Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm watching that Nitro right now and I'd take two more Funk/Old Man promos over whatever the hell the DDP/Buff segment was or this loving Tank Abbot promo

I like that they had the five minute timer that ended up not mattering at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

rovert posted:

This is surreal audio. Don't listen to work at or during your commute. Listen at home with your full attention.

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1083041909805740032

This.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm watching that Nitro right now and I'd take two more Funk/Old Man promos over whatever the hell the DDP/Buff segment was or this loving Tank Abbot promo

Good news you get a month of Terry Funk promos and they are horrible. Shockingly bad.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

When does he start hitting fools with the rubber chicken, aka literally my only memory of WCW’s death rattle

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

This is surreal audio. Don't listen to work at or during your commute. Listen at home with your full attention.

Absolutely fantastic listen, and Dave randomly making a new Japanese friend was perfect.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I loved Jim quietly reminding Dave not to touch the title belts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

I loved Jim quietly reminding Dave not to touch the title belts

Ahaha, I forgot about that part. That was fantastic.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1083157105303945216

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1083157105303945216

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I was absolutely planning on adding the Baba museum show to my listen-at-work queue but I'll save it for a quiet hour later this week then. Can't wait.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if having the observer a couple weeks is a consequence of Dave In Japan stories, i am completely fine with it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An amusing thread

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1083173108888985600

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1083173459822346240

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
sam eagle is a real good pick for lance

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's a terrific idea.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Sempervive should be Elmo

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

exploded mummy posted:

Sempervive should be Elmo

Elmo actually appeals to a certain demographic

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
semp should be oscar because he belongs in the trash

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mkay0 posted:

Elmo actually appeals to a certain demographic

he isnt stupid enough to build a house in a swamp though

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Elmo has tremendous knowledge of Japanese wrestling as well.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Happy to see lance is good again

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I'm listening to Cornette's podcast and his cohost really hates Jake Roberts. If even half of the stuff he says about Jake is true, Jake does seem like a really lovely guy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jake has been a toughguy wrassler drugfucked out of his mind most of his life and had possibly the shittiest upbringing I've ever heard.

I'm sympathetic to Jake trying to make things right like he's seemingly trying nowadays, but he's got a lot to fix.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I don't think anybody is under any illusions that Jake wasn't a horrible piece of poo poo for a long time. That he's finally (largely) gotten clean and healthier and is making big strides to improve himself is wonderful, but it doesn't mean he was suddenly a saint his whole life.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yeah jake's been hosed up for a very long time, and did some terrible things while hosed up. he was born into the business and the lifestyle chewed him up and spit him out.

will never understand cornettes appeal though, or why people would want to hear about why the business was better in the 80s for the umpteenth time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I enjoy Cornette in doses but I would appreciate it if he didn't comment on current events in any fashion or form. And that includes current wrestling.

His old timey stories are incredible and from a time and place that will never exist again no matter hard people wish it to be.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also SMW was great and the only thing greater was the backstage politics and bullshit from SMW.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

I enjoy Cornette in doses but I would appreciate it if he didn't comment on current events in any fashion or form. And that includes current wrestling.

His old timey stories are incredible and from a time and place that will never exist again no matter hard people wish it to be.

That's why you only listen to the drive thru. He mostly only answers questions about classic wrestling.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Strong Granny segment this week.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

NikkolasKing posted:

So I'm listening to Cornette's podcast and his cohost really hates Jake Roberts.

That's the episode where they talk about All In and AEW, right? Because holy poo poo Brian Last has some dumb takes on all that.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

That's the episode where they talk about All In and AEW, right? Because holy poo poo Brian Last has some dumb takes on all that.

Yeah. I don't know any of the details of any of this, I'm just going on what he said about the one guy dying of cancer who Jake owes money to and who supposedly Jake won't even talk to.

I suppose if you have a good friend who is dying and you feel somebody hosed them over you might act a bit irrationally.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah. I don't know any of the details of any of this, I'm just going on what he said about the one guy dying of cancer who Jake owes money to and who supposedly Jake won't even talk to.

I suppose if you have a good friend who is dying and you feel somebody hosed them over you might act a bit irrationally.

Yeah, that's fair. It doesn't surprise me that Jake is still a shady carny, given his upbringing and profession, but it's pretty hosed up that he won't throw Jerry Grey some money. I find Brian Last highly annoying much of the time, but he's right to be mad about that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah because that Jake Roberts money is really fuckin long

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Does Dave listen to the B&V show? He’s gonna be so mad at Bryan for today’s NWA show

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

Does Dave listen to the B&V show? He’s gonna be so mad at Bryan for today’s NWA show

dave hasn't finished his cloning technology yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BskFV4bliaN/ Ryan Satin's joining Ryback's podcast

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1084886600813817856

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

I laughed when Bryan said he was gonna quiz Dave about this on the mailbag.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I laughed when Bryan said he was gonna quiz Dave about this on the mailbag.
no joke i was typing up an email to the mailbag when he said that

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

now the RyPod is 100% dumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Does anyone remember what year the 12 Rounds Montreal review was?