Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Augus posted:

btw if you ever see someone getting mad about how a modern reboot of an 80’s show isn’t true to their childhood, give them a swirlie

She-Ra was great for hot takes of this nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Augus posted:

no the 80’s was the wasteland of animation, the 90’s was a resurgence of diverse creative artist-driven content after years of dominance from cheap homogenized shows during the Reagan years

It was also when the guy from Devo started an excellent career in film and television scoring

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

The 90s had some clownbarf cartoons but clownbarf's a lot better than whatever that Hannah Barbera poo poo was

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Is it actually written down in the rules or is this just one of those unwritten/unspoken rules?

Either way, I think I would have just popped one open anyway. After all, what are they going to do, kick you out of Congress?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

smarxist posted:

I feel like this is a not small component of his fervency for it

It's the oceans 11 score the whole presidency was cobbled together got, billions in no bid contracts to a bunch of cronies managing shell companies he owns a stake in lol
Also

:yeshaha:

Craigslist in DC must be buck-wild right now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ex post facho posted:

animaniacs and freakazoid were the best 90s cartoon I will brook no dispute

The Critic and Dr. Katz

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Schmoe Cwead posted:

ill admit it would make an interesting presidential address thats for sure

he wouldn't even be elected yet, never mind inaugurated

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Augus posted:

no the 80’s was the wasteland of animation, the 90’s was a resurgence of diverse creative artist-driven content after years of dominance from cheap homogenized shows during the Reagan years

seriously, how anyone can look at 90's animation and think it was garbage is insane to me. even weird stuff like squiggle-vision wasn't bad, it addressed the need for cheap animation in a novel way.

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

Shageletic posted:

It's gonna be at a decade until we get a majority Millenial House, but my god when it happens

lol, a decade?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1083774445020479490?s=19

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I hope he refuses to sign it lol

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1083730226599915526

this thread is wildly true and emblematic that the primary problem in the democratic party right now is that most of the bureaucratic levers of power are controlled by neoliberal technocrats

This thread makes me feel good.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

i wonder how many people would immediately quit lmao

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Xaris posted:

why are people not tellling at turtleman, he could unshutdown the government right now since it'd probably pass with 2/3rds vote

i have no loving clue man

what would it take to depose him

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wathmen ruined comics

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Pead posted:

Rorschach is great because you know you can safely cut anyone who quotes him seriously out of your life.

yeah after this counterrevolutionary bullshit im definitely never dm'ing aoc for feet pics again

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

:pray:

he really does seem to be in a complete downward spiral on every level, i think it's more likely than not that he refuses to sign it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

dont be mean to me posted:

i have no loving clue man

what would it take to depose him

An empty six pack plastic thing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ex post facho posted:

there shall not remain

A

Single unbroken

Brain

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...demon-had-airpl

Indian Science Congress Speakers Say Newton Was Wrong, Ancient Demon-King Had Planes

January 9, 201912:56 PM ET

cool

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Everyone will tell you that boy babies love to pee when you have their diaper off but one thing people don't tell you is that when they pee it's absolutely silent. So sometimes you will be leaning down for something and just feel piss hit your back or sometimes you'll look away for a second and then when you come back everything is wet.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Is it actually written down in the rules or is this just one of those unwritten/unspoken rules?

Either way, I think I would have just popped one open anyway. After all, what are they going to do, kick you out of Congress?

It's a nice old building, no food or drink in the... Well I don't want to just call it "the theater" but

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what exactly is closed during the federal shutdown? Because the local VA hospital is still clearly open judging by all the cars in the parking lot and the local veterans home is still open judging by all the cars in the parking lot but there is this big Federal campus right across the street from the local VA hospital that has some cars but not as many as there usually are and also there is a larger than normal amount of turkeys roaming around so is that part of the shutdown or what

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Xaris posted:

why are people not tellling at turtleman, he could unshutdown the government right now since it'd probably pass with 2/3rds vote

Bernie yelled at McConnell about that in his response to TRUMP's serious president time on Tuesday.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Everyone will tell you that boy babies love to pee when you have their diaper off but one thing people don't tell you is that when they pee it's absolutely silent. So sometimes you will be leaning down for something and just feel piss hit your back or sometimes you'll look away for a second and then when you come back everything is wet.

wait does it make noise when you pee? get that checked out

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

someone should tell Trump that he has the power to force everybody in congress to return to work immediately

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

wondering what i should have for lunch

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It passed with veto proof majorities so even if his broke brain told him not to sign it he'd still do it like the Russia sanctions

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Addamere posted:

So what exactly is closed during the federal shutdown? Because the local VA hospital is still clearly open judging by all the cars in the parking lot and the local veterans home is still open judging by all the cars in the parking lot but there is this big Federal campus right across the street from the local VA hospital that has some cars but not as many as there usually are and also there is a larger than normal amount of turkeys roaming around so is that part of the shutdown or what

VA strikes me as an essential service, so probably working, maybe getting paid. Who loving knows what's on a federal campus, whatever that poo poo is

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Uh, what noise do you make when you pee?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

What is McConnell holding out

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wathmen ruined comics

it's also great, so that is two birds with one stone in my book

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Xaris posted:

He is, but not by anyone who matters. His phones have been taken down.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

univbee posted:

She-Ra was great for hot takes of this nature.

she-ra was p dope

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
There's some older middle age obese dudes that work in the smae building as me that can't seem to pee without wheezing a lot. So they definitely aren't silent.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Thoguh posted:

sounds kind of like a grown man crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

It sounds like a toilet flushing, that's why toilets sound like that to provide deniability