Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

this still slaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Fuuuuuuuck this.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

This is the woman the Pod Save America guys endorse because she got some rednecks to come out at a rural town in Iowa.

she was a Republican before 1996, well into her 40's lol

lmao

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

slippery doc posted:

I finally come up with an idea and I tell the girl, if I can proceed with it. The plan was I would carry the roses about 2000 miles to the House, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't know nuthin about nuthin that ain't Godzilla or communism, and I don't want to know anything else because this is enough, tryin to make me learn is tantamount to violence and I will respond accordingly

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i became an academic and now i read papers that came up with all of my good ideas thirty years ago

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Zyla posted:

i hate reading.

i read a bunch of books and accidentally became a lawyer

books ruined my life

i've heard audiobooks of King stuff are really high quality :shrug:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:smithicide:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

I don't know nuthin about nuthin that ain't Godzilla or communism, and I don't want to know anything else because this is enough, tryin to make me learn is tantamount to violence and I will respond accordingly

Godzilla represents the nuclear bomb dropped by America, a capitalist country.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Nice, strong daddy wins again.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A Handed Missus posted:

lmao

welcomr to the democratic party

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

lmao

so she was a republican when she bullshitted her ethnicity, interesting...

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

BUSH 2112 posted:

i forgot they even included that scene, that whole part of the book is just so loving good that you feel like you're living it. amazing casting choice for that part.

[edit] did it have the "game show" scene where people are being executed on live TV in any way? i'm guessing probably not.

don't think so, and i had forgotten about that so i gotta read the stand again

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

:hai:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

At applebees rn ama

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

haljordan posted:

At applebees rn ama

are you sad?

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Very nice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

haljordan posted:

At applebees rn ama

how much is a gin and tonic

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Epic High Five posted:

AGDQ got to a Splatoon 2 run apparently and so one poster decided now was the time to share their enormous folder of underaged squid girl erotic fanart and for whatever reason like a dozen other posters saw fit to quote every single one

I'm amazed there isn't a "no fanart" rule outright, there's just no timeline where that doesn't become NWS/NMS within 3 posts

let’s play fan art is usually not horny. don’t blame everyone else for your own sickness.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

when I was having my second kid and a bunch of my co-workers were starting to have their first, my employer began offering basically free daycare. On one hand I was pissed previously childless peers who'd give me poo poo about being tired, stressed, etc wouldn't experience a bill for 5 figures a year just to go to work, but holy gently caress I'll take free daycare gimme gimme now

I've also excused a bunch of other complaints because - free daycare. That poo poo is more addictive than good insurance benefits.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1083478544146186240

lmbo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Yes but that is unrelated to my current location

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

im buff toad

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

a helpful bear posted:

louisgod knows this intimately lol

yeah for real, the gaming "community" is literal trash made up of petulant, disgusting mentally ill idiots and it makes sense why closed off hardcore gamers love Trump.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jon Joe posted:

Godzilla represents the nuclear bomb dropped by America, a capitalist country.

WRONG it symbolizes the amoral sociopathy of America and then it also means lots of other things, like high fiving your giant robot pals and dancing

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

got a letter with the start of my food stamp benefit

192 dollars a month

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

how much is a gin and tonic

Unknown, I am going to see how many $2 captain and cokes I can consume in twenty minutes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bert Roberge posted:

This is the woman the Pod Save America guys endorse because she got some rednecks to come out at a rural town in Iowa.

storm lake is pretty non chuddy for rural ia. it's over 1/3 Hispanic and 10% Asian, plus a large Sudanese refugee population.

Bernie and Hillary were a dead heat in that county. Hildawg cleaned up in every adjacent county, including Pocahontas County, which Warren must visit or she is a coward

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

campfire posted:

I remember hearing this on a jukebox late 60s. at a Dinner Route 66 in Arizona. Junior Brown is Awesome. I've not heard any of his music since then. Until now. thanks for posting it.

fun fact: his wife plays the acoustic/rhythm guitar in their band.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Louisgod posted:

yeah for real, the gaming "community" is literal trash made up of petulant, disgusting mentally ill idiots and it makes sense why closed off hardcore gamers love Trump.

how long were you the mod for the games forum

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Spergin Morlock posted:

max headroom playing the trashcan man and jamey sheridan as randall flagg, lol

don't forget patrick star as m-o-o-n man

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Zyla posted:

i hate reading.

i read a bunch of books and accidentally became a lawyer

books ruined my life

thats why u should read stuff like ancillary justice, which will make you want to become a spaceship

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Billzasilver posted:

let’s play fan art is usually not horny. don’t blame everyone else for your own sickness.

first, they came for the gamers

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

haljordan posted:

At applebees rn ama

how’s the date going

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

campfire posted:

don't think so, and i had forgotten about that so i gotta read the stand again

it might only be in the unabridged version. i only read the original hardcover version once, and i felt like it was missing too much stuff to be as enjoyable.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Billzasilver posted:

fan art is usually not horny

questionable

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

So wait is the US flag satanic now? I can't keep up

white devil nation

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vishass posted:

when I was having my second kid and a bunch of my co-workers were starting to have their first, my employer began offering basically free daycare. On one hand I was pissed previously childless peers who'd give me poo poo about being tired, stressed, etc wouldn't experience a bill for 5 figures a year just to go to work, but holy gently caress I'll take free daycare gimme gimme now

I've also excused a bunch of other complaints because - free daycare. That poo poo is more addictive than good insurance benefits.

Lmao u had kids just loool

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

i became an academic and now i read papers that came up with all of my good ideas thirty years ago

you get bonus points when the papers conclude that the ideas were bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

ole chuck and nancy are gonna cave, aren't they

i don't even know why we pretend they would do anything else