Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Is Kemurikusa going to be streamed anywhere? The website says Prime but that might just be for Japan..

Edit: Oop there it is on Amazon.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Toalpaz posted:

Unfortunately I've had the pleasure of watching death note like 10+ years ago and I'll never experience it fresh and new and as I currently think as an adult.

I'll probably watch From the new world. Thanks!
I will never be able to properly watch Death Note. The first thing I knew of it from 12 years back was the mad laugh scene and:

https://i.imgur.com/PqVNv54.gifv

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Have you tried "Monster"?
It's downright incredible.

I'm mad I didn't also think of this.

East of Eden maybe also fits the bill?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

extremely good cat glare

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

General premise spoilers for the manga, don't click if you just want to speculate: Demons eat humans in general, but these kids' facility is an artisanal farm for the elite. All the unnecessary stuff is the same kind of bullshit status symbol you'd get at a high-end restaurant where the steaks are made out of decoratively-bred cows raised on caviar and gold leaf.

There might actually be more to it than that. The way demons seem to have varying levels of intelligence, as well as one scene where a demon becomes more powerful after eating another demon, makes me wonder if eating smart humans makes demons smarter.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth posted:

extremely good cat glare

:3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm a big fan of fluffy x boy this season. Time to decide if I want to make a thread or not.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Promised Neverland scared the poo poo out of me it owns. I like all the characters, I love the adventure feels, the art is great, I'm so hype.

The mix is similar to From The New World but it feels kinda more raw, if that makes sense.

Good anime.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Sakurazuka posted:

First episode of Promised Neverland seemed good but everyone's weird tiny faces were creepin me out

honestly, same. I read part of the manga by coincidence when I subscribed to shonen jump and I didn't think it would look so off-putting animated

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The Promised Neverland had a really good first episode. I know nothing of the manga (other than "you should read it") so looking forward to the next ep.

Kemurikusa is mostly exposition so far, and it doesn't look good, but then again neither did KF after one episode. I'm a little surprised we have such a similar set-up with the fish-out-of-water character, but this one doesn't seem like the protagonist at least. I will say that it has the advantage that I have absolutely no idea where the plot is going to end up.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Just started A Promised Neverland and whoa...noitaminA is liberated from Amazon :aaa:

e: oh god they're using cuecats, truly this must be a dystopia

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 10, 2019

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kemurikusa is a neat show and I definitely want to see how things progress in the following episodes.

Audience surrogate character feels a bit out of place but I'm fine with him so far.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I liked Kemurikasa a lot more before the guy showed up

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
I don’t know what Kemurikusa is or what it wants to be. I’ll give it one more ep.

The Promised Neverland is intriguing but there’ll be SO MUCH HEARTBREAK and I don’t know whether my poor heartses can take it.

My Roommate Is A Cat might just be anime of THE EVER.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

fun movie

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sindai posted:

he's my friend

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

an actual dog posted:

The Promised Neverland scared the poo poo out of me it owns. I like all the characters, I love the adventure feels, the art is great, I'm so hype.

The mix is similar to From The New World but it feels kinda more raw, if that makes sense.

Good anime.

From The New World is intentionally sterile, atmospheric horror. This was much more immediate and visceral.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm gonna watch the one with the cat and the mystery author, because I liked what I read of the manga.
I did that thing I said I would. My Roommate Is A Cat Update: It's good. :3:

Knorth posted:

extremely good cat glare

:yeah:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

lol

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What the heck

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Sindai posted:

Cynical hot take: No one would be complaining about Wakaba if he were a cute girl.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

while i'd normally agree with your point, i found the instant romantic attraction to the mc a really dull angle to take the post apoc show

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean there could be romance between two women too

is it just that the romance becomes trite when it falls into a post-apocalyptic last man and woman in the world thing?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

Cynical hot take: No one would be complaining about Wakaba if he were a cute girl.

I don’t even think it’s that cynical. You’re 100% correct, although people might complain that it was just Kaban again if Wakaba was a girl.

Davincie posted:

while i'd normally agree with your point, i found the instant romantic attraction to the mc a really dull angle to take the post apoc show

Eh, I’m not necessarily against that. You get the impression that she’s literally never seen a dude before in her life. I think it’s going to be played for gags.

I guess I am “cautiously optimistic.”

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Is this revenge of Berserk?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

cynical hot take: gender and sex influence people's perspectives on art a lot

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

A story about a boy doing X and a story about a girl (or an enby, for that matter) doing that exact same X in the exact same way are still different stories because of the broader context in which those stories exist and can never be separated from, hth

And I don't even have any especially strong feelings about Wakaba yet.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Crabtree posted:

Is this revenge of Berserk?

For those curious, it's Dimension High School. Here's the PV for those so inclined. https://youtu.be/ldI4C_x_Iqs

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Are the live action actors idols or something?

It's kind of amusing how much kemurikaska is Kemono Friends 2.0. I also liked Wakaba.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Davincie posted:

Spiritus Nox posted:

A story about a boy doing X and a story about a girl (or an enby, for that matter) doing that exact same X in the exact same way are still different stories because of the broader context in which those stories exist and can never be separated from, hth

And I don't even have any especially strong feelings about Wakaba yet.

I agree with both of these posts and and stuff like gender does influence the story on its own even absent other factors, and it's not like I don't have issues with how Wakaba was introduced or anything like that.

Just that the impression I get from some people around the internet in this particular case is that they have the way too prevalent kneejerk "boy in a cute girls show = bad" reaction without thinking too hard about it. Gives me flashbacks to when some people relentlessly bashed Love Lab because the show about girls wanting to fall in love with boys ended up being about girls wanting to fall in love with boys.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

Gives me flashbacks to when some people relentlessly bashed Love Lab because the show about girls wanting to fall in love with boys ended up being about girls wanting to fall in love with boys.

And I will never forgive them for tarnishing what is close to a farcical masterpiece, but for some untranslatable puns and... that one scene.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Julias posted:

For those curious, it's Dimension High School. Here's the PV for those so inclined. https://youtu.be/ldI4C_x_Iqs

Oh so its intentionally bad cg because its basically high production VR Chat with Idols the Anime?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

Gives me flashbacks to when some people relentlessly bashed Love Lab because the show about girls wanting to fall in love with boys ended up being about girls wanting to fall in love with boys.
ill level and say the girls had much more chemistry with each other so when it became more about them talking to guys outside of the context of each other, i lost interest hard

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Julias posted:

VRChat got an anime?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Wow Sentai that's an amazing amount of failure. You pasted the credits roll from a random BanG Dream season 1 episode into season 2, despite almost the entire production staff being different, and half the voice actors playing in the episode not appearing in those credits. And you name/credit the opening and ending songs from season 1 and none of the new songs.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

nielsm posted:

Wow Sentai that's an amazing amount of failure. You pasted the credits roll from a random BanG Dream season 1 episode into season 2, despite almost the entire production staff being different, and half the voice actors playing in the episode not appearing in those credits. And you name/credit the opening and ending songs from season 1 and none of the new songs.

Haha, seriously?

That sucks, I hope they notice their mistake and fix it soon.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Julias posted:

Haha, seriously?

That sucks, I hope they notice their mistake and fix it soon.

I wouldn't count on it. They only barely realized that Lisa is Lisa and not Risa, and basically have been ignorant of any work done on the game or even the prior season or bang dream pico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Allarion posted:

I wouldn't count on it. They only barely realized that Lisa is Lisa and not Risa, and basically have been ignorant of any work done on the game or even the prior season or bang dream pico.

Aren't they, like, liable to get sued for that sort of thing though?