Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you actually destroy an angels armour, like w the nuclear bomb explosion, the shock of their sudden exit to the void often finishes them off (insofar as angels can be finished off)

what would happen if zoss tried to break a petrified angel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
He's Zoss. Whatever the gently caress he wants to happen.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
47 White Chain, Addled of Mind and Saddled of Moron.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

what would happen if zoss tried to break a petrified angel

Probably even if you could smash it you'd just force them to restart the reincarnation process again.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
So 69 Reciprocal Extension Of Grace is still potentially canon, but 420 Fragrant Smoke Of Burning Contraband is not...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

So 69 Reciprocal Extension Of Grace is still potentially canon, but 420 Fragrant Smoke Of Burning Contraband is not...

They only said that nobody had died more in defense of the city.

The dream is alive.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
420 Yes I Really Passed Out And Took A Bong Through The Face 419 Times

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its 420 blaze furiously without hesitation or remorse

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I thought it's 420 Devil's Lettuce Set Aflame to Ascend as Mist?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

MonsieurChoc posted:

My angel name is 1999 Why Do I Keep Dying
419 Burn Without Hesitation Or Remorse has the opposite problem.

Tollymain posted:

its 420 blaze furiously without hesitation or remorse
Isn't it inspiring when someone finally achieves their dreams?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Malpais Legate posted:

I thought it's 420 Devil's Lettuce Set Aflame to Ascend as Mist?

Yeah this is definitely the Truename of weed-angel.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Next week, it'll be 421 Always Look Both Ways Before Crossing The Street

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

420,000,000 Vaporized Every Day

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

420,420,421 Getting Real Tired Of This poo poo

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
That White Chain is recalling 2 Michael's instructions to kill Alison if needed at the same time as musing about how obeying and upholding the law is her duty and what makes her who she is... is worrying, and I wonder if she's training Alison mostly to be able to defeat her should to time come.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

That White Chain is recalling 2 Michael's instructions to kill Alison if needed at the same time as musing about how obeying and upholding the law is her duty and what makes her who she is... is worrying, and I wonder if she's training Alison mostly to be able to defeat her should to time come.
You know what, I bet it's even better than that. If she makes Alison strong enough to win against her, then she can try to kill Alison and fail. The True King keeps her stone, and White Chain just has to increase her number.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

PMush Perfect posted:

You know what, I bet it's even better than that. If she makes Alison strong enough to win against her, then she can try to kill Alison and fail. The True King keeps her stone, and White Chain just has to increase her number.

Oh, that's more or less what I meant.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I want this Angel to be their new frand. He/She looks amazing already.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Quick, Alice, quick! Stone 420,000,000,000 Demons!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well it's nice that at least some of the other angels like White Chain.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It'll be great if the plucky frequently reincarnated angel inspires a new concordance (by shaping the chisel of the NEW LAW)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GunnerJ posted:

White chain is definitely training Alison to beat her corporeal angel form. Its classic Kung Fu style. Hero has to defeat the tradition-bound master to ascend to the next level and be ready to defeat the true villain the master was protecting the hero from.

It's basically going to go like this

"You did it Allison, you punched the angel out of this terracotta warrior body."

"No, White Chain, you can't leave me!"

*white chain immediately possess an even radder body"

"No poo poo you can't. Let's karate up some nerds!"

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
So I definitely read it as Michael being #2. So rather, it's just Michael's only died once. Huh.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
was michael the youngest prime

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

CitizenKeen posted:

So I definitely read it as Michael being #2. So rather, it's just Michael's only died once. Huh.

To Zoss. When he came in and killed all of the prime angels.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tollymain posted:

was michael the youngest prime

We don't know, but he is definitely the only Prime Angel to reincarnate after being killed by Zoss: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-4/

(Metatron doesn't count because he wasn't killed, as we find out.)

White Chain IS one of the youngest angels, though.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
YISUN: "Your name will be White Chain Borns in Emptiness to Subdue Evil."

"Sweet name bro!"

"Aaaand you will be Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon."

"That is pretty badass!"

"And you will be...Michael."

"..."

"...Jeff?"

"Michael is okay."

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

My guess is the prime angels had those single-word names, with the long naming being a convention of the order of Concordance Knights that was established before the Universal war, which coincided with humans creating many new angels by forging bodies for them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Note that ancient names like Michael aren't just random phonemes that sounded cool. "2 Michael" could as well be called "2 Mysterious Identity of the Similarity to God". And for "1 Metatron" you could go with something like "1 Watcher Over Throne".

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Interesting possibility raised by this page:. Angels with low numbers might be cowards rather than badasses.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

413 You Were Warned About Stairs.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A.o.D. posted:

Interesting possibility raised by this page:. Angels with low numbers might be cowards rather than badasses.

I thought that was pretty clearly communicated in the comic...? White Chain is practically the only one left still upholding the law, which is why she has died so many times. Many other angels are just content to wait for non-existence in the void.

But that doesn't make Michael a coward. Being a prime angel, he's very, VERY powerful, and he's a leader and a teacher, not a footsoldier.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

They’re not cowards, they just don’t. care.

At best they think of humanity as a mutt that made a mess on the floor but is kinda cute so they don’t tie it in a bag and toss it off a bridge. At worst, well, you have the thorns.

They just don’t see much point in upholding the law when the gods are dead and there’s little to no direct consequence to them regardless.

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 10, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SardonicTyrant posted:

:golfclap:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

DarkCrawler posted:

YISUN: "Your name will be White Chain Borns in Emptiness to Subdue Evil."

"Sweet name bro!"

"Aaaand you will be Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon."

"That is pretty badass!"

"And you will be...Michael."

"..."

"...Jeff?"

"Michael is okay."

"And you will be Betrays Everything he Holds Dear."

"Aww fucknuggets."

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Oneiros posted:

They’re not cowards, they just don’t. care.

At best they think of humanity as a mutt that made a mess on the floor but is kinda cute so they don’t tie it in a bag and toss it off a bridge. At worst, well, you have the thorns.

They just don’t see much point in upholding the law when the gods are dead and there’s little to no direct consequence to them regardless.

There is the old law that Koss baked into them. Then there's the new compact they had with the demiurges. Many of the angels consider it to be broken, with their war. Considering their leader is one of them, well...

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My guess is the prime angels had those single-word names, with the long naming being a convention of the order of Concordance Knights that was established before the Universal war, which coincided with humans creating many new angels by forging bodies for them.

Since the religion and history is about the act of cutting and division, it’s probable all the angels are aspects of the prime angels and the primes will never reincarnate because their whole being doesn’t exist anymore.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cat Mattress posted:

Note that ancient names like Michael aren't just random phonemes that sounded cool. "2 Michael" could as well be called "2 Mysterious Identity of the Similarity to God". And for "1 Metatron" you could go with something like "1 Watcher Over Throne".

Metatron is a phoneme that sounds cool, though. Like, even divorced from its biblical source, it just sounds awesome.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

SardonicTyrant posted:

Now we're just getting into Culture ship name territory. I kinda dig it though.

104 Admonishes Evildoers With Gravitas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

can someone remind me where they lay out why angels are so insanely attached to the notion of being male? it's just because someone in charge said they were male and they're law robots who fetishize order right (and they're the opposite of devils that have quite fluid gender)