Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

PA plate but not covered in salt. Fake news!

Love the color and wheel combo.

Luckily here in SE PA we've only had a couple snow storms so far and minimal residual salt. Also that's what I have a beater for :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

mik posted:

You want salt? This is after 3 hours on the highway. Apparently Nova Scotia's highway salt policy is "as much as loving possible"

I can actually hear it dissolving.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

opengl128 posted:

Luckily here in SE PA we've only had a couple snow storms so far and minimal residual salt. Also that's what I have a beater for :)

Yeah in central PA we’ve only had one snow so the roads are blissfully clean.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Thanks to some scientific weather theory, we haven't had any snow here in Indiana this winter. It spit some flurries, but we haven't had any need for salt. I can't say I've missed it.

Captain Crabsticks
Feb 17, 2007

opengl128 posted:

se PA? i live in bethlehem

here's my cadillac again, 2007 DTS i got for free in horrible condition and fixed up. I did a bunch more work on it recently, new water pump drive pulley and belt, new serp belt tensioner, idler and serp belt, new EGR tube and oil filter adapter gasket i think covers it all. I got my oil leak pretty much under control with that gasket, but now my power steering is leaking and the hose is kinda expensive and a bitch to change. nobody ever said pimpin was easy

Captain Crabsticks fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 3, 2019

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Been driving this for almost a month, absolutely love it

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Here’s my idiot wagon.

I like it a lot.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

DO a burnout

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ok buddy you asked for it!

Lemme just open settings
Track apps
No wait
Line lock
Activate
Is it on?
Hold on
Ok here we go!
Wait

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
new_cars.txt

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ya'll hosed up by never asking me to do a burnout tbh cuz I actually would

e: oh i did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa3uKCgqScU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Volts are awesome. The Gen 2 is so much better than the gen 1, too.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Suburban Dad posted:

Volts are awesome. The Gen 2 is so much better than the gen 1, too.

I actually would've been fine with a Gen 1, my work commute is 6 miles round trip. But I like the looks of the 2nd Gen better, the blue is absolutely gorgeous, I feel better having that extra few miles since my extended family are 20-25 miles away, and I like having a newish (it's a 2018) car

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

this is probably going to be my next car. the gen2's finally look like a car instead of a Tamagotchi

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

this is probably going to be my next car. the gen2's finally look like a car instead of a Tamagotchi

Yeah, it's basically a liftback Cruze

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sell me a Mazda 5 with a gen 2 volt powertrain, please.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

eyebeem posted:

Sell me a Mazda 5 with a gen 2 volt powertrain, please.

Get on the Voltbus.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Volt does not come in Shock. The Bolt comes in Shock.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My wife's car with the wheels/snow tires off my 2012 Camry on it, posted mostly because I think it looks especially awesome for having -2" wheels on it (these are 17s, factory is 19s).

e: and I love that fuckin color

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

bird with big dick posted:

My wife's car with the wheels/snow tires off my 2012 Camry on it, posted mostly because I think it looks especially awesome for having -2" wheels on it (these are 17s, factory is 19s).

e: and I love that fuckin color

They did such a great job on the new body of that Accord - it's like vaguely reminiscent of an A7.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

drat the new Accord is freakin awesome looking. Nice car, excellent color too.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I dunno why people hate on the new accord. It looks great. Kudos for non grayscale paint

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
It is a great color but let us not forget the front of it.

I don't know what wheels come with which package but directional wheels that go the wrong direction can drop dead.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
The Accord was the most unexpectedly good car I drove in all of 2018. Enthusiasts should still buy the Giulia, but for normal people the Accord is brilliant.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Infinotize posted:

I dunno why people hate on the new accord. It looks great. Kudos for non grayscale paint

The front is terrrrrible.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bought my wife a car.

Test drive sold me. Absolutely hilarious little thing.
The 7 speed dual clutch automatic is absolutely ace.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Nice BMW! :)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I just noticed the taillights, that’s awesome lol.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rolo posted:

I just noticed the taillights, that’s awesome lol.

Holy poo poo!

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

mik posted:

You want salt? This is after 3 hours on the highway. Apparently Nova Scotia's highway salt policy is "as much as loving possible"

I know your pain, I'm a newfie and our roads are just as bad in winter lol.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Thankful for the lack of salt here in central PA, but the wet weather is tough keeping vehicles clean.

Got my first ever tonneau cover, thrilling content, I know:

I'm becoming less and less AI every day, I'm selling our 3rd car (nothing interesting) today so we'll be down to 2 vehicles for the first time in ~10 years.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

New wife-mobile, 2015 Toyota Highlander XLE 4wd with 50k miles. Should make a good dog and eventual kid hauler.

Decided we needed to upgrade after doing 2k miles in her 2006 Tacoma extended cab with three people, a 100lb puppy and the bed full of bags...while it rained the whole 1k miles home.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

quote:

It is a great color but let us not forget the front of it.
She hates the front of it too but likes the "black chrome" or whatever over the bright chrome just enough that she decided she could live with it. If it only came in the bright I don't think she woulda bought it.

davebo posted:

directional wheels that go the wrong direction can drop dead.

It's an Accord, not a Corvette.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Finally got my truck registered on Tuesday and new tires put on yesterday. It's so huge compared to my outback, makes it a pain the rear end to park. Worth it since it rides nice and drives great and I haven't even put the new bilsteins on yet.

I love it so far, it's a great truck.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

That is an awesome picture. The Japanese writing makes it - my brain had to cross-check where this picture could have been taken.

EDIT: after browsing the Japan import thread: gently caress me, I can buy that thing?! Argh, be still, my aching wallet.

morothar fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 11, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tell me about it. That would be so much more practical for me than a full-size pickup.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

drgitlin posted:

Enthusiasts should still buy the Giulia

:goofy:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I love this. I’m always so jealous when I go international and see all the cool mini trucks and vans we would never get in the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

morothar posted:

That is an awesome picture. The Japanese writing makes it - my brain had to cross-check where this picture could have been taken.

EDIT: after browsing the Japan import thread: gently caress me, I can buy that thing?! Argh, be still, my aching wallet.

:ssh:

Rolo posted:

I love this. I’m always so jealous when I go international and see all the cool mini trucks and vans we would never get in the states.

This is actually my first pick up truck ever :). Honestly though it's still more truck than I actually need which is why this one is up for sale. We have a nice Suzuki Carry kei truck coming that is super boring as far as imports go, but we can do it up in whatever graphics we want and it will be as large as we need it to be. It's primary duty will be moving 8 tires, 4 with wheels in them, a few miles away and back. We also didn't want to ruin its aesthetic with the old construction company's name on the side and everything.