Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Psion posted:

these are pretty nice!

if you want to hide the HUD, there's probably a mod for it but I just use the console. open console, tm, screenshot, tm, close console

bonus if you use tfc and fov commands to properly handle close up subjects/frame shots :v:

Ha! I have figured out how to turn the HUD off and have done it for my last few shots. Unfortunately I am not camera smart at all so I just really on moving my char for framing and hoping the lod with my enb preset takes care of the rest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Dalris Othaine posted:

If you want Worm Cult stuff, do Undeath.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6180

You'll have 99 problems but a lich ain't one because you are the lich and you make problems for other people you see

Isn't that mod utterly freaking broken? That's why I never used it in a real playthrough.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Bee posted:

I just noticed that there's no ASIS for the Special Edition. Is it possible to get spell and perk mods onto enemies anymore, or not really?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10859 ?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Got the urge for Skyrim after playing Morrowind for a week straight. Arthmoor is a gently caress who deleted the unofficial patch version that don't require me to buy the LE or DLCs. Is there a reupload of it somewhere or did the neurotic gently caress go around DMCA'ing all reuploads of it?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Fuzz posted:

gently caress you guys for making me look into Oblivion modding, since I never actually beat that game back in the day. :argh:

:evilbuddy:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I don't suppose there's any kind of SE version of the old Timing Is Everything mod that I'm somehow missing? Because I really miss being able to set the various Daedric quests (not to mention loving Dawnguard) to not start for a good long while.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

DrNutt posted:

Ha! I have figured out how to turn the HUD off and have done it for my last few shots. Unfortunately I am not camera smart at all so I just really on moving my char for framing and hoping the lod with my enb preset takes care of the rest!

tfc enables flycam and fov x changes your field of view where x is the number you want. if flycam is too fast or too slow you can speed it up with sucsm x, default value is 10, but that's more effort than I like to put into things

default fov is something like 65, i find going above fov 80-85 (for a wide landscape shot) gets a little weird but if you're doing a closeup of something it gets distorted unless you step down to fov <40

you can do some fun foreshortening tricks with a narrow FOV and a distant object behind a near one, but then you're faced with the problem that is distant LOD in skyrim so that's what depth of field is for. hide all that poo poo with blurriness. then you get into setting weather via weatherID :shepface:

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 8, 2019

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

That seems like it was a test port that was never fully fleshed out. Is it as unfinished as the mod description makes it sound?

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't suppose there's any kind of SE version of the old Timing Is Everything mod that I'm somehow missing? Because I really miss being able to set the various Daedric quests (not to mention loving Dawnguard) to not start for a good long while.

From a bit of googling it sounds like you should be able to port over the old version and have it work fine. Just need to open the ESP in Creation Kit and re-save (I haven't tried it personally but I'm midway through an SE setup and am going to add that in soon).

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any good mods for the Discerning made you would like to be able to go down Tireman a bar and single spell and actually have that do something more than holding down the right Mouse button for Flames fruit all eternity

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Addamere posted:

Are there any good mods for the Discerning made you would like to be able to go down Tireman a bar and single spell and actually have that do something more than holding down the right Mouse button for Flames fruit all eternity

Yeah

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dalris Othaine posted:

If you want Worm Cult stuff, do Undeath.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6180

You'll have 99 problems but a lich ain't one because you are the lich and you make problems for other people you see

I think the 99 problems would be the amount of bugs in the mod, but it would be generous to say that it's only 99. I'm waiting for the Classical Lichdom guy to finish what he's working on before I do Undeath again.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Finally got everything pretty much right where I want it with the modding and now I will actually play Skyrim. Took some more pictures for y'alls enjoyment.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
What are those ruin interior textures?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Caphi posted:

What are those ruin interior textures?

I believe those are from Skyrim HD but I have a ton of different texture replacers installed, pretty much all the stuff from tuco's guide.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

DrNutt posted:

I will actually play Skyrim.

What the gently caress.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

DrNutt posted:

Finally got everything pretty much right where I want it with the modding and now I will actually play Skyrim. Took some more pictures for y'alls enjoyment.

what the hell were you doing until then

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

dont be mean to me posted:

what the hell were you doing until then

Modding, starting games, tweaking the mods, loving something up, wiping and starting over again. I did it about three times before I got it just right.

I've never really gotten that into modding before so I found some stuff a little fiddly.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Frionnel posted:

What the gently caress.

I know right? I have friends on Steam who have over 1000 hours in Skyrim though. :stare:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Honestly I find the process of browsing for mods and putting together a load order to be almost more fun than the game itself. It's like shopping, but with more battleaxes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Rainuwastaken posted:

Honestly I find the process of browsing for mods and putting together a load order to be almost more fun than the game itself. It's like shopping, but with more battleaxes.

There's something addictive about finding new mods you like and seeing if you can add a few more without loving something up. I think I am pretty satisfied at this point given that the version of Skyrim I'm playing now practically looks like a game that came out last year. My only real complaint is the animation stuff going by the tuco guide seems pretty inconsistent and weird. I am seemingly incapable of putting my shield on my back with his particular fines setup, but I guess if I ever want to dual wield two swords it will look cool. :shrug:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrNutt posted:

There's something addictive about finding new mods you like and seeing if you can add a few more without loving something up. I think I am pretty satisfied at this point given that the version of Skyrim I'm playing now practically looks like a game that came out last year. My only real complaint is the animation stuff going by the tuco guide seems pretty inconsistent and weird. I am seemingly incapable of putting my shield on my back with his particular fines setup, but I guess if I ever want to dual wield two swords it will look cool. :shrug:

Flashbacks to Morrowind modding experience.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Addamere posted:

Flashbacks to Morrowind modding experience.

I did some Morrowind modding using the thread here as a rough guide and it looked really drat good even a few years ago. I am not really sure I can go back to Morrowind gameplay at this point though. Does anyone know if Skywind is still a thing potentially happening? I imagine with the Dragonborn DLC there's at least plenty of Morrowind-esque assets to work with.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

DrNutt posted:

Does anyone know if Skywind is still a thing potentially happening

Apparently so, I heard a release was planned for this year.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

How is the SE of Skyrim now? I know SKSE wasn't updated to work with it now but it's been ages. If memory serves I used SPERG and some combat mods that used the SKSE UI at the very least.

I'd like the increased stability that comes with SE, as that seems to be a general serious plus from moving to it over standard.

How is the ENB, or is there something different in its place?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've been using SKSE and SSE for a year or more probably. Most of what I used in LE is either ported over or has replacements (or can straight up be used with no modifications), but there are some out there that have been abandoned. SKSE SSE is an alpha or beta, but it still runs rock solid and people are modding for it.

It's overall a far more stable solution than I could ever get with LE, and anything I'm missing is pretty pale in comparison to the game running as well as it does now.

e: Anecdotally time to crash has went from about 30 minutes in LE to multiple hours, and since saving is basically instant (instead of the 10 to 15 seconds LE used to take) generous quicksaves and autosaves have made that a non issue.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 8, 2019

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Anecdotally speaking SE seems far more stable to me than when I made a few attempts at modding OG Skyrim, but I'm sure both releases have probably been refined and improved over the years. Don't really see any reason not to go with SE though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I held off on SSE because I'm picky about my mods and that and I like a setup I'm comfortable with. I eventually took the plunge and I will never go back to LE, the stability and performance is so insanely better it's almost like a well made game by a normal developer

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is frostfall/ineed still the go to survival mods of choice? I had to find an unofficial patch to bring Frostfall up to snuff but it seems to be about on par with what I remember it from with LE.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I used to spend so much time setting up my mods that it turned into the game for me and I never really got that far in actual Skyrim. It culminated in that house mod I made (thanks for putting it in the OP btw). I still kind of feel bad I burnt out of dealing with all of it before it was completely done w/r/t to some of the auto sorting details and small stuff.

Might try to get back on the horse with SSE and maybe make another pass at updating the house but I can't make any promises. It's one of those things that sounds a lot more intriguing in my head than it will trying to hamfist all the creation kit poo poo again, most of which I don't even remember how I got to work in the first place.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 8, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

CascadeBeta posted:

Is frostfall/ineed still the go to survival mods of choice? I had to find an unofficial patch to bring Frostfall up to snuff but it seems to be about on par with what I remember it from with LE.

I've historically used Realistic Needs and Diseases, but I think most of the other mods I use are compatible with both.

I haven't used iNeed because for some reason it was always incompatible with something random and cause excessive CTDs. Never figured that out so kinda gave up on it.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Leal posted:

Got the urge for Skyrim after playing Morrowind for a week straight. Arthmoor is a gently caress who deleted the unofficial patch version that don't require me to buy the LE or DLCs. Is there a reupload of it somewhere or did the neurotic gently caress go around DMCA'ing all reuploads of it?

Actually good on him and all mod authors for not being enablers anymore. It clutters up the files sections and gives mod authors more work. Its been 7 years, just get the DLC already.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I've realized that Skyrim Omega solves my problem, since the combat mods includes lead to enemies having Ordinator and Apocalypse compatability. However, the presence of unleveled encounter zones in that package leaves me with another question:

Is there any way to make those work with Live Another Life? Because I imagine that'll leave a lot of previously viable alternate starts in a perfect position to kill me dead.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 9, 2019

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Leal posted:

Midig posted:

Actually good on him and all mod authors for not being enablers anymore. It clutters up the files sections and gives mod authors more work. Its been 7 years, just get the DLC already.

Yeah that's like one of the few things I will ever agree with Arthmoor on.

The OP of the thread posted:

8. Not a rule, but seriously, buy the loving DLC already. Legendary Edition was around $10 last Steam sale. Most of the best mods, and the Unofficial Patch, require the DLC now. I'm not even going to mention when a mod requires the DLC, because it shouldn't be an issue. Just loving buy it, and don't whine to us if you don't want to buy it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i would be zero surprised if there's more than one rear end in a top hat on Morrowind Nexus still asking if dlc is required for a mod to work

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i will never buy tribunal because of the disservice it does to ALM, mother morrowind!!! cries lone douchebag in the wilderness

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

i would be zero surprised if there's more than one rear end in a top hat on Morrowind Nexus still asking if dlc is required for a mod to work

Not asking, incessantly suggesting to mod authors that they should make dlc-free version.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Berke Negri posted:

i will never buy tribunal because of the disservice it does to ALM, mother morrowind!!! cries lone douchebag in the wilderness

but how could he know unless he boguht and playedfit!!!

tribunal 4 lief tho realtalk

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah, both Morrowind DLCs were the poo poo.

... gently caress you assholes for making me want to go and reinstall Morrowind! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Got a hair question. Are there any hair mods that aren't anime/fetish bullshit? I like the kinda rough look of the vanilla hair textures, but I'd just like more variety of hairstyles for my bosmer. Actually, failing that, is there a way to reliably open up human hairstyles for elven characters (my favorite hair is that human lady style with two braid loops at the neckline)? I'm playing on SE and I do plan to try converting Race Plus, but failing that, if anyone has recommendations in the meantime, I'm all ears.

Edit: Oldgamechat:
Going back and replaying Oblivion last year made me really appreciate it a lot more, actually. Skyrim's obviously a more sophisticated and polished game, not just graphically but mechanically, but I really think Oblivion had a lot of fun writing...in literally everything but its main quest. I feel like more than a decade on, the guild quests especially really hold up well, particularly the Thieves Guild, but the daedric prince stuff is entertaining, too. It's a game with a lot of glaring flaws (some of which can be smoothed out with mods, lol Bethesda), but it's got a lot of charm to it, even if it doesn't manage to be half as weird as Morrowind. I remember being incredibly impressed with how lovely Skyrim looked and disappointed by how flat Skyrim "felt" as far as quests and characters went, but, hell, at the end of the day it's all buggy Bethesda messes, so....six of one, half a dozen of the other, I guess.

And ESO is actually a pretty good ES game at this point. Not just, as it started, a middling MMO (although I guess it technically is that), but a fun game in Tamriel with clever writing and a healthy appreciation for the essential weirdness of the IP's setting. Worth a look at least.

atomicgeek fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 9, 2019