Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Legit disappointed it’s not about actual Babylon.

Me, except about the Byzantine Empire whenever someone mentions Iconoclasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eternal Sonata just pulled some 'the king is nakedly evil and pushing his people to take brainwashing drugs but the rebels have an agenda to so who can really say who's in the right???' bullshit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

Bungie and Activision are splitting up, an industry-shaking divorce that will see Destiny enter fully into Bungie’s control.

This development comes after years of tension between the two companies—tension that has existed since before the first Destiny even shipped. Bungie delivered the news to employees during a team meeting this afternoon.

Destiny, which first launched in September 2014, has had a long and rocky road through expansions, updates, and a sequel. The most recent major entry in the franchise, Destiny 2: Forsaken, was beloved by players but failed to meet Activision’s sales standards.

https://twitter.com/metasynthie/status/1083474268569198595

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The 7th Guest posted:

Bungie and Activision are splitting up, an industry-shaking divorce that will see Destiny enter fully into Bungie’s control.

This development comes after years of tension between the two companies—tension that has existed since before the first Destiny even shipped. Bungie delivered the news to employees during a team meeting this afternoon.

Destiny, which first launched in September 2014, has had a long and rocky road through expansions, updates, and a sequel. The most recent major entry in the franchise, Destiny 2: Forsaken, was beloved by players but failed to meet Activision’s sales standards.

Seems like everyone is getting a divorce this week

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

maybe bungie can marry jeff bezos

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

maybe bungie can marry jeff bezos
Jeff Bezos just learned marriage is a type of union so he's staying single for the rest of his life.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Accordion Man posted:

Jeff Bezos just learned marriage is a type of union so he's staying single for the rest of his life.

You copied this off of twitter :ssh:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Rarity posted:

You copied this off of twitter :ssh:
Never said it was mine in the first place. :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Even more obscure- there was already a Myth 3. It was developed by a subcontractor to Take 2 who ended up with the IP after Microsoft bought out their stake in Bungie. It was pretty bad and the IP is effectively dead now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

we want Oni 2

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We want grim fandango 2

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

we want a big slice of pizza

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

we can want multiple things

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

we want A Pitcher 2

not A Belly Itcher 2

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

We want grim fandango 2
No, it had a perfect ending.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We want anime titties

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

You don't want sequels to games you love. *looks at the stars* Trust me, I'd know..............................

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

We want anime titties

we already have those though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

cheetah7071 posted:

we already have those though

the thirst is stronger with every one we get though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Thirsty for tits” sounds weird when you say it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

don't get this thread superbanned too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

“Thirsty for tits” sounds weird when you say it
as they say, tits are natures caprisun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are you “they”

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm making a gacha mobile game with a capsule machine that gives you a single titty per day

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm making a gacha mobile game with a capsule machine that gives you a single titty per day

I mean one free per day isn't standard but a gacha for anime titties is all of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hurr.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

One of my friends plays Granblue and as far as I can tell that game is literally only about horniness for various characters

ban all gatchas

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

grieving for Gandalf posted:

NiOh is cool and I just absolutely can never get into it, despite being an avid Soulsborne guy

I beat it and did all the side levels but didn't do everything I wanted and kind of want to go back to it. The combat and atmosphere were pretty much top-notch and scratched an itch I'd kinda forgotten I had since all those ninja games in the PSX/PS2 generation.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

So you're telling me the micro-transactions and multiple currencies are not dead.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm ready for the non-horny gacha

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

lets hang out posted:

I'm ready for the non-horny gacha

A Thomas the Tank Engine Gacha game.

Please do not sexualize the trains.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Viewtiful Jew posted:

A Thomas the Tank Engine Gacha game.

Please do not sexualize the trains.

Too late, they already did

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat, even Dunkey gave God of War GotY. I also did not expect him to come around on Uncharted 4's story.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

One of my friends plays Granblue and as far as I can tell that game is literally only about horniness for various characters

ban all gatchas

Granblue is incomprehensible to me but they made a horny devil man who spent an entire event making sex jokes so its good

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I am loving around in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and it does what every open world game should do: have an easy and quick way to change from day to night and back; one button press, super quick, I hate most nighttime stuff in games because it can be so hard to see. Better would be a lock to daylight and only change for specific missions. I wish it was this quick in Red Dead Redemption 2 and not having to make a camp, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE TO NEARBY ACTIVITY TO CAMP blah blah.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I feel bad cuz I'm seeing unironic "Blizzard please make this move" comments in regards the Bungie splitting with Activision and it's like...aw jeez I like your enthusiasm but that wasn't the same type of business partnership that Bungie made.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

axelblaze posted:

God drat, even Dunkey gave God of War GotY. I also did not expect him to come around on Uncharted 4's story.

I'm kinda surprised so many people gave GoW GotY when MHW and Spider-Man were, in my opinion, better games, but it was still quite good.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

PlushCow posted:

I am loving around in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and it does what every open world game should do: have an easy and quick way to change from day to night and back; one button press, super quick, I hate most nighttime stuff in games because it can be so hard to see. Better would be a lock to daylight and only change for specific missions. I wish it was this quick in Red Dead Redemption 2 and not having to make a camp, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE TO NEARBY ACTIVITY TO CAMP blah blah.

Guards have different schedules at different times of day. It'd be stupid if you could only play at night in certain missions when there are abilities that make you stronger at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i was baffled when god of war introduced a lovely open world objective compass but glad i could immediately turn it off