Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
The Obama immigration speech that networks refused to air would have actually made news with significant Executive Orders being announced, Trump's was literally just a dozen of last week's tweets strung together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
AOC on Maddow now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
AOC is on

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPsbkrE9rmo

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

KillHour posted:

Is 'slats' a new sex thing? I hope it's a sex thing.

Like I said earlier, everything is somebody's fetish. Some lady married the Eiffel tower, after all, I see no reason slats couldn't be a sex thing.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Is Bernie's response streaming or posted anywhere?

e: nevermind :) ^^

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The problem with the Dem's strategy here is that Donny is incapable of understanding any of it.

They can try to woo him all they want with x-ray technology and drone technology and all the fancy poo poo that works incredibly and will be dirt cheap compared to the wall.

But this motherfucker right here? He has stated that he wants to go back to steam power multiple times. He is loving terrified of technology that is not his cell phone. His reptile brain only knows one fact: I run into wall, wall hurt me. Therefore it is the only thing that will work.

He will not compromise because he cannot compromise. He is incapable of digesting information in any meaningful way. He cannot learn about the things he's arguing.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Sanders also called him a liar who lies all the time, and refuted several common lies around this topic that Trump repeats a lot. It was p. decent.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It suddenly started raining in DC very heavily right after the addresses.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Campaign Fantasy is the name of my prog political rock band.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

CNN back to Manafort :golfclap:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Critical posted:

The problem with the Dem's strategy here is that Donny is incapable of understanding any of it.

They can try to woo him all they want with x-ray technology and drone technology and all the fancy poo poo that works incredibly and will be dirt cheap compared to the wall.

But this motherfucker right here? He has stated that he wants to go back to steam power multiple times. He is loving terrified of technology that is not his cell phone. His reptile brain only knows one fact: I run into wall, wall hurt me. Therefore it is the only thing that will work.

He will not compromise because he cannot compromise. He is incapable of digesting information in any meaningful way. He cannot learn about the things he's arguing.

so how much longer will this poo poo show last? another month.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

yea AOC's 'campaign fantasy' was a good line

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

I dont have cable, can anyone tell me whats going on with AOC and Maddow?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

this AOC interview is weakened by her constantly looking at her notes

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Critical posted:

They don't care about convincing him, you just need to pressure a few key senate members.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Critical posted:

I'm not sure if it's that or he really just wants another monument to his ego. An Ozymandian monument to his ego, so that he will be remembered after he strokes out.

Don't worry my dude, we will remember you. We'll never forget you. You loving monster.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1082824106163134464

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
CNN is both-sidesing it pretty well right now, so probably mission accomplished as far as Trump is concerned.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I like Maddow a lot more because she's not being a shithead to AOC.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Furnaceface posted:

So he is literally trying to pull a Duck Season Rabbit Season on the Dems?

Give or take. Its just the narrative lie the right has been pushing that the Democrats want a wall and have voted for a wall and they're only objecting based on politics and because Trump suggested it. So Trump took the logical leap of "if I call it something else/make it with something else will you agree?" Dems have clearly said "no" but Trump doesn't hear that word so he's just taking another logical leap to "But you ASKED me to change it!" They didn't. We know they didn't. He's a liar.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Oh gently caress. You think he's just trying to starve out the Department of Justice so the investigation stops? Like, it's not four dimensional chess or anything. It's probably the only thing on his mind. Stop the investigation. Stop the investigation. So he has an out. "The shutdown could go on for months or years." Long enough to stave off the Mueller report, he's hoping.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Petr posted:

CNN is both-sidesing it pretty well right now, so probably mission accomplished as far as Trump is concerned.

what?

they spent 10 minutes talking about he is a liar who lied and is losing this shutdown fight.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Critical posted:

MSNBC had a good analysis earlier, using his leaked phone conversation with Mexico as proof of him just screwing himself. The timeline with quotes:

a) Advisors tell him to use a wall in speeches because it sounds strong and hes too dumb to do much else. He does it.
b) It tracks well so now he does it over and over again so it's the center part of his campaign.
c) He gets elected, whoops, so now he has to figure out how to build the wall (his "Im kind of screwed, help me out Mexico" convo)
d) He knows that he'll lose numbers without the wall, so he has to pretend to get it done, or pretend that the Dems are the ones stopping it from getting built now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

this AOC interview is weakened by her constantly looking at her notes

She has to because she is the only politician on earth who is not allowed make human error

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Gatts posted:

I watched a little of Bernie at the end. Bernie's said to the effect uppity like he can that there are serious crisis such as Healthcare, Climate Change, Tuition, etc. and this manufactured crisis is bullshit.

Before that he mentioned the cruelty of the bullshit with DACA and of making undocumented people terrified every day. Whatever you think about Bernie, as a person or as a candidate, it is not difficult to understand why he is consistently the most popular democrat among Latinxs.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

redreader posted:

I like Maddow a lot more because she's not being a shithead to AOC.

Why would she?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm not sure if it's that or he really just wants another monument to his ego. An Ozymandian monument to his ego, so that he will be remembered after he strokes out.

Don't worry my dude, we will remember you. We'll never forget you. You loving monster.

this. its racism mixed with his ego needing some great building that will last after he dies.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
AOC is just spitting fire on Trump's kiddie concentration camps and icebox cells. :stare:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

friendbot2000 posted:

I dont have cable, can anyone tell me whats going on with AOC and Maddow?

AOC is spouting stats and calling Trump a racist over and over.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

AOC getting pretty pumped up talking on Maddow (audio) and it owns

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Catalyst-proof posted:

Oh gently caress. You think he's just trying to starve out the Department of Justice so the investigation stops? Like, it's not four dimensional chess or anything. It's probably the only thing on his mind. Stop the investigation. Stop the investigation. So he has an out. "The shutdown could go on for months or years." Long enough to stave off the Mueller report, he's hoping.

There would be populist riots wayyyy before that happened.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

nine-gear crow posted:

AOC on Maddow now.

Honestly this is the first time I'm hearing her speak. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she's not a super persuasive speaker. She's a little too eager and right-out-of-college naive. She's a little too forced and earnest.

OR am I just so cynical that this is what a politician should sound like and I'm jaded?

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
AOC is great. She definitely needs some experience in front of the lights but I think that’s not so crazy. Her message is solid and goddamn is she full of piss and vinegar.

It can’t be easy to get used to this kind of exposure so quickly.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
AOC going in

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

AOC owns.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Noise Complaint posted:

AOC is great. She definitely needs some experience in front of the lights but I think that’s not so crazy. Her message is solid and goddamn is she full of piss and vinegar.

yea I think her passion is strong but she has to focus some of her answers. she has a habit of getting lost in the weeds somewhat.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

what?

they spent 10 minutes talking about he is a liar who lied and is losing this shutdown fight.

And saying that Schumer did in fact support a wall-like object before, and repeating Trumps "crisis of the heart, crisis of the soul" as if it's some great presidential line.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

man gently caress chris cuomo

[url]https://twitter.com/jeremymbarr/status/1082824692233396226[/url

edit: https://twitter.com/ClaraJeffery/status/1082831274459492352

Tatsuta Age fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

that was a way better response than Pelosi/Shumer IMO

Maddow did good to just get out of her way and let her speechify. immigrants are great, more immigrants please.