's the problem with relying too hard on polling data to decide which policies you want to back as a party. We talk a lot in this thread about how M4A is super popular and that's great and true, but it's also kind of problematic as an argument in its favor because it implies that M4A would somehow be bad policy if it wasn't popular. It wouldn't be. It would still be good policy even if it had 1% support.

Real progressives like AOC are getting a ton of attention because they actually advocate for things, which (shocking!) is how you convince people that your ideas are good. The Democratic party has been loving awful at this for the decade and a half that I've been heavily involved in politics. It's something that I see come up constantly at the national level and it's loving endemic at the ground level of local Democratic politics that I've personally been involved in.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Super-Id posted:

They have 0 charisma between the two of them....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

She listed them already in the same tweet

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Lol

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1082729499471593477?s=21

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Paradoxish posted:

It's the problem with relying too hard on polling data to decide which policies you want to back as a party. We talk a lot in this thread about how M4A is super popular and that's great and true, but it's also kind of problematic as an argument in its favor because it implies that M4A would somehow be bad policy if it wasn't popular. It wouldn't be. It would still be good policy even if it had 1% support.

100% correct :hai:

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Can someone go back to last night's pages and find all the people who posted how Pelosi and Schumer would SURELY not give the response because they knew better so we can shame them?

I can paraphrase the conversation including hits like "no one wants to see an old lady shake during a speech" and "part of being a leader is using different tools for different jobs" which is pretty silly considering Pelosi clearly understands her position as a constitutional equal and rebuttal to Donald Trump.

I think no one really wants to hear Schumer in this case, but maybe instead of his usual disappointed father routine he'll continue on with his surprising strong rebukes to the wall.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The Super-Id posted:

I very much doubt this would do much to boost anyone's chances as presidential candidate, especially if they were given the rebuttal for that purpose.
It would absolutely help someone's chances on the primary to be treated like the leader of the party, especially if you're trying to get donors and party officials to back you over an opponent who they might prefer but they don't think will win.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

white sauce posted:

one of them has imaginary republican friends whom he uses as his political compass

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1082734136044015618

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Gotta admit, I was unsure how this one would go in the new chud Supreme Court. I'm pleasantly surprised.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr_Moose posted:

Pelosi clearly understands her position as a constitutional equal and rebuttal to Donald Trump.

I think no one really wants to hear Schumer in this case, but maybe instead of his usual disappointed father routine he'll continue on with his surprising strong rebukes to the wall.

It's worthless to have a "constitutional equal" that has the charisma and personalty of an old, rich white lady that vacations in Hawaii.

It's like....wow..... what a clear distinction between the two of them you know?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Me: CRIMES CRIMES CRIMES

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1082734136044015618?s=19

E: damnit Rinkles

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1082735503210893313

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

As long as it's got hot sweaty tom cruise val kilmer volleyball clips, i'm down

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this idiot has a disabled kid and voted trump? jfc loving over your own kids to own the libs.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Even Roberts saw the evidence and was like "wew lad"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

As long as it's got hot sweaty tom cruise val kilmer volleyball clips, i'm down

it does, but it's modern Val Kilmer

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

They aren't Obama

white sauce posted:

This still doesn't answer who then. Obama is a great public speaker but I'm not sure it should be him. We should have someone currently serving respond.

Tibalt posted:

It would absolutely help someone's chances on the primary to be treated like the leader of the party, especially if you're trying to get donors and party officials to back you over an opponent who they might prefer but they don't think will win.

I kind of feel like this whole thing is already a blatant attempt from Trump to grab media attention and spin. I'm not sure trying to leverage it into any sort of win for democrats is a good play. I think the best thing is to point out the democrats are ready and willing to open the government and Trump is holding everyone hostage. This isn't about who is the leader of the democrats, it's about a response to Trump taking the country hostage and demanding a platform to spew more bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Did this whole loving country elect to start doing whippets and not tell me, or what? Because this is the kind of solution that could only have been concocted while laying on a stack of pallets in the back of a Cold Stone.