Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:kazooieass:
This poll is closed.
COMFY 90 19.40%
CLASSY 31 6.68%
HORNY 157 33.84%
PEPSI 186 40.09%
Total: 464 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Primrose is great because she caps a motherfucker in cold blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotfivenine
Jan 5, 2019

I have no idea what I'm doing. I regret nothing.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Evil Badman posted:

I am greatly amused the Halo run went by without a Cortana avalanche.

From what I saw skimming what I missed

too busy talking about energy swords, and furries

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

This is the closest I'll come to running the vanilla game! Let's Play The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! (SSLP) [56k leaves the chest in Link's house and the boots were there]

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game and in fact one of my favorite games! Despite the randomizer joke in the description, this is the vanilla game.

Honoring a goon filename tradition. Let's begin!

I'm using the Japanese version because it's faster. Zelda has contacted Lunk telepathically to call for help as evil forces have taken over Hyrule Castle and moved her to the dungeon. At this point Lunk's uncle leaves to make an attempt to rescue her. We get out of bed to follow.

But first we open this chest, getting the lamp which will light up dark rooms and let us light up torches at close range in exchange for a small amount of magic meter. This will be necessary in a few spots later in the game.

It's raining, which is the only weather effect in the game, and it goes away after we clear this first section. There are NPC guards blocking us from going other places or entering the castle directly so we take a side path and drop down.

Unfortunately Lunk's uncle did not succeed in his mission and it's up to us now. He gives us his sword and shield, so we finally have the means to fight back against danger. We head out through the courtyard into the castle (no stealth minigame!) and into the back towards the dungeon.

There are some enemies on the way but they can be avoided easily. This is the first enemy that must be defeated as this guard drops a key to unlock this door. A couple rooms later there's a green guard that has to be defeated to open a door with another blue guard with a key. The chest in the second guard room also contains the blue boomerang which can stun enemies and retrieve items on the ground. Eventually we arrive at Zelda's cell. There's a tougher guard with a ball and chain weapon here. 8 sword swipes for the kill. It drops a big key, pictured below.

In most dungeons, the big key is required to open the door to the boss room, and every major dungeon has a big chest with a special item in it that requires the big keys. Unlike small keys the big key is not consumable so each dungeon only has 1. In this specific case there is no big chest or boss door, so the big key is just for zelda's cell.

At the moment I opened the door to Zelda's cell Lunk suddenly transformed before my eyes. I thought someone was playing a joke on me here with perhaps a sprite swap trigger but I couldn't keep playing as instead of the usual brief cutscene where Zelda explains what to do next.... well, I won't say it, and I certainly can't show it. Let's just say that's one hell of a way to credits warp! World Record?

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

im so glad she has such nice friends

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Crossposting from the Octopath thread:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Waffles Inc. posted:

nep you are a powerful and incredibly comfy and funny speedfriend i'm glad you're here!!

:same:

dotfivenine
Jan 5, 2019

Oh my god her hair and eyebrows are incredible.

Anti Alias
Oct 10, 2012

I will get my adorable paws on that Belmont dick and nothing you can do will stop me.

Comfy sweet boys. Not horny. No horny here, no sir.

Move along, officer.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

From what I saw skimming what I missed

too busy talking about energy swords, and furries

I'll have you know this is a christan speedtread now

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i guess i made this last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfYz8haEXWo

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

:kimchi:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ramos posted:

Primrose is great because she caps a motherfucker in cold blood.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Your Computer posted:

hello i got a bit of sleep i am awake now did i miss any good isabelle

We're only posting about Tressa now, actually.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

dotfivenine posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/360691378?t=15h32m3s
It's all on twitch right now, no youtubes yet.

Thanks! None of the upcoming runs interest me, so I figured I might as well catch up on the more interesting ones.

Or rather run, since I have no interest in Twilight Princess.

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

i will play octopath one day
im trying to rent it from a library lets see if it comes in

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Your Computer posted:

hello i got a bit of sleep i am awake now did i miss any good isabelle

hey hey YC

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Waffles Inc. posted:

imagining the game glitching so jesus reappears to the apostles after death in t-pose

got a good short sensible irl chuckle from that thought

"So now that we've clipped through the stone, we're OOB for the rest of the run. Because of the way the map is laid out, you can just push through this wall...and we're suddenly back in Jerusalem, in the Upper Room with our party. They're not going to notice me being here because everything's still on a timer before the next cutscene triggers, but we can go ahead and clip ourselves through Thomas. That allows us to bypass his sidequest later on."

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

dotfivenine
Jan 5, 2019

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Nep-Nep posted:

This is the closest I'll come to running the vanilla game! Let's Play The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! (SSLP) [56k leaves the chest in Link's house and the boots were there]

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game and in fact one of my favorite games! Despite the randomizer joke in the description, this is the vanilla game.

Honoring a goon filename tradition. Let's begin!

I'm using the Japanese version because it's faster. Zelda has contacted Lunk telepathically to call for help as evil forces have taken over Hyrule Castle and moved her to the dungeon. At this point Lunk's uncle leaves to make an attempt to rescue her. We get out of bed to follow.

But first we open this chest, getting the lamp which will light up dark rooms and let us light up torches at close range in exchange for a small amount of magic meter. This will be necessary in a few spots later in the game.

It's raining, which is the only weather effect in the game, and it goes away after we clear this first section. There are NPC guards blocking us from going other places or entering the castle directly so we take a side path and drop down.

Unfortunately Lunk's uncle did not succeed in his mission and it's up to us now. He gives us his sword and shield, so we finally have the means to fight back against danger. We head out through the courtyard into the castle (no stealth minigame!) and into the back towards the dungeon.

There are some enemies on the way but they can be avoided easily. This is the first enemy that must be defeated as this guard drops a key to unlock this door. A couple rooms later there's a green guard that has to be defeated to open a door with another blue guard with a key. The chest in the second guard room also contains the blue boomerang which can stun enemies and retrieve items on the ground. Eventually we arrive at Zelda's cell. There's a tougher guard with a ball and chain weapon here. 8 sword swipes for the kill. It drops a big key, pictured below.

In most dungeons, the big key is required to open the door to the boss room, and every major dungeon has a big chest with a special item in it that requires the big keys. Unlike small keys the big key is not consumable so each dungeon only has 1. In this specific case there is no big chest or boss door, so the big key is just for zelda's cell.

At the moment I opened the door to Zelda's cell Lunk suddenly transformed before my eyes. I thought someone was playing a joke on me here with perhaps a sprite swap trigger but I couldn't keep playing as instead of the usual brief cutscene where Zelda explains what to do next.... well, I won't say it, and I certainly can't show it. Let's just say that's one hell of a way to credits warp! World Record?

Are you archiving these anywhere?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Anti Alias
Oct 10, 2012

I will get my adorable paws on that Belmont dick and nothing you can do will stop me.

Kungmitsu
May 3, 2013

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

Run cancelled, Runner does not believe Tressa to be Best Girl.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

"So now that we've clipped through the stone, we're OOB for the rest of the run. Because of the way the map is laid out, you can just push through this wall...and we're suddenly back in Jerusalem, in the Upper Room with our party. They're not going to notice me being here because everything's still on a timer before the next cutscene triggers, but we can go ahead and clip ourselves through Thomas. That allows us to bypass his sidequest later on."

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Anti Alias posted:

Move along, officer.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

keep scrollin', we're gay

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Anti Alias posted:

Move along, officer.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xenothral posted:

We're only posting about Tressa now, actually.

very good

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Kungmitsu
May 3, 2013

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
crohn-o trigger

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I was going to make a creepy post but I stopped myself, I have learnt self control

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube