Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The next Zelda should be what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time, except swap the groundhog day elements with another Bill Murray movie.

The Hero of [blank] is reborn this time as a fat orange cat that loves hylian lasagna, his owner, Zelda Arbuckle is a cartoonist and

Minish Cap esque take on Osmosis Jones.

the Blood Moons are replaced by Mondays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

That's not the point. People who go to Blizzcon are hardcore PC gamers. They do not play mobile games, so ending your event with a mobile game based on Diablo is understandably not going to sit well with a lot of people and I can't blame them.

I mean i'm sure they've learned their lesson now. I highly doubt anyone still has faith in a Blizzard that's clearly been infected with Activision's bullshit.

Counterpoint: who could possibly care, about any of this

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weedle posted:

Counterpoint: who could possibly care, about any of this

It was pretty funny so why not

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPbtUd5JOwY

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The way you unlock characters in Smash is really frustrating if you're terrible at the game

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

The way you unlock characters in Smash is really frustrating if you're terrible at the game

I thought they made it easy in the last patch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Just play world of light then

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Japanese developers are light-years ahead from American developers

Also lmao Skyrim is the Goofus to dragon's dogma's Gallant, there's no comparison

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Thread, encourage me to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while the New Year's sale is still happening. Especially views from people who had 8 for Wii U but didn't buy the DLC, and maybe thoughts from people who like Fast RMX more and wanna sway me.

i'm indecisive help me :smith:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Szmitten posted:

Thread, encourage me to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while the New Year's sale is still happening. Especially views from people who had 8 for Wii U but didn't buy the DLC, and maybe thoughts from people who like Fast RMX more and wanna sway me.

It's fun if you have friends but you don't unlock anything really so there's not much incentive to play single player.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Szmitten posted:

It's fun, it's beautiful, it's a great party game, the AI is just as challenging as actual people, online is stable, and until Eden Games re-releases Test Drive Unlimited 2 (they won't), or Crash Team Racing/Sonic All-Stars comes out, it's one of only five racing games worth buying on the console.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MK8 is real good, and the online play is also real good

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Szmitten posted:

MK8 was the first game I bought for my Switch and still is my favorite game on the system. I hadn't played the WiiU version, but I've put 100 hours into offline and another 40-50 into online. It's the only game for the system I've bought digitally (given the choice) and the only game I've "finished" that I would have regretted selling away once I was done. I liked it so much, I even did all the ghost races, which even as a MK nut I'd never bothered with in any previous game.

It is a nearly perfect thing, and the ability to play handheld means there's never a bad time to be playing Mario Kart. If you had only $60 to spend on video games between now and E3, I wouldn't hesitate a second in telling you to buy MK8 over literally any other combination of games you can spend that money on.

Fuckin' love Mario Kart.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Gripweed posted:

are challenger re-matches from the door easier than the initial battles? every time I've lost to one I beat them pretty easily when they become available there

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The next Zelda should be what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time, except swap the groundhog day elements with another Bill Murray movie.

The Hero of [blank] is reborn this time as a fat orange cat that loves hylian lasagna, his owner, Zelda Arbuckle is a cartoonist and

Minish Cap esque take on Osmosis Jones.

So Bowser’s Inside Story but Ganon???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mario Kart is by far the most reliably good game to break out in a group setting. Your less experienced friends might struggle to Smash a Bro, the Jacked Boxes require large groups, and you really need to schedule a Mario Party ahead of time, but everyone loves the Kart.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gey muckle mowser posted:

are challenger re-matches from the door easier than the initial battles? every time I've lost to one I beat them pretty easily when they become available there

It seems so! I didn't even know the door was a thing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't own Mario Kart, but I've possibly discovered something about myself that I'm not proud or happy about; since there are very few unlockables (just vehicle parts?), it makes me hesitate on it.

The 360 and more specifically the achievement system has caused me to feel this way, I think. :negative:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mario Kart 8 looks insanely good on handheld mode. It runs so well. It's probably the most fun game you can play if you want to throw something on quickly. Every switch should have one.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The golden parts are actual achievements, at least. Plus when you unlock them all, you can go all golden into online and eat poo poo for an hour then swap back to something you can actually compete with (and then continue eating poo poo because it's Mario Kart).

Hell, I might go home and play some Mario Kart.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So Bowser’s Inside Story but Ganon???

vore

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imagine if MK8 had a one-minute long unskippable cutscene every time you started the game :cry:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Gripweed posted:

It seems so! I didn't even know the door was a thing

yeah I'd be boned without it, a couple of the challengers like Bayonetta absolutely wrecked me the first time around

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I don't understand why the Earthbound children have so many magic powers. Is that what's the game is about, wizard kids?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They believe in make-believe.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4z82byt5mA

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will say, dont buy Mario Kart physically, in my opinion. Its such a pick up and play game that I mostly neglected it because I didnt want to dig the cart out and swap them all around. I sold my physical copy, bought it digitally and now I play it a lot more

The ability to pop in and out easily is awesome

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is an incredible game and I’d pay a lot to have more tracks added to it.

I have an insane amount of time in it and the original MK8 on Wii U. It still never gets boring to me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Gripweed posted:

I've never understood this attitude. There's a subset of players who, it seems, are remarkably resistent to the idea of getting better at fighting games/smash in a way you never see with, for instance, Celeste or other games that gate content behind challenges.

I wonder what it is that leads to this weird learned helplessness. Why buy a fighting game if you don't want to enjoy playing it?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Look, I like playing Smash competitively but it's not Street Fighter. For most people, it's a party game.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
People want to play with, and get good with, their favourite character(s), which they can't if it's locked.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Okay you talked me into MK :unsmith:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Elman posted:

Look, I like playing Smash competitively but it's not Street Fighter. For most people, it's a party game.

Jackbox is also a party game but just mashing constonants as answers for prompts won't get you laughs and no one expects it to. Knowing what buttons do and how the game works is all you need to beat the challengers.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Smash Ultimate is the best Street Fighter since 3rd Strike.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DoctorWhat posted:

I've never understood this attitude. There's a subset of players who, it seems, are remarkably resistent to the idea of getting better at fighting games/smash in a way you never see with, for instance, Celeste or other games that gate content behind challenges.

I wonder what it is that leads to this weird learned helplessness. Why buy a fighting game if you don't want to enjoy playing it?

It’s because if you try to look up anything about playing better, you’re basically instantly exposed to one of the worst video game communities to ever exist and for a lot of people that makes the idea of playing it “seriously” kind of unattractive.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Goddamn I love that transition into heavy synth. Is this track at all in ultimate?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Just wanted to say that as we wait for Nintendo announcement info, "insiders" like SuperMetalDave64 are incredibly annoying. They act as if they know everything that's about to happen and speak as such, but never really go on record so as to say anything. Then when the announcements eventually happen, it's "yep, I knew this was going to happen". It's very obnoxious, yet here I am, continuing to follow them as I await any kind of news. It's weird they have successful youtube channels where they peddle non-predictions and non-news. At least the crazy fake leaks are fun conversation.

SuperMetalDave64 spent like a week hyping up fanboy meltdowns over the imminent announcement of a portable PS4.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Szmitten posted:

Okay you talked me into MK :unsmith:

having had it on the wii u, Mario Kart 8 has some of the best dlc I've ever seen. all of the extra tracks are so delightful

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does Crystal Chronicles have any kind of launch window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone play the Octahedron - Transfixed Edition Demo? I liked it a whole lot more than I thought I would. Looking forward to it next week.