Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I at least hope that the player's new character started at the same level as the old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

PMush Perfect posted:

I at least hope that the player's new character started at the same level as the old one.

Thankfully, Thaddius the Mage had a twin brother you’re just now learning of, the fantastically talented Laddius the Sorcerer, and he’s got some free time coming up

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Thankfully, Thaddius the Mage had a twin brother you’re just now learning of, the fantastically talented Laddius the Sorcerer, and he’s got some free time coming up

It'll be just like Snow ball II never died!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Question IRL posted:

You could also just say “there is a small rocky outcrop/island within flying distance. You could probably spend an unconmfortable night there but you could rest.”

And then a black dragon could attack, taunt the player, and teleport away to go torture the player's family! And then a helpful Imp appears to facilitate a Faustian bargain that results in the death of a quarter of all black dragons and uncounted thousands of others!

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Would it be okay if you called me Landfill?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is Rich Okay?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Kruller posted:

Would it be okay if you called me Landfill?

Oh, drat, now I want to rewatch that film.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

my dad posted:

Oh, drat, now I want to rewatch that film.

I've always wondered did that exact joke come from The Simpsons or did they both take it from somewhere else?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

DoctorTristan posted:

She was an epic level rogue, so it’s kind of natural to assume her design to protect Kraagor’s gate has some trickery afoot. Though she apparently built it to reflect Kraagor’s belief in physical might, so who knows.

The assumption is that the gate is behind one of the doors. What if the answer is to in fact clear every monster behind all of the doors? That would reflect a test of might far more than just getting lucky and clearing one hallway.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

"I try to lift gate"

Rolls, fails

"uh, I try to bend the bars of the gate"

Rolls, succeeds

"I AM THE STRONGEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED"

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

PMush Perfect posted:

At a higher level, surely. No one said that "strike the opponent down and you will attract the attention of their mentor/superior/sire" deal should only work for villains.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
when his pupil was struck down by dice and the ocean, the wizard school professor designed an epic ritual to destroy the concept of salt water

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
New One!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
a cleric doing their gooddamn job of spiritual guidance in D&D? This is just too unrealistic

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The real question now is if Belkar is fourth who is fifth?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day where Belkar and Durkon find some common ground.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Zore posted:

The real question now is if Belkar is fourth who is fifth?

My personal guess at the order? Roy, Haley, Elan, Belkar, V.

Durkon rates in order of common sense and rapport. He gets along very well with Roy, and they'd be a good team - they're both responsible, ethical planners with a splash of warmth and emotion where it counts. Haley's a little more erratic, but she's got a good head on her shoulders and he trusts her. Elan is just a bit too silly for Durkon to rely on him as a partner. Belkar is violent and unpredictable. V is aloof, phlegmatic, and also unpredictable but in a way more grand gesture, "suddenly does a huge, awful thing out of nowhere" way than Belkar.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day where Belkar and Durkon find some common ground.

I’m not convinced Durkon realized what Belkar was getting at, I have a hard time seeing him give a pass for evil acts just because Belkar’s at peace with himself, and read that as Durkon just being oblivious, but I could be completely off base.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think he absolutely got it. He's consciously playing to Belkar's machismo at the end there.

Durkon believes in redemption. He redeemed that vampire right into being a Durkon, after all.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Did the face-palming incident take place on-screen, because I don't remember it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, let's give the man some credit, he was there to see almost all of Belkar's recent growth, even if he wasn't "there" for it. He probably didn't catch on until panel 9, but he got there.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Android Blues posted:

My personal guess at the order? Roy, Haley, Elan, Belkar, V.

Durkon rates in order of common sense and rapport. He gets along very well with Roy, and they'd be a good team - they're both responsible, ethical planners with a splash of warmth and emotion where it counts. Haley's a little more erratic, but she's got a good head on her shoulders and he trusts her. Elan is just a bit too silly for Durkon to rely on him as a partner. Belkar is violent and unpredictable. V is aloof, phlegmatic, and also unpredictable but in a way more grand gesture, "suddenly does a huge, awful thing out of nowhere" way than Belkar.

V is also already married and we've seen how Durkon feels about adultery.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Incidentally, I've just realised the resolution of the Durkula arc reminds me a lot of the climax of one of the Discworld novels, Carpe Jugulum - Granny Weatherwax, a good witch, is bitten by the vampire antagonists and "turned", but channels her personality through her blood using magic such that they begin to take on her traits, and are unable to do evil as a result. Also they find themselves struck by an insatiable hunger for tea and biscuits.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cat Mattress posted:

Did the face-palming incident take place on-screen, because I don't remember it.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0682.html

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, they started the desert arc a decade ago.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Archyduchess posted:

I was gonna mention this, but I think they're officially divorced now, right? Or at least Inkyrius filed for divorce. Plus I imagine he gives the same amount of respect to Haley and Elan's committed relationship, but he clearly counts at least one of them as possibly marriageable.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I’m not convinced Durkon realized what Belkar was getting at, I have a hard time seeing him give a pass for evil acts just because Belkar’s at peace with himself, and read that as Durkon just being oblivious, but I could be completely off base.

Read it again. Durkon is saying the only reason people refuse to change is because it means recognizing how much damage you've caused. Belkar gets a pass because he's not at peace with himself, which he's straight up admitting in the only way he knows. Durkon very much gets what Belkar's saying, which is why he's humoring him in the last panel.

Cat Mattress posted:

Way back in the start of Book 5.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I don't think he's giving him a pass; I just think that they've found some common ground. Sort of, like, a step towards a positive, working relationship, but doesn't make it to "friends" or even necessarily "tolerates their poo poo." Just a small token of respect. I never expected even that much.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah, I think k it was in the beginning of the desert arc.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also, helping Belkar along now is probably good practice to get into for getting ready to work Redcloak over.

He'll definitely need that narrative talk with Elan as well, though.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Also, helping Belkar along now is probably good practice to get into for getting ready to work Redcloak over.

He'll definitely need that narrative talk with Elan as well, though.

The end of that conversation will be a throw away joke at the start of the next strip.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
wololo

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Geez it’s like Belkar WANTS to die

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ikanreed posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, they started the desert arc a decade ago.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Aaaaaaaaaah why are we screaming aaaaaaahhh

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
ayoyoyo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

An awareness of the terrifying onrush of linear time

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Archyduchess posted:

V is divorced now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

V got a summons for divorce, I don't think it's been completed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

V got a summons for divorce, I don't think it's been completed

V said that they wouldn’t contest it either, though, so odds are good it went through already off-screen.