Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I hope that the late King Robert is resurrected and brings along the reanimated head of his best friend Ned as they bash their way south, whoring and fighting as only free zombies can.

They can reminisce about the times they had an active pulse and poo poo talk his illegitimate son about he died like a wuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

13Pandora13 posted:

I don't really think GoT should be held as a standard of "good development of a show over time" at this point.

I meant season 1 specifically. Although the plot was great until about the time Tyrion gets exiled and they ran out of book to adapt.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Season 1 was legit good. Cinematography, scenery, costumes, acting, score, fight choreography. Had it all. The plot stayed pretty close to the book with only minor tweaks. I watched the poo poo out of it and then read all the books.

Then the show got extremely fuckin bad. Around season 4 I suppose but really the signs were present before that.

IDK why they did Stannis like that.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 8, 2019

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
When did the capitol city get burned and the little guy inspire his army to get their assessment kicked? That's around when I stopped watching. When was the wedding thing, too. I think I saw that because I'd read the books and wanted to see how it played out on tv.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Then the show got extremely fuckin bad.

The show didn't get bad, it got dumb. The effects got better and the brains got worse.

I've often described it as someone who went in for plastic surgery and had a lobotomy on the side.

It used to be 'Smart poo poo, implied poo poo, shocking poo poo.' Now it's 'Dumb poo poo, dumb poo poo, loving AWESOME, dumb poo poo.' I mean there's no debate that the dragon attack scene last season was the single coolest motherfucking dragon attack scene ever put to film, even if everyone was acting like a drooling moron the whole season

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats posted:

I meant season 1 specifically. Although the plot was great until about the time Tyrion gets exiled and they ran out of book to adapt.

They could have adapted the Dorn stuff which I've heard about from the books and can say was legitimately cool as gently caress. Instead they gave us Xena Bad Pussy Princess

ED: Seriously what the flying gently caress happened there that whole plot was literally dumber and had worse choreography than a 90s Hercules episode, and that is in no way a joke

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What cool dragon fight? The only cool dragon scenes I remember were not in Westeros

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Who cares about special effects, I'd rather just watch a regular turd than a polished one.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sooooo... You like turds? I've got a show to recommend!

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Blazing Ownager posted:

They could have adapted the Dorn stuff which I've heard about from the books and can say was legitimately cool as gently caress. Instead they gave us Xena Bad Pussy Princess

ED: Seriously what the flying gently caress happened there that whole plot was literally dumber and had worse choreography than a 90s Hercules episode, and that is in no way a joke

There's not enough loving coke in the world to get them to put goddamn Dorkstar on the screen. You think bad pussy is cringey? Try "I am of the night" by some lame gently caress with streaks in his hair. They would've been better off to leave Dorne out of it entirely since the whole plot leads to Myrcella being scarred up by Dorkstar.

Actually the worst part of the stupid gently caress Dorne plot is it leading to Jaime being chill with Cersei blowing up the Sept with wildfire like he didn't loving stab the last person who tried that in the loving back.

Forget Stannis, the show hosed Jaime all up the second he arrives back in King's Landing.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Blazing Ownager posted:

Dorne in the books wasn't as much legitimately cool as it was a long stretch ranging from dumb to decent, with a capstone of wheelchair guy delivering a sick as hell speech about how he's a seething ball of rage beneath the surface who wants to murder everyone who ever crossed him and his family.

Instead of using good lines that were already written for them, they decided to shank the guy and replace him with Ellaria the wine-spilling child murderer, who might honestly be the least compelling character in the entire show.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

proof of concept posted:

I hope a giant steps on some more people.

I hope a giant steps on some more people

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I am excited to see what decadent baked goods Hot Pie has for us this season. Each pastry is better than the last!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can't wait for the season to start to read all the hot takes.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Here’s a hot take. Tits good

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only legit good moment in this series and in the books is Robert and Cercei relationship. It was loving hearbreaking how these people absolute hate each other so much that they stopped feeling anything. Those scenes where they where talking about how their relationship could never have worked was great tv

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

DoctorGonzo posted:

the only legit good moment in this series and in the books is Robert and Cercei relationship. It was loving hearbreaking how these people absolute hate each other so much that they stopped feeling anything. Those scenes where they where talking about how their relationship could never have worked was great tv

Oh back when characters had depth? Man those were the days.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the show was good when lancel was a dweeb and bad when he was a fuccboi

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just don't get why they even still had Dorne in there if they were going to cut Aegon anyway.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The show was good when there were boobs on screen. The rest of the time it is bad.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
At least the bad seasons still have Richard Dormer and his smooth, gravelly voice. Season 8 should have at least two good scenes, even if they decide to cut boobs from the show entirely.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

imagine how loving bad it smells in game of thrones

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

remember that explosion and the bell that wasted that lady, that owned

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Once the manga is finished GoT: Brotherhood will finally televise this story as it was meant to be

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

FuhrerHat posted:

imagine how loving bad it smells in game of thrones

everything that ever happened in the vincinity of horses smelled like poo poo, and peasants smelled even worse

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The show is good when a giant steps on some more people

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
i hope the only one that lives is dolorous edd

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sugar free jazz posted:

remember that explosion and the bell that wasted that lady, that owned

it was also funny when that dude jumped out the window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZNBZj2BKvU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so Melisandre is dead or what the gently caress. The entire dragonstone storyline was loving botched

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

ArmZ posted:

That was such a poorly acted and directed scene with no sense of gravity or emotion in what should have been a pivotal moment. I hope a giant gets loose on the set and steps on the showrunners

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ArmZ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZNBZj2BKvU

that was great i want more of that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Blazing Ownager posted:

The show didn't get bad, it got dumb. The effects got better and the brains got worse.

Sounds like you are describing the show getting bad.

I'd rather watch a show that was nothing but characters wearing burlap sacks sitting in dark rooms than the "awesome" high budget action scenes that are so poorly executed on every level that they are just groan inducing at this point.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0GwYWQNIoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX4e81L-J7s

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

The entire dragonstone storyline was loving botched

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
remember when ayaya had that parkour chase with that other chick. lol that was funny

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Demon Of The Fall posted:

remember when ayaya had that parkour chase with that other chick. lol that was funny

I remember when people were writing fantheories about how Arya was really the Waif and stabbed the Waif posing as Arya because how could the smartest character not named Lannister be so stupid as to walk around in broad daylight after betraying a global alliance of super assassins in their home city?

Nope turns out the writers are that dumb.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 8, 2019

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Away all Goats posted:

I remember when people were writing fantheories about how Arya was really the Waif and stabbed the Waif posing as Arya because how could the smartest character not named Lannister be so stupid as to walk around in broad daylight after betraying a global alliance of super assassins in their home city?

Nope turns out the writers are that dumb.

The whole thing about becoming other people was really stupid

I get it’s a fantasy show but ehhhhhhhhhh

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yeah but it got us fake sansas tits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Fake Sansa Best Sansa