Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
just lol if you don't think the alien alloys are very real, very legal, and very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Like I can't believe I was born and raised in what is ostensibly the same country as everyone who voted for TRUMP

Like I know America is really big and changes a lot from region to region, but on a fundamental level there has to be some common ground and I just don't see it anymore

it's easy if you think about it

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk. i mean yeah the right sadly has an easier time attacking trans folk but i feel like most of the younger generations are fine with trans people and this is just the angry lashing of a dying social conservatism.

also i love that these assholes think dying horribly in a giant pointless hell war between giant imperial uncaring empires is cool and good.

the younger generations might be more tolerant but the right is super close to getting a bunch of insanely hosed up laws and rules passed to deny trans people their very existence. There's no one protecting them from that happening any day now, and the right sees it as a very easy culture battle to win. its a huge problem

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

btw here's one of the new rightwing outrages of the week

most of the chuds tweeting about it omit the G20 context

https://twitter.com/Sonia_Rose1/status/1083264306148507648

i mean they did 9/11

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Just when you thought you were done with the stupid poo poo today

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Like I can't believe I was born and raised in what is ostensibly the same country as everyone who voted for TRUMP

Like I know America is really big and changes a lot from region to region, but on a fundamental level there has to be some common ground and I just don't see it anymore

I felt like that for a little while in 2015 & 2016, but in retrospect, I was very wrong and uninformed to think we were too good for Trump. We're not. We have a centuries long history that organically lead to Trump. He's not an aberration, and the populace likes him for predictable reasons.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tacodaemon posted:

btw here's one of the new rightwing outrages of the week

most of the chuds tweeting about it omit the G20 context

https://twitter.com/Sonia_Rose1/status/1083264306148507648

the chuds are right in this case

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

oh terrific

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
that interview isn't live, right?
i'm not watching hannity either way

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its funny that they hate acosta so much since hes such a bland decorum reporter

yeah the rage at CNN is really confusing in general. I think it's because the trmup brain is permanently stuck in the late 80s/early 90s, so CNN is still relevant to him.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the chuds are right in this case

?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Putting all my eggs in the "aliens will save us" basket

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Joementum posted:

he is calling acosta a teenage girl

I'd take any teenage girl chosen at random over trump for president

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the fact that the president can declare a national emergency and legally pass his own enabling act by executive order seems maybe not that a good idea for a government?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Joementum posted:

just lol if you don't think the alien alloys are very real, very legal, and very cool

Aliens are fake wishful thinking just like human space colonization. We were born on earth and we're going to die on earth.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

saudi arabia did 9/11

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

DrPossum posted:

which pokmmon is this?

furret

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

the fact that the president can declare a national emergency and legally pass his own enabling act by executive order seems maybe not that a good idea for a government?

gently caress you the founders were god inspired geniuses

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/bernie_mark/status/1083410347594338304

:shuckyes:

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

poo poo come to think of it what do you wanna bet that Dear Diary tweet was spawned from some riffing between Trump and Hannity making fun of that nerd and his fake news journal

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
aliens arent real

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

saudi arabia did 9/11

and threatened canada with a second one!!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

:lol: He's going to stage a migrant climbing a wall or something like Reagan did with that crack deal.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

sounds like you don't believe in The Wisdom of the American People™

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Aliens are fake wishful thinking just like human space colonization. We were born on earth and we're going to die on earth.

counterpoint: tiberium is real now.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

aliens are fake but there's no reason we couldn't colonize space beyond our own dumb asses not working on it because of capitalism

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

for the record my 'wait what' was before I saw all the other 'wait what' posts as I struggle to catch up on whatever the fucks going on with america

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Dear Diary....

i'm pickle rick

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Bert Roberge posted:

:lol: He's going to stage a migrant climbing a wall or something like Reagan did with that crack deal.

inshallah

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/FeralCherub/status/1083539971061891072

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

this doesn’t make sense because I live surrounded by dangerous Americans, not immigrants

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

piss beam is real

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump thinking of young girls is very very trump thing for his brain to think about when he sees a dude doing a vlog

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Joementum posted:

btw harry reid spent most of today basically saying there are aliens in nevada

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/1083452135235338241

Jesus I hate Trump I loving hate this

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Dear Diary....

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Candy of Nations

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

piss beam is real

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Joementum posted:

my favorite sub-plot of the trump years is that the military admitted it has a ton of UFO poo poo going on and stole the aliens' secret alloys and everyone just shrugged because trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006