Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I haven't actually watched Trump speak in years, it's part of the reason why I can never leave this thread, because then I lose my filter so that I never have to be exposed directly to the man's mannerisms and speech

whenever his speech is added into a podcast I deeply resent it

he's loving disgusting op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i am not going to watch the speech, but I WILL get a summary from you guys.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

a helpful bear posted:

gently caress i dont know if i have enough booze for tonight's speech

I decided to hit the bar on my way home from work lol.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I haven't actually watched Trump speak in years, it's part of the reason why I can never leave this thread, because then I lose my filter so that I never have to be exposed directly to the man's mannerisms and speech

whenever his speech is added into a podcast I deeply resent it

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Solarin posted:

he's loving disgusting op

but with quarter pounders

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I do wonder what would happen if he rambles on for like 30 minutes. Would they eventually cut away?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Florida Man orders a cheesesteak at a flea market

quote:

According to investigators, Joseph Lagana, 27, was collared yesterday afternoon at the Gunn Highway Flea Market in Odessa

Lagana, who appeared “heavily intoxicated evidenced by slurred speech and loss of fine motor skills,” was arrested for disorderly intoxication, a misdemeanor. Lagana’s rap sheet includes a multitude of arrests for crimes like battery; burglary; criminal mischief; marijuana possession; probation violation; and grand theft.

He later denied ownership of three syringes removed from his rectum during a 4:30 AM strip search at the county jail. Joseph then claimed that he “found” the syringes and that "they were not his."

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

oh god himself?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

btw cana nyone summarize the major good points of "Tidying Up"? No joke. I think I could use some good tip-parinos. But I don't think watching a whole show about tidying up is very good for "unclearing my clutter"!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

there is zero loving way that donald j trump, the 45th and current president of the united states of america, given a national broadcast on all four networks and an audience of hundreds of millions, can only speak for 8 minutes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm watching the speech. It's gonna be the first Trump thing I watch since Helsinki

You have no idea what's about to be unleashed

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine posted:

Florida Man orders a cheesesteak at a flea market

why was he storing syringes in his rectum

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
even if trump declares a state of emergency the funding is going to get tied up in the courts instantly and he'll still have to sign a bill funding the government that doesn't have any wall money.
he'd have to go full power grab to get actual results, and that's not trump's style.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

eww gross AOC is going on maddow tonight

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Zyla posted:

all of you loving pieces of poo poo that are gonna skip ARE PRESIDENT addresing the nation make me fuckin sick

u post day and night in the EMBRACE OF HIS THREAD but u are too cowardly to directly expose yourself to the CHIEF

fuckin groks

I specifically use this thread as a prophylactic so I can know what Trump is saying and doing but don't have to actually expose myself to him on a regular basis.

Like, I love keeping up with the shenanigans but I've watched rallies and some of his stream of consciousness poo poo and it's just pure brainrot that I cannot put myself through anymore. I honestly think if Dems wanted a bold new effective TV/Radio ad strategy they would just play raw clips of random bits of Trump going off the cuff at any speaking engagement. It's loving harrowing.

I know he's got like 30 percent of the country on lock but I guarantee only like 10 percent expose themselves to his actual speaking. There's no way anyone but the most hardened CHUD can absorb that and continue to tell themselves and their friends what a cool awesome dude Trump is.

It's absolutely wild that enough of the country just ignores him that he can get away with being a completely dementia ridden fox news grandpa. If anyone heard a family member speaking the way he does they would be completely in the right to start looking for medical help.

It's very very bad.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

What time is the dumbshit supposed to go on?

Also this scenario is suddenly reminding me of that time when trump actually met Kim Jong Un in person at like 4am our time and I feel like I genuinely forgot for a while that that actually happened and now it feels more like a dream than reality

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

even if trump declares a state of emergency the funding is going to get tied up in the courts instantly and he'll still have to sign a bill funding the government that doesn't have any wall money.
he'd have to go full power grab to get actual results, and that's not trump's style.

exactly

the national emergency is a way for his aides to convince him to reopen the government without getting wall money

it's going to cuck him so hard he's going to be crying on twitter for two weeks about it

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm watching the speech. It's gonna be the first Trump thing I watch since Helsinki

You have no idea what's about to be unleashed

its going to be fun

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

That DICK! posted:

btw cana nyone summarize the major good points of "Tidying Up"? No joke. I think I could use some good tip-parinos. But I don't think watching a whole show about tidying up is very good for "unclearing my clutter"!

use stimulants

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Pelosi's not gonna give him the wall, SCOTUS isn't guaranteed to give him the wall, and those are the only two ways donald trump is getting the wall

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

haha it's R. Kelly's birthday today

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

there is zero loving way that donald j trump, the 45th and current president of the united states of america, given a national broadcast on all four networks and an audience of hundreds of millions, can only speak for 8 minutes

I think his people are probably hammering it into his head that the networks could theoretically cut away if he goes over, and there will be a giant countdown clock there for him to see, so my guess is he'll stick very close to teleprompter.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hey everybody, stfu for a sec.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

i hope she calls maddow a lib collaborator

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

you loving cowards cant put off eight minuetes of ur youlife for the piss master

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

I think his people are probably hammering it into his head that the networks could theoretically cut away if he goes over, and there will be a giant countdown clock there for him to see, so my guess is he'll stick very close to teleprompter.

counterpoint: he doesn't seem to have learned the president isn't god emperor

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zyla posted:

you loving cowards cant put off eight minuetes of ur youlife for the piss master

i will never obey Big Piss

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Solarin posted:

use stimulants

no no no this is not the sort of response i want. i want an honest and true and thorough point by point summary. sorry for being mean but come on now.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
who's gonna put the speed on nitecrew

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

I hope she owns the libs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Like, I love keeping up with the shenanigans but I've watched rallies and some of his stream of consciousness poo poo and it's just pure brainrot that I cannot put myself through anymore. I honestly think if Dems wanted a bold new effective TV/Radio ad strategy they would just play raw clips of random bits of Trump going off the cuff at any speaking engagement. It's loving harrowing.

the rallies aren't worth watching anymore and haven't been worth it since sometime in early 2017

he just says the same thing over and over and it's actively neurologically damaging

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Pomp posted:

In jail you have to either beat up the biggest guy there on your first day, or hide contraband for him. Maybe he was thinking ahead?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm gonna be out by a local lake with the local astronomy society looking at stars when the turmp talk happens

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

trop

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

smarxist posted:

powerfully 2019 news story

Cumshitter must have had quite the night.

Oh, that's fat.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cant wait to watch our dumbass prez poo poo his pants on live tv

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I specifically use this thread as a prophylactic so I can know what Trump is saying and doing but don't have to actually expose myself to him on a regular basis.

I know he's got like 30 percent of the country on lock but I guarantee only like 10 percent expose themselves to his actual speaking. There's no way anyone but the most hardened CHUD can absorb that and continue to tell themselves and their friends what a cool awesome dude Trump is.

It's absolutely wild that enough of the country just ignores him that he can get away with being a completely dementia ridden fox news grandpa. If anyone heard a family member speaking the way he does they would be completely in the right to start looking for medical help.

It's very very bad.

as long as it hurts their definition of undesirables they don't care who the white noise in chief is

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp posted:

Its nature's pocket

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

That DICK! posted:

basically if something you have doesnt make you immediately happy by its presence, fuckin trash or donate it. you dont need it.

no "im gonna use this or this might be nice some day", if you arent immediately acting on what it is, get rid of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That being said I think 8 or so minutes of Trump trying to be a big boy on live primetime is ripe for some real doozy moments and might just be worth taking one to the dome for.