Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
I don't know where the schad is, but it's here somewhere.

quote:

Here's one for ya - two presumably extremely horny people have been caught mid-sex romp in the middle of one of the busiest streets in Melbourne.

That's right, two people have been caught on Melbourne's Bourke St bumping uglies - rather vigorously too - right out of the front of Myer.
Link possibly :nws:
https://www.triplem.com.au/story/tw...Jiz7_so39WWunSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The gently caress is a CBD?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Central Business District?

What's a Myer?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Cock and Ball District

TUNAFISHING 87
Dec 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

gleebster posted:

What's a Myer?

A department store.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gleebster posted:

:lol: at that being a thing in a city. The first hit I got was "cannabidiol".

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Turtlicious posted:

its a meme from the incels board.

of all the sins for which I blame Tim Berners-Lee, incels having a place to come together and spread their stench is one of the top 10

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jerry Cotton posted:

:lol: at that being a thing in a city. The first hit I got was "cannabidiol".

Greater Melbourne has an area of almost 10,000 square kilometres, covers 31 municipalities and has a population of about five million people and inside that is the City of Melbourne of about 37 km2 and with a population of about 135,000 and inside that is the teensy little city centre which is roughly 1.6km x 0.8km which is also called Melbourne, so we nicknamed it The CBD so it wouldn't get confused with the two other Melbournes it's inside.

We're not good at naming things around here. :sweatdrop:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Greater Melbourne has an area of almost 10,000 square kilometres, covers 31 municipalities and has a population of about five million people and inside that is the City of Melbourne of about 37 km2 and with a population of about 135,000 and inside that is the teensy little city centre which is roughly 1.6km x 0.8km which is also called Melbourne, so we nicknamed it The CBD so it wouldn't get confused with the two other Melbournes it's inside.

So it's like greater london, london and the city of london.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

That's most defense Harden has played in his entire career.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gleebster posted:

What's a Myer?

Nothing, what's a Myer with you?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nothing, what's a Myer with you?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm gonna be the jerk and say I like bait cars because my street was having issues with car prowling, including ours being broken into numerous times, and then a bait car was dropped in and since then, we haven't had any break ins.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Log082 posted:

They definitely hosed up. They could have filed this publicly, but asked to be allowed to file it under seal. The judge agreed only if they released a redacted version.

Yeah, that's pretty common with judges. The usual reasoning is that you have to allow a case to be publicized if having access to the ruling and details would be important in the public study of law, and the most they'll do is allow you to submit a redacted version for approval. It's hard to think of a case where it would be allowed to remain fully sealed with nobody knowing what happened.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

DiggityDoink posted:

how the gently caress does rotten.com have the best legal advice on lotto winnings?

Oh man this brings back memories. Rotten Library was a real gem on that hellhole of a site. It was great reading if you're intrigued by conspiracies, but aren't a nazi.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

CBD is a normal term for "where all the tall office buildings are" across the english speaking world

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
downtown?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

ante posted:

They don't seem shamed at all, and frankly, it's a little offensive that you assume they don't have agency

If you believe that they're not being shamed then again, please explain from what in that photograph we are meant to derive schadenfreude. I just don't get the joke!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

luxury handset posted:

CBD is a normal term for "where all the tall office buildings are" across the english speaking world

CBD means cannabis here

There's the THC free poo poo that old people now take for joint medication and the regular CBD people vape

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

luxury handset posted:

Nope. Usually thats a 'downtown'.

CBD is the less fun part of weed.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_business_district

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

luxury handset posted:

Not in the US. Separated by a common language and all that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
never heard of a cbd before but then again i don't have good healthcare. I suppose id be willing to switch my terminology for some of that sweet doctor on patient action

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

Captain Monkey posted:

The term is more specific than 'downtown'. Every town has a downtown, but only large cities have a CBD. Some countries (like the US) are filled with 'cities' with a thousand people in them, so I forgive people for not knowing the difference, but if it's not 10+ story buildings, it's not remotely a CBD.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

RoastBeef posted:

Yes, it's used in the US very frequently.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

The term is more specific than 'downtown'. Every town has a downtown, but only large cities have a CBD. Some countries (like the US) are filled with 'cities' with a thousand people in them, so I forgive people for not knowing the difference, but if it's not 10+ story buildings, it's not remotely a CBD.

I've lived in large US cities my entire life and never heard the term. Its not frequently used here.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Besesoth posted:

If you believe that they're not being shamed then again, please explain from what in that photograph we are meant to derive schadenfreude. I just don't get the joke!

It was an immediate response to a joke about the morning after pill aka plan b. It was not being posted on its own as an example of schadenfreude

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

purple death ray posted:

It was an immediate response to a joke about the morning after pill aka plan b. It was not being posted on its own as an example of schadenfreude

Yes.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

SLOSifl posted:

Yes, it's used in the US very frequently.

Then not in the northeast, at least.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/PcTIqyx.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/dT6Ek4v.mp4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_4aO6kAleE

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

RoastBeef posted:

Then not in the northeast, at least.

Or the South.

Or the West coast.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

The platform in the gif are made train cars that are 8'6" wide; the ones in the YouTube video are spaced for 10' width cars.

:goonsay:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
or the midwest

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Yeah cbd is the part of weed that makes you stuck to a couch.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Shifty Nipples posted:

Yeah cbd is the part of weed that makes you stuck to a couch.

Couch Befixing Drug

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

purple death ray posted:

Ah! Thank you. :tipshat:

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

RoastBeef posted:

CBD is used in New Orleans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Central_Business_District

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
People willing to throw themselves into active danger with some vague hope they will just luck their way through are something. How can you not already know your own limitations? Like you've never in your life done a 10 foot long jump but today, you just say gently caress it I got this, but across a train platform instead of like on flat land.