Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Also, new figure line announced: Gundam Universe

https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/1082853494401294337?s=19

Set at 3000 yen for 6 inch figures. And yet another Barbatos that isn't a master grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans: Urðr Hunt.

quote:

Both videos and games for the new franchise will be available in the app that you can get for FREE in Android and iOS devices, but there will be in app purchases as they announce them.

Interesting take on a spin off, I'm assuming it's going to be shorter episodes. Not-Barbatos looks pretty good, but hey I'm all for more models to buy.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking to sell/trade some Gunpla stuff: an HGIBO Flauros (selling or trading for a Vidar), MG Heavyarms painted in Endless Waltz colors with some cool bare metal detailing (selling or trading for any interesting offers), PG 00 Raiser built, panel lined, and flat topcoated, with some bare metal detail (selling/trading for interesting offers), and ArtFun FunCoating airbrush non-stick coating fluid that didn't quite work out for me, but maybe I screwed it up (selling preferably).

It's all in SA-Mart: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879242

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

Set at 3000 yen for 6 inch figures. And yet another Barbatos that isn't a master grade.

These look like they're going to be Gundam Fix Figuration but HG size rather than MG size.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Just bring back MSiA!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RillAkBea posted:

I can see why they're 3000 yen. Holy revoltech bubblegum Batman...

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

And so it begins…

https://p-bandai.jp/hobby/special-1000009826/

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

This just asks for a home country then shows different goods based on the selection. What exactly are you linking to?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Solkanar512 posted:

This just asks for a home country then shows different goods based on the selection. What exactly are you linking to?

P-Bandai MG Jegan D-Type

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

RillAkBea posted:

Full color reveal for HG Destiny

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1082822425237057536?s=19

Looks good, especially if those effect parts are in the box.

My edgy boy! Give him to me

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003

Solkanar512 posted:

Select a language, then click on the original link again.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

edit I'm dumb.

Jegan variations forever.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 10, 2019

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RillAkBea posted:

Why is the RX-78 holding the Strike Gundam's rifle?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I finished my thing.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I keep having the same conversation at events I attend, and I'm curious what the opinion looks like when it's answered by a larger group.

If you could force BanDai to PG one model, providing it's not much bigger than any PG currently in production, what would you choose?

For me, it's the Hyaku Shiki. I've always adored it's design, and it's V2 MG release is still one of my favourite kits ever.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Xaerael posted:

I keep having the same conversation at events I attend, and I'm curious what the opinion looks like when it's answered by a larger group.

If you could force BanDai to PG one model, providing it's not much bigger than any PG currently in production, what would you choose?

For me, it's the Hyaku Shiki. I've always adored it's design, and it's V2 MG release is still one of my favourite kits ever.

Neo Zeong, just for the hell of it. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUelB-OSneY

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 10, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xaerael posted:

Easy, G-Self. Think about how great the PG Exia with LEDs looked, now imagine a PG G-Self all lit up like that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Xaerael posted:

Hell, at that scale you could just make the drat thing's armor out of actual gold plates.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Xaerael posted:

Tryon 3. The ONLY choice. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Asshimar.

If a transformer is off the table, the RX-77D Mass Production Guncannon.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hell, at that scale you could just make the drat thing's armor out of actual gold plates.

That'll be the P-Bandai release

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Wildest dreams? PG Epyon. Forever the best Gundam.

Realistic? Nu Gundam ver Ka.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

PG transformer

I swear I can HEAR plastic creaking dangerously :stonklol:.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I swear I can HEAR plastic creaking dangerously :stonklol:.

There's a reason I gave a backup option. :v:

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

PG GP03S. Followed by a 1/60 Dendrobium I can drive to work

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Comedy option: PG Tristan.

Just because I want to see how badly Bandai would gently caress it up. How do you turn solid gold like an Alex Mk-II hybrid into something so poo poo?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Xaerael posted:

Barbatos Lupus Rex.

I know you can't really light it up (except for the eyes), but it would be neat if the base incorporated a few spot LEDs to light the model itself maybe.

Barring that, more models that are completely lit up like the Exia.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
A new Dom... any grade, just a new proper Dom.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Solkanar512 posted:

Barbatos Lupus Rex.

I know you can't really light it up (except for the eyes), but it would be neat if the base incorporated a few spot LEDs to light the model itself maybe.

Barring that, more models that are completely lit up like the Exia.

I'm not a huge fan of the Destiny, but if they could make the Wings of Light actually light up nicely, I'd totally be down for that. Extra points for the anti-ship sword lighting up as well.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

PG God gundam is the only correct choice.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Monaghan posted:

PG God gundam is the only correct choice.

This hand of mine is burning red and it’s all LED illuminated! It tells me to charge you an assload of money for me!

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
PG Nu seems inevitable sooner or later, but I figure we'll get a RG of that real soon now that there's a Sazabi.

I'd love anything that came with a bunch of dumb lights and gimmicks, and realistically they're never going to do anything that isn't a series-lead Gundam, but I kinda want something stupid like a Geara Doga or a Gelgoog, one of the UC grunt suits. I think seeing that PG Gouf that someone converted out of the Zaku II and entered into GBWC broke my brain.

EDIT: Actually, how has there not already been a PG Nu? It feels like a slam-dunk for Bandai, but somehow they skipped that when they were going down the timeline of UC hero suits. 0083 got a PG, there's gotta be a reason that Char's Counterattack didn't. Is it just too drat big?

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I would love a PG Jesta, as little as that might actually make use of the advantages of going PG.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

No Pg Nu keeps surprising me to this date.

PG Sinanju.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That Gobbo posted:

A new Dom... any grade, just a new proper Dom.

We'll hopefully get a Thunderbolt Sector Rick Dom someday.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ANAmal.net posted:

EDIT: Actually, how has there not already been a PG Nu? It feels like a slam-dunk for Bandai, but somehow they skipped that when they were going down the timeline of UC hero suits. 0083 got a PG, there's gotta be a reason that Char's Counterattack didn't. Is it just too drat big?

probably size. The Nu with the funnels attached would be gigantic.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Monaghan posted:

probably size. The Nu with the funnels attached would be gigantic.

The strike freedom with it's wings out is massive.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Azubah posted:

Yeah, and said wings are infamous for snapping off from their own weight.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Azubah posted:

The SF wings are also prone to snapping off by the peg and that problem only gets worse when it comes to the stability of the big rear end funnels.

I love the nu ver ka but those goddamn funnels are the worst. Maybe they had a hard time with the engineering of that stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The G-Self Perfect Pack would be pretty wild. Maybe the Turn X so you can give it a light-up chest and squeeze even more ludicrous detail into the Destruction Manipulator, like extendable grappling hook wires?

The Reborns Gundam is a complex enough design that it might benefit from PG scale, too, and it's be nice to see the Sinanju in its full glory with stickerless trim and a large, sturdy frame.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 10, 2019