Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1083069094067351552?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

pseudanonymous posted:

It goes on and on, just like the bible, about how you should kill those who do not believe
This is essentially indistinguishable from a post on the_donald, Freep, etc.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Helsing posted:

I don't know how you sustain this attitude unless the deaths of people outside American counts for literally nothing in your reckoning of Presidents.

The entire American establishment signed up for a war of choice fought on blatantly false pretenses and oversaw the build up of the bubble that popped in 2007/2008 and was as bad if not worse than Trump on the environment. Literally everything you list about Trump would apply even more strongly to Bush II. Post 9/11 America was absolutely a place where reality was turned upside.

:agreed: Bush (or at least his administration) was considerably more competent at being evil than Trump's has been. The fact that many Democrats have a favorable view of him today shows why he was so much worse than Trump: he was simply better at ruining poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there's a scene in the film jesus camp where they pray to a cardboard cutout of bush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg

post-911 america was like living in starship troopers. it's crazy how prescient the film was.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

heyitsamanda posted:

Organized religion deserves to be dunked on at every possible opportunity

This is the correct take

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

qkkl posted:

One time the Kale I bought, which was supposedly "Triple Washed" and USDA inspected, had some kind of small insect eggs on it. I have never bought greens from the grocery store since.

While this isn't peak whitness/privilege its reaaally high up there.

Wash your produce.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Taerkar posted:

You're really letting the Trump admin off thanks to their incompetence. A lot of the terribleness of Bush II was because Cheney was both an evil gently caress and highly competent.

Shouldn't that be the rubric by which we judge presidents and political leaders, though? I'm not really interested in divining their intentions. What should matter are the outcomes of their policies.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/RepDebHaaland/status/1082833997460324357

More really good messaging from the new Congressional Class.

Is there a word we can use to replace freshman? I hate using that term because it is kind of marginalizing and enforces the bullshit seniority structure our gov is built on.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Is McDonald's affected any by the FDA lack of inspections?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Bush got away with it and is being rehabilitated by Democrats and the media. That alone makes me madder than Trump's insane flailing.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/RepDebHaaland/status/1083029556221698048

Deb Haaland is going to preach some fire on the floor in a few minutes!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rip Testes posted:

Is McDonald's affected any by the FDA lack of inspections?

Why would they? They don't serve food.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's like if Bush and Trump go to a party together. Bush gets in a fight and shoots a guy, and Trump jumps up on the refreshment table and shits in the punch bowl. What Bush did is objectively worse, but at the same time Trump is the one I'm more ashamed to be associated with.

In any event, they're both poo poo and symptoms of the real problem, which is the intellectual rot that's taken hold of dumbass right wing voters and is being exploited by movement conservatives.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

TulliusCicero posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...d-a7676246.html

Wow! It's almost like you need the quote in context! And to actually cite where you got them from!

I'm done with this derail now, but those are straight extreme right wing talking points about Islam

Someone asked for verses, I gave them verses. I'm sorry you're an apologist for a murdering death cult.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/RepDebHaaland/status/1082833997460324357

More really good messaging from the new Congressional Class.

Is there a word we can use to replace freshman? I hate using that term because it is kind of marginalizing and enforces the bullshit seniority structure our gov is built on.

"New and Improved"?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

CmdrRiker posted:

"This isn't a valuable discussion but I'll participate and tell you that you're wrong" lol

I think you raise some good points. It makes me more inclined to believe they were awful for different reasons, but I think I'll standby with my previous assessment for now.
I see how that came across, the intent was that whatever ranking you choose to apply both Bush II and Trump have to be some of the worst presidents ever. Like legitimately approaching Buchanan. We can argue which one was worse but they're just both so far down the list it seems unnecessary.

Taerkar posted:

You're really letting the Trump admin off thanks to their incompetence. A lot of the terribleness of Bush II was because Cheney was both an evil gently caress and highly competent.
I agree with this though, due to circumstance and incompetence Trump has just not been able to cause as much damage as Bush II. However he still has 2-6 years so there's still time!

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

"New and Improved"?

I dig it.

HOLY poo poo! THERE IS SOME FIRE GOING DOWN IN THE HOUSE!
https://www.c-span.org/video/?456717-1/morning-hour&live

REP AL GREEN IS GOING AFTER TRUMP. Jesus, this is worth watching folks. He is outright saying if the children imprisoned at the border were white then the response would be different. gently caress YES!

"I believe that an unfit president out to be impeached."

HA Al got warned for the same thing Ayanna did

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 9, 2019

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

friendbot2000 posted:

REP AL GREEN IS GOING AFTER TRUMP. Jesus, this is worth watching folks.

Is he saying "lets stay together"?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

friendbot2000 posted:

I was told by my racist coworker that the reason Romaine lettuce was recalled is that immigrants poo poo in the fields when they pick it....there is no end to how far they will rationalize their racism.
Isn’t that the truth, though? The recall was due to e. coli. Only, the thing to be upset about isn’t “immigrants”, it’s the garbage capitalist system that exploits undocumented labor with long hours, no bathrooms, and pay so low that they really can’t afford to walk away from the produce and poo poo somewhere clean.

edit: or have any concern for cleanliness in general, gotta cut all those corners

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

This is an incredibly good read.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

pseudanonymous posted:

Someone asked for verses, I gave them verses. I'm sorry you're an apologist for a murdering death cult.

You seem totally uninterested in the meaning and context of your evidence. Do you expect to convince people of something?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Why wouldn't food inspection be considered essential and exempt from a shutdown?

Stupid.

Because "essential" means "essential to conservatives"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

friendbot2000 posted:

I dig it.

REP AL GREEN IS GOING AFTER TRUMP. Jesus, this is worth watching folks.

What's the timestamp? It's not happening right now anymore...

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

pseudanonymous posted:

Tell me how you really feel about Ihlan Omar wanting to wear a head scarf in Congress :allears:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

There is a certain strain of conventional political wisdom exploited by the likes of Bush. It prizes optics over action, appearances over reality. Bush was a soft-spoken president, a nice enough seeming man, and typically politically correct. Well-coiffed and gimlet-eyed, he resembled a screenwriter’s conception of an American president.

And he caused far more harm to the country and planet than Trump has so far, and maybe ever will. It was under Bush that America invaded Iraq, murdered hundreds of thousands of civilians, and destabilized the Middle East so thoroughly that it may take the entire 21st century to recover.

More than 4,000 American soldiers died. He stocked his cabinet with warmongering neoconservatives far more cunning and apocalyptic in outlook than any of the amateurs who populate Trump’s gang. These were men who dreamed of civilization-annihilating wars and found a president willing to transform their dreams into crackling reality.

The blood on Bush’s hands will never dry. Under the guise of spreading democracy, his administration brought suffering to the world and strangled civil liberties at home. The Patriot Act ushered in a dystopian national security state that was maintained by Obama and bequeathed to Trump. Bush’s economic policies, along with failures by Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, fed the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression.

Trump may be more bumbling and unseemly than Bush, but if he avoids waging war on such a horrific scale, he will have averted true catastrophe. Like John McCain, who never met a foreign conflict he didn’t want American troops to die in, Bush is one of those statesmen who has acquired a new shine in the age of Trump, welcoming to pundits in the context of such disorder.

Because of Trump’s chaos, there is a fetish these days for military men. Democrats hope the generals can stage a coup, restore order, and some stern-faced strongman with good table manners and an affinity for land wars can occupy the Oval Office. He will take chummy phone calls from Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney. He will dream anew of “nation-building”.

This is the world that gave rise to Bush’s presidency and nurtured his most heinous sins. Perhaps, in the months to come, Bush will emerge as a stiff-lipped anti-Trumper and CNN will cheer. That would be a good career move for him.

Anything to make people forget a presidency that truly ruined the country and world.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/20/george-w-bush-donald-trump-speech-blood-hands

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

AmiYumi posted:

Isn’t that the truth, though? The recall was due to e. coli. Only, the thing to be upset about isn’t “immigrants”, it’s the garbage capitalist system that exploits undocumented labor with long hours, no bathrooms, and pay so low that they really can’t afford to walk away from the produce and poo poo somewhere clean.

it's actually illegal to not have facilities for your workers, for precisely the reason that idiotic cost-cutting efforts like that result in e coli outbreaks

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Trump is probably a bigger monster than Bush II was, but Bush II was much more effective at loving up the world. For all the horrors we've witnessed, at least Trump hasn't ruined a foreign country and created a mess of instability that people are still dying over nearly two decades later.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Majorian posted:

Yeah I'm seeing them shuffling about the chambers with classical music playing over a vote tally on the live feed.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

friendbot2000 posted:

I dig it.

REP AL GREEN IS GOING AFTER TRUMP. Jesus, this is worth watching folks. He is outright saying if the children imprisoned at the border were white then the response would be different. gently caress YES!

"I believe that an unfit president out to be impeached."

HA Al got warned for the same thing Ayanna did

The new class of Congressmen should collect those "warnings" like trophies.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Majorian posted:

My bad, it was the beginning of the Morning Hour. Deb Haaland's link sent me to the non live event. Go watch it though, it is worth it! He is the first one up and I love him.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmfao

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1083060784727539712

gonna get his appointment cancelled

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

AmiYumi posted:

edit: or have any concern for cleanliness in general, gotta cut all those corners

You both missed why this is. Each Republican presidency we have this problem, and it's 100% due to "starving the best" and cutting inspections, inspections including testing and making sure runoff from cow pastures doesn't run down to lettuce fields, which was the case in the last romaine outbreak. "Streamlining regulations" is just code for letting farmers do whatever the gently caress they please and poison people through sheer incompetence and laziness.

Evidence:

https://www.gq.com/story/fda-policy-ecoli-romaine

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

friendbot2000 posted:

How about just "first term?"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Everyone stop talking about politics and pay attention to this thing my dog did.

You're welcome.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Well this puts Donny over a bit of a barrel.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Black was always the worst Stella

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Doubly funny because Don likes to say Mueller is Comey's best friend

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

The new class of Congressmen should collect those "warnings" like trophies.

Similar to how Irish Catholic Notre Dame students collected Klan robes as trophies when they beat the poo poo out of them. I love it and I hope they get a written warning that they can frame.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Donny sure knows how to pick em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Groovelord Neato posted:

you didn't have to take your shoes off, you didn't have to walk through a device that shows the agent your nude body, you didn't have to remove every laptop and device and put each in a separate container to go down the conveyor belt. you walked through a metal detector and put your carry on through a scanner.

Wait what. This isn't true at all. Did you fly before 9/11?

The only things new is nudey scanner and the inability to go to a gate unless you have a ticket, and the random searching. Also you can't bring terminal food or drink on the plane which sucks for short flights.

You really think they put all the metal detectors in every airport nearly overnight after 9/11?