Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Maybe Beast Boy is counting his age in dog years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Payndz posted:

1: we don't know, but it seems likely.

2: based on stuff revealed at a recent con, yes.

3: dunno. Maybe Gabriel gave strict orders that Nooroo had to stay close to him at all times; Nooroo seems very subservient compared to Tikki and especially Plagg.

4: Gabriel said that he "found" Nooroo and by extension the moth miraculous, so Fu presumably gave it to someone else originally. Who? :iiam:

Re 4 Fu lost it in the destruction of the temple, along with the Peacock miraculous and the book that was later found in Gabriel's safe. I think the implication was that they found the items in Tibet given the Tibet guidebook also present with the items in the safe.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Oracle posted:

Re 4 Fu lost it in the destruction of the temple, along with the Peacock miraculous and the book that was later found in Gabriel's safe. I think the implication was that they found the items in Tibet given the Tibet guidebook also present with the items in the safe.
Ah, that makes sense. Who would have imagined that the backstory of this goofy show would start getting complicated enough to lose track of plot points?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Maybe there should be a Miraculous thread.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Payndz posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Who would have imagined that the backstory of this goofy show would start getting complicated enough to lose track of plot points?

See also: Adventure Time

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaunab posted:

Maybe there should be a Miraculous thread.

It honestly doesn't come out often enough/have a big enough fanbase to justify one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Senerio posted:

It honestly doesn't come out often enough/have a big enough fanbase to justify one.

Well if it had it's own thread it probably would be talked about more.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
If you wanna make a thread, :justpost:. If it doesn't get any posts then there's your answer.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

TwoPair posted:

See also: Adventure Time

I really need that history explained to me.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I didn't see this posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX-s-vG6lzQ

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

So I just found out one of my favourite shows as a kid (with super catchy theme song) Mysterious Cities of Gold has a modern sequel series that started in 2012 where they’ve gone to Asia. It’s already got 3 seasons under its belt, and is expecting a 4th soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6L2psTziGM

I heard about this way back when, thought it died in development hell or something. That animation's pretty drat good and the remixed theme song is amazing!

But why is taking place in China? Getting some serious Avatar: TLA vibes from it too.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Rewatching Dofus and wow I had somehow totally forgotten that the housekeeper was gay. I love how casually they reveal it too. One episode she's just "oh I have an date with [girl name] in 10 mins" and nobody reacts in the slightest. American cartoons should take notes.

Also I'm upgrading my assessment of the dub to "mediocre". I still don't think it's good but it's good enough for me to tolerate until a subtitled version shows up somewhere. Again, check it out on Vrv if you haven't yet because it's charming as gently caress.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that Vrv a) took that and b) exists given its region locking bullshit.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

I heard about this way back when, thought it died in development hell or something. That animation's pretty drat good and the remixed theme song is amazing!

But why is taking place in China? Getting some serious Avatar: TLA vibes from it too.

They're travelling to a different continent each season, keeping things fresh.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

For good reason. That’s terrible.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're travelling to a different continent each season, keeping things fresh.

Really? Which continents have they gone to?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Really? Which continents have they gone to?

Other than South America, in the original, the two new seasons have travelled around Asia and the Middle East.

So not technically a different continent, but very different parts of the world.

Edit: There's another season coming next year, I think.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

For good reason. That’s terrible.

I mean I thought it was ok, considering it is the same band who did the original.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ButWhyThoPC/status/1083824296818950144

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I can't be the only person who saw that grapple gun trip and thought of Resident Evil, right?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I mean I thought it was ok, considering it is the same band who did the original.

All acapella is bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Not all acapella is bad, but that new take on the Carmen San Diego song was bad, even if they were the original band.

The new Carmen San Diego intro is pretty freaking dope, however.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
If I want to be able to watch How to Train your Dragon 3 when it comes out, can I just watch the two movies and skip the 118 episode series and probably still understand what's going on?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

mateo360 posted:

If I want to be able to watch How to Train your Dragon 3 when it comes out, can I just watch the two movies and skip the 118 episode series and probably still understand what's going on?

The whole series takes place between the first and second movies. So...yes.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The whole series takes place between the first and second movies. So...yes.

But how else will they learn that Astrid and Hiccup get engaged in the show, oh, I just told it. I'm a good story teller.

(The show isn't bad but it is not good)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Open Source Idiom posted:

Other than South America, in the original, the two new seasons have travelled around Asia and the Middle East.

So not technically a different continent, but very different parts of the world.

Edit: There's another season coming next year, I think.

Was the South America one good? I remember buying it but dropping off on it because the first couple of episodes just didn't catch my interest.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Not all acapella is bad, but that new take on the Carmen San Diego song was bad, even if they were the original band.

The new Carmen San Diego intro is pretty freaking dope, however.

I dunno, its not as catchy as the original but it's not bad I still like it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/hildatheseries/status/1084902058275364865

:toot:

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I dunno, its not as catchy as the original but it's not bad I still like it.
Even before the vocal part started it reminded me of Conjure One’s “Center of the Sun”.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Excellent!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Even before the vocal part started it reminded me of Conjure One’s “Center of the Sun”.
That is a pretty sweet piece.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Holy poo poo. I’ve been waiting for something like this since I was a kid. I can’t wait. I hope they have all the Halloween monsters up in there.

This is the only place I can bring it up. Maybe someone else cares too.

https://www.amazon.com/DOOM-Art-Invader-Zim/dp/1419734601

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So Carmen Sandiego came out today. I'm liking it so far.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 18, 2019

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Senerio posted:

So Carmen Sandiego came out today. I'm liking it so far.

I watched the first two-parter this morning. It's good, but I'm waiting to finish the series before making any final judgments. I'm really happy that (end of episode 2 spoiler) they got Rita Moreno back with a passing of the torch..

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Little Kid Carmen is adorable :3:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Got to episode 3 and they get to the edutainment portion straight away. So it does indeed carry on the spirit of Carmen Sandiego.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Got to episode 3 and they get to the edutainment portion straight away. So it does indeed carry on the spirit of Carmen Sandiego.

I finished the series, and I can't tell if I like it or not. The show had a lot of good touches and callbacks, but in the end I guess I just kind of miss the old hyper-competent and enigmatic Carmen from when I was a kid.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

First two episodes were okay, really not into Zack and Ivy though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm liking it so far, but I think a lot of it is because I hold no particular nostalgia towards the franchise, aside from a general awareness of it as a kid, so I can approach it on its own terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Carmen Sandiego was pretty good.