Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

glowing-fish posted:

I have not heard of this, and it seems highly suspect. Even interviewing for a single lawyer takes time in any case. Previous times that Trump has fired or acquired lawyers have usually had a lot of lead up to them. In addition, 17 is a lot of lawyers, especially considering that Trump has had problems finding even a few lawyers.

It is things like this that we could keep track of in the Trump/Russia thread, one of its main purposes was winnowing out rumors. One of the problems of the Trump Administration is that there is such a flood of bullshit, that it is hard to keep track of what is normal and what is not, what is real and what is illusion. So now, things like this just kind of float around and get overwhelmed with a discussion of Donald Duck not wearing pants, which you want to know something interesting? Scrooge doesn't wear pants wither, EXCEPT when he is wearing a bathing suit to go money swimming. Like imagining only wearing pants when you are swimming. That does not make sense.

And neither does Trump hiring 17 lawyers, overnight, with no signs of it happening before-hand, and no mention of it in media that is not a tweet.

The 17 new lawyers is A Real Thing, there was a WaPo article about it and Maddow talked about it on last night's show.

here's the article, if phone posting works right

What's really messed up, though, is that Goofy and Pluto are both dogs, but only Goofy wears pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Hey I found the actual document for the initial wall proposal.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. "

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

:lol:

This is up to 108,000 signatures

How many of those people do you think has complained about PC culture lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wistful of Dollars posted:

This should be framed and put in the Smithsonian.
Yes, too bad the Smithsonian is also shut down

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes, too bad the Smithsonian is also shut down

It's like the one line answer to a future history exam.

"Summarize the Trump Administration."
"The Buck stops Everywhere."

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Is it possible to start a petition to give a wedgie to everyone who signed the other petition?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/News4SA/status/1083398101589770240

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Is that woman threatening Mexico?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

If nothing else, this administration has been a boon to the poster board and puffy paint industries

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

hahaha, but the president is just fine. gently caress these racist assholes, that list should have taken their full ID so they could all be doxed for being the racist assholes they are

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Walls literally do not do that. That is the opposite of what a wall does. :psyduck:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Wylie posted:

The 17 new lawyers is A Real Thing, there was a WaPo article about it and Maddow talked about it on last night's show.

here's the article, if phone posting works right

What's really messed up, though, is that Goofy and Pluto are both dogs, but only Goofy wears pants.

Ah, okay. That is still very surprising, but there is the important point that Trump did not hire the lawyers, the White House did. These are not Trump's personal lawyers, but White House lawyers. And they are also not specifically hired to defend against the Mueller investigation.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

But that one from Michigan said a swear

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

whichever candidate calls trump a "loving idiot" to his face gets my vote.

Yeah, Michael Brooks had a similar point on his podcast the other day. He said that if Elizabeth Warren wanted to beat Trump, she and her supporters can't show outrage at his "Pocahontas" poo poo. They need to roll their eyes and say, "Shut the gently caress up, Donny, people have got more important poo poo to worry about." That pretty much goes for any Democrat who wants to unseat him: don't play his "I'm a triggered lib! Literally shaking!!!" game. Treat him with the contempt even his fans deep down inside know he deserves.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

I'm from the Rio Grande Valley. They do not love Trump, not in the least. Old white people like my parents, yes, but the Valley is 99% Hispanic and everyone has friends and family that crossed the border. He is loathed. I'm kind of amazed anyone would show up.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1083332627057147904

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Wow there’s like a whole two dozen people there.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I guess they all forgot that US MARINES, OOH RAH! commercial that says "Walls always fall"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nV_H6wpTVA

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I look forward to the Trump tweet later about "thousands" of supporters.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jesus III posted:

I'm from the Rio Grande Valley. They do not love Trump, not in the least. Old white people like my parents, yes, but the Valley is 99% Hispanic and everyone has friends and family that crossed the border. He is loathed. I'm kind of amazed anyone would show up.

probably a Trump bus somewhere near by like that shillswomen for trump bus that went from rally to rally before

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
President Not Mad..

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083404900862545920

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Do you think Trump ever looks at the dumpy lumps who form his fan base and dies a little inside? I hope so.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

Do you think Trump ever looks at the dumpy lumps who form his fan base and dies a little inside? I hope so.

I mean I’m sure he looks at mirrors

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Remember, when he says technology he means things like WALL, WHEEL and FIRE.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This reminds me of every time that Curt Schilling tries to arrange a Trump rally in MA and the attendees are Curt, his imaginary friend, a broken, discarded umbrella, and an empty Dunkin Donuts coffee cup that rolls through for a few minutes.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Looks like half the white people in the valley showed up lol.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lumpy posted:

South Texas, 2020: “Honey, after we go check on our lawsuit fighting th Big Guv’mints attempts to take our land, we need to go vote. Trump! Trump! Trump!”

the actual border in texas isn't very trumpy

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Bicyclops posted:

This reminds me of every time that Curt Schilling tries to arrange a Trump rally in MA and the attendees are Curt, his imaginary friend, a broken, discarded umbrella, and an empty Dunkin Donuts coffee cup that rolls through for a few minutes.

I believe that Dunkin Donuts cup made headlines a little while later for calling the police on some black kids at a water park.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the actual border in texas isn't very trumpy

You're fun.

(and I bet the large landowners are *very* Trumpy)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean I’m sure he looks at mirrors

I bet all the mirrors at the White House and in Air Force One have been replaced with softly lit funhouse ones

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1083407018843463680

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1083406303823839232

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/D_Summerville/status/1083406184588165121

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

Crow Jane posted:

you know if this subforum ever wanted their communism now dreams to happen those dumpy lumps need to be bought in also (or just do the educated revolutionary elite vanguard thing past communists justified and enslave them all lol)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fart City posted:

I believe that Dunkin Donuts cup made headlines a little while later for calling the police on some black kids at a water park.

It's from West Roxbury - when it went to visit Cambridge, it called the police on a black Harvard professor trying to get into his own apartment.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
also good to note, the three counties there on the border that show red:

Hudspeth County - pop. 3000
Brewster County - pop 9000
Terrell County - pop 937

Terrell County is where No Country for Old Men was set.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1083382365660110848

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I like this because it’ll force republicans to answer if they’re loyal to the country or to Trump. If they say they’re loyal to the country, Trump takes that as an insult since it’s not a loyalty to him. We all know Trump just wants loyalty from his subordinates, nothing else.

Just a reminder that Trump isn’t president to be a good person, it’s part of his resume to keep his brand going strong. I know his brand is suffering and it has to be hurting him knowing that. That’s why he’s been so unhinged and trying to rile up his base so that they can donate more money to him and buy his poo poo.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I thought it was just to remind voters that he has dental insurance and they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

We're about 6 months out from the presidemt just posting deep fakes.