Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

alnilam posted:

for instance i look at your posts and they often make me laugh

dont look too closely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

haljordan posted:

Wtf does "vets have choice and accountability" EVEN MEAN

Vets Choice program, a semi-privatization of the VA, where vets can take vouchers to buy private insurance instead of going through the VA.

Would you be shocked to learn that it's resulted in like 80% of the spending going straight to private profits and the end results are worse than before?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bearjew posted:

the chungus among us

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

why would you do adderall if youre rich, you can just get really good cocaine

heres some attempted trump logic for this:

adderall is a legal substance, cocaine is illegal.

if a doctor gives it to you it cant be bad

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

He’s going to reach his final form soon and become anime.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083001986331672580

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1082985587169247233

e: hell yeah I'm 100% on board with this program

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We need an opiate president next

President Community Spoon

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yinlock posted:

i have literal brain problems so i need adderall to function as a normal human being

I'm not sure what it's like to take it recreationally, or why you would want to

back in the day pro poker players used to take it as a performance enhancer so they could play 24 tables for 24 hours. trump uses it for the same reason but its to allow him to carry on half a conversation for 45 minutes

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

chungus?

chungme, chungyou

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/1083006308314505218

there's a handful of Mar A Lago idiots that have essentially been given free reign to run the VA even though they have zero actual authority and haven't been appointed to any official positions. Shockingly it turns out they're just looting it!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

declaring national emergency during SOTU will be much more fun and TRUMP :stoat:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I also love the implication here that your family being raped and murdered isn't really that bad as long as you're not paying for it with your tax money.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Gripweed posted:

The organizations that create lists of conservative judges to be nominated for positions by Republican presidents, like the Federalist Society

And Heritage Foundation about 3-4 blocks from the supreme courthouse

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1083009519503003648?s=21

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmfao TRUMP

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Forrest Management

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Yinlock posted:

i have literal brain problems so i need adderall to function as a normal human being

I'm not sure what it's like to take it recreationally, or why you would want to

It's speed.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Addamere posted:

If the defendant can be shown to have believed he was killing a lizard and not in fact a human, is that an insanity defense or a lack of mens rea?

A lizard that big would have to be covered under the endangered species act so clearly there was criminal intent.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

So can you give yourself a brain disorder by constantly reading insane conspiracy theories or are people with brain disorders just drawn to them?

Yea this is a classic psychotic break seen in schizophrenia. To answer your question, it's the latter...

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
when do the bacchanalia start *rubs hands together*

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Zyla posted:

heres some attempted trump logic for this:

adderall is a legal substance, cocaine is illegal.

if a doctor gives it to you it cant be bad

see oxy vs heroin

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Basebf555 posted:

It's Elvis syndrome. Cocaine is a street drug and therefore it's the scourge of society, whereas adderall is prescribed by your doctor, so it's totally good and normal. Nevermind that a rich person's doctor will basically prescribe them any medication they ask for in any amounts forever...

yeah but cocaine rules

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

the double-r forest :thunk:

most of the fires are happening on federal land because, surprise, the federal government owns poo poo loads of forest land in the west!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

back in the day pro poker players used to take it as a performance enhancer so they could play 24 tables for 24 hours. trump uses it for the same reason but its to allow him to carry on half a conversation for 45 minutes

it's true that adderall lets you forget about the concept of fatigue for 12 hours but afterward uhh you remember it pretty hard

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Chuds hate California and Trump knows it so he'll gently caress them any chance he gets.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

brugroffil posted:

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1082985587169247233

e: hell yeah I'm 100% on board with this program

pounded in the butt by your lawn care company

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lol

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

don't know exactly what this will means but expect more UK lmaos

https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1083007125096460289

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

A Handed Missus posted:

declaring national emergency during SOTU will be much more fun and TRUMP :stoat:

If the shutdown lasts until the 29th we are in for a wild ride, thats about double the current longest shutdown has been

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ZRahnama/status/1082629765440458752

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Forrest

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gattaca is already happening

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A leftist revolutionary

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

hes running

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmao TORB

CaptainComet
Aug 15, 2007
Chilling with my peeps and my main man the Monarch
https://twitter.com/Michael42683406/status/1082788967379070976?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lol that the federal government has degraded not just to a political spoils system re: appointments, but to a political spoils system for all government money and functions

piss baby is just going to refuse to spend any money on states/areas that didn't vote for him