Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Butterfly Valley posted:

If I'm playing okami on the TV should I use the joycons for motion control or stick with the pro pad

Motion controls don't add much to Okami imo, assuming they have the same functionality as the Wii version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Did we have the date before?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1083362827652468736?s=19

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nah, they've been dumping out release dates on Twitter since yesterday. They announced the new Yoshi game's release date the same way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wonderif nintrndo wil repet last year and drop teh durect inbeit minuts

Sure, why not.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Kurtofan posted:

lol zelda 2 and blaster master, are you kidding me

I know, can you believe it, not one but TWO great NES classics

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mercury Crusader posted:

I know, can you believe it, not one but TWO great NES classics

Their aren’t even two good nes games total.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Let's be honest, even once they start putting SNES games on this thing in 2020 it's still gonna suck until we finally get what we all want, GBA games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's also a third game but you'll need to download the famicom app

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Lotta good games on the Nintendo Entertainment System, the console that saved the home video game market.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

any 5 SNES games > entire NES library

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Alright I'm logged on and ready for the Direct, where is it?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I won't stop until they release Switch games on the Switch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mons Hubris posted:

Delayed because of the earthquake again. :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mons Hubris posted:

no direct

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They decided on giving news through twitter, the indirect route.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

SNES was okay but it didn't save console gaming. And in the 16-bit era, the SNES didn't have Blast Processing.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
There has never been a Direct, there will never be a Direct.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DLC Inc posted:

any 5 SNES games > entire NES library

Home Alone 2, Spider-Man and the X-Men, American Gladiators, Tecmo's Sword of the Stars, and Mega Man Soccer are not as good as Ice Climbers

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Gotta say, for a company that proclaimed they had software plans in place to make their 20 mil ship goal, a NSMBu port, radio silence in Feb and a new game as close to the end of the financial year as they can loving manage is a weird and very Nintendo way to try and accomplish that.

I mean, we could actually have some form of direct this month, but I remember the last year or two of the Wii U Nintendo, and we could actually just not hear about anything I guess, so I can only base this off what we know for reals.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Speaking of Genesis. You fuckers Hoodwinked me into buying the Megadrive collection. These games loving suck. I can't believe anyone preferred it to SNES. It's all garbage.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Turbografx was better than the Genesis

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I could probably play any one of those for linger than I put up with ice climber.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the one thing the Genesis did have was the best version of NHL '94 which to be fair is one of the best games of all time

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Putting FFX and FFXII out within like 2 weeks of each other seems odd.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The only reason the Genesis was interesting to me as a child was because it was the system other people had, so it held a mysterious quality like when a friend's family would use a different brand of OJ or toilet paper.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The only reason the Genesis was interesting to me as a child was because it was the system other people had, so it held a mysterious quality like when a friend's family would use a different brand of OJ or toilet paper.

I almost got my parents to buy me an NES in 1995 cause I was five and really wanted to play Duckhunt or some other light gun game. Thankfully my sister talked them out of it and we got an SNES instead.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Harlock posted:

They're probably using the same manufacturing facility to make both of them, and it's just the difference in expected time to crank them out sequentially. I don't think they expect anyone to be waiting at midnight for the release of a port of a remake of a game that is nearly 20 years old. They know that people that want to buy them will get them eventually.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Their aren’t even two good nes games total.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Speaking of Genesis. You fuckers Hoodwinked me into buying the Megadrive collection. These games loving suck. I can't believe anyone preferred it to SNES. It's all garbage.

Over There posted:

this loving thread lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s hilarious how correct I am yeah.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

when will nintendo release the games from the console all the fans want, Philips CD-i

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CYBEReris posted:

when will nintendo release the games from the console all the fans want, Philips CD-i

I can't wait to play Wand of Gamelon remastered.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Update on the WiiFit Boxing Trainer game, I'm loving shredded now. Best $42.58 I've ever spent.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

If I don't get to play Mario is Missing on this dead console I am going to kick off

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

There’s like 7 good games in that collection, play gunstar heroes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Where's the other Lolo games, I need my Lolo fix.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FFX/2 and 12 coming out in the same month is very dangerous for me.

I haven't played a JRPG in a while so my bullshit tolerance has never been higher.
It's possible that I will have a long international trip a few weeks after so my in-flight entertainment has been sorted.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Crawfish posted:

Gotta say, for a company that proclaimed they had software plans in place to make their 20 mil ship goal, a NSMBu port, radio silence in Feb and a new game as close to the end of the financial year as they can loving manage is a weird and very Nintendo way to try and accomplish that.

I mean, we could actually have some form of direct this month, but I remember the last year or two of the Wii U Nintendo, and we could actually just not hear about anything I guess, so I can only base this off what we know for reals.

Their success will not be decided by a direct, especially one only "rumored" to happen by nerds with way too much time on their hands

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Kind of wild that we went from not much Yoshi coverage to a release in March?

Harlock posted:

With the speed changes and a little prior knowledge / research you can probably clear 12 now in 30 hours.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I really hope Vesperia holds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Huxley posted:

I really hope Vesperia holds up.

From my understanding it does. It’s not like Symponia which doesn’t hold up at all.