Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
New champ looks dope, but I cannot wait to see the nightmare slew of bugs he is going to cause, especially if it involves mordekaiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I’ve only read the intro paragraph and I’m excited to play Young Marx

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh hey it's the villain from Korra season 3.

Literally the same plot beats even. Locked in prison for tons of years until he gets a special power, uses it to escape, tries to smash the monarchy etc. etc.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 8, 2019

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
well we already have a Toph-like with Taliyah.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ok I'm a Sylas main now

e: I don't care what role

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 8, 2019

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Camille is also Lin Beifong with scissor legs, they've been cribbing from Korra for a while now

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
turns out warchicken was a girl all along

https://clips.twitch.tv/InexpensiveUninterestedCiderPastaThat

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The Mash posted:

Look it's Camille E again.

The only interesting part of that character is the ultimate.

Nah it's not Camille E, there's no terrain usage. It's Amumu Q stapled to Riven E.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Obviously I'm going to play Spell-steal-san all day long, but I'm still disappointed by the mechanics overload. Dash, bandage toss, AA reset, silly double skill-shot...
"Hey, Rubick is a squishy ranged mage, let's make our spell-steal guy a melee bruiser... and then add literally every mechanic that Rubick doesn't have"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I can't believe it's taken them this long to put Rubick in the game but w/e, this champ looks loving fun as hell.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Dancer posted:

Obviously I'm going to play Spell-steal-san all day long, but I'm still disappointed by the mechanics overload. Dash, bandage toss, AA reset, silly double skill-shot...
"Hey, Rubick is a squishy ranged mage, let's make our spell-steal guy a melee bruiser... and then add literally every mechanic that Rubick doesn't have"

I think you mean bondage toss.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Get out

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

I think you mean bondage toss.

really excited to all chat "SEIZE THE CHAINS OF CORRUPTION" everytime I steal Varus ult.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I can't believe it's taken them this long to put Rubick in the game but w/e, this champ looks loving fun as hell.

Looking forward to Valve and Riot working together in the future. They give us Storm Spirit, we give them... Zac? Kindred (she seems like her ult would fit well in that game)?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Oh man I hope there are empowered versions of all his abilities for when he steals from the Donger.

Yasuo ult would look so silly lol.

Will each of his skins have a dragon/raven-demon/eagle model for Shyv/Swain/Quinn?

Dancer fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 8, 2019

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dancer posted:

Oh man I hope there are empowered versions of all his abilities for when he steals from the Donger.

Yasuo ult would look so silly lol.

Will each of his skins have a dragon/raven-demon/eagle model for Shyv/Swain/Quinn?

he steals Shyv ult in this video, it just looks purple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6tWvy3JvFI&t=66s

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

It'd be pretty funny if he tries his ult on Nidalee or Elise and gets trapped in their animal form

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

you turn into a cat with nidalee

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

So if you make a team that's Jayce, Udyr, Elise, Nidalee, and Karma is he completely screwed?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
cannot believe some guy in the lore team managed to sneak "Nothing to lose but my chains" onto the release page

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

duck trucker posted:

So if you make a team that's Jayce, Udyr, Elise, Nidalee, and Karma is he completely screwed?

There was chat about this in the discord. For form changers, he assumes that form and gains their abilities for a bit. People with charges (teemo, corki) he gets a set amount to use. 3 shrooms and 7 rockets iirc

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

cannot believe some guy in the lore team managed to sneak "Nothing to lose but my chains" onto the release page

he literally is Marx the champion

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
[boss storms into lore office] "reddit is FURIOUS at us for putting radical left wing slogans into this champion! Who is responsible"
[guy in a hoodie shakes his head]
[woman with blue hair and piercing shakes head]
[guy in Gritty t-shirt has enormous stack of Jacobin magazines fall out of his arms] "it was definitely not me"

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

duck trucker posted:

Idk about Jayce/Udyr but for Elise/Nidalee he turns into their shapeshifts and has access to their q, w and e spells. For Karma and Heimer after he casts R he can cast any Mantra or Upgrade!!! spell.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I hope when he steals someone's R it turns into his Я

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Hidden passive where all the minions on your team form a union

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
If Sylas gets too far ahead, Demacian special forces show up and murder him

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

If Sylas gets too far ahead, Demacian special forces show up and murder him

You joke, but this is the actual lore

quote:

As a mage born to a poor Demacian family, Sylas of Dregbourne was perhaps doomed from the start. Despite their low social standing, his parents were firm believers in their country’s ideals. So, when they discovered their son was “afflicted” with magical abilities, they convinced him to turn himself in to the kingdom’s mageseekers.
Through his work, Sylas began to notice that magic was far more prevalent than Demacia cared to admit. He could sense glimmers of hidden power even among the wealthy and prominent… some of whom were the most outspoken decriers of mages. But while the poor were punished for their afflictions, the elite seemed above the law, and this hypocrisy planted the first seeds of doubt in Sylas’ mind.
In exchange for Sylas’ knowledge of the control of magic, Lux educated him about the world outside his cell, and brought him whatever books he desired.
But she never visited Sylas again. Her family, the immensely powerful Crownguards, had learned of their contact, and were furious that Lux had broken the law to help this vile criminal. Without explanation, it was arranged for Sylas to be hanged.
He left the mageseeker compound not as an outcast, but as a new, defiant symbol of the broken and persecuted in Demacia. Traveling the kingdom in secret, he has amassed a following of exiled mages, all now aligned toward a common goal: to topple the throne, and demolish the oppressive system that has made them suffer for so long.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

You joke, but this is the actual lore

...I was just joking, you're right.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Statement to the Tribunal
Upon Being Convicted of Violating the Magic Act

I said then, and I say now, that while there is an iron league, I am in it, and while there is a toxic element, I am of it, and while there is a soul chat restricted, I cannot /all chat.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
the idea that there is like one Riot employee who designs champions and is extremely into the DSA is very good imo

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Riot Games... good? :aaaaa:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'm really excited to see if Neeko and this new dude get some pro play going when LCS starts again.

I feel like there's a lot of potential for some pretty sweet plays.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I'm really excited to see if Neeko and this new dude get some pro play going when LCS starts again.

I feel like there's a lot of potential for some pretty sweet plays.

As a minimum: Sylas can get two ultimate-tier skills per teamfight. That's not certain to be game-changing, but I'm sure there will be plenty of situations where it is.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Did no one post the 9.1 notes or did I miss it? https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-91-notes

quote:

This is a spicy buff to Vayne's mid- and late-game teamfighting for players who can train enemies down during Final Hour without getting bopped in the process. To the Vaynes of the world: Vaynespotting is still a thing, so be careful not to roll yourself into an early grave. At the same time, don't be skittish—if you Tumble without attacking, you're barely going to get anything from this buff.
My contribution to the world lives on :3:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

Did no one post the 9.1 notes or did I miss it? https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-91-notes

My contribution to the world lives on :3:

Much like really all good posting in general, all good League content was birthed here

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Sylas and Lux... friends?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Those are some spicey Ornn buffs, late game Ornn is going to give the carrys a extra stat spike for free instead of 1000g.

On top of that he gets a whole bunch of extra items to work with.

Youmuu's Wraithblade
ATTACK DAMAGE 55 ⇒ 75
LETHALITY 18 ⇒ 25

Luden's Pulse
ABILITY POWER 90 ⇒ 120
MANA 600 ⇒ 850

Frozen Fist
ARMOR 65 ⇒ 95
MANA 500 ⇒ 700

Might of the Ruined King
ATTACK DAMAGE 40 ⇒ 55
ATTACK SPEED 25% ⇒ 40%

Before it was only really viable to pick up these items at the extreme lategame, around the time your permanently chugging elixirs and thinking what you'll sell your boots to get, now that spike comes around 20-30 minutes and regardless of what point in the build your at, but it requires ornn to solo farm awhile longer before becoming a teamfight tank.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 8, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Ornn is under the radar and is basically one twitch stream away from being a banned forever champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

its cool that riot games made the new champion hyoubu kyousuke