Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

6600 crystals for the Sue package as she takes the Magneto/Psylocke spot. Surprised no T3 for Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've had Crystal T2ed for awhile and She Hulk is all ready to go and I could T2 her without a ticket when the game comes back online.

Its just a question of if there's a Magneto/Psylocke that costs crystals. Because I still don't have Psylocke but she probably gets pushed back for Doom.

edit: There you go. Yeah, I'm grabbing Sue before Psylocke.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been working on Crystal and She-Hulk recently anyhow. I've got She-Hulk almost 4/20, and still a bit of a ways to go with Crystal on the gear, but both are 6*masters. I just hope their costumes make them top tier.

I've been resisting using crystals and I'm glad I succeeded. Shouldn't be long until I have enough to unlock Sue.

Now I"m debating how best to use my 6* Selector and the rest of my bio selectors I've saved up. The temptation is to power up Aunt Petunia's Favorite Nephew ASAP but he and the Torch are farmable.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Crystal and She-Hulk

gonna take four shits and die

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
As a reminder, She-Hulk bios are available from the oft-forgot token store

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Random but I was expecting Reed and Sue to be Speed and I'm really glad they're not. Hopefully they kick rear end in WBU.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Marvel Maintenance Fight

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah She-Hulk isn’t as hard to T2 these days.

Can’t imagine not having doom but don’t want Sue at all. The again I only have like 3k crystals.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sue is awesome and at least comic book wise potentially super powerful.

I'm a little disappointed she doesn't have a huge team protective skill which would seem to fit with her forcefield powers, but I'm not really sure how to read that passive Invisibility Shift. It reads to me like when you get hit once you don't take damage for 1 sec after. I can't tell if that's huge or nothing. Probably just gotta wait and see in action.

Holy Crap, Reed's leadership gives a 65% all damage bump to FF "allies". I wonder who that includes.

Meanwhile the Torch's leadership is a measly 12% fire damage bump. Maybe that's just Level 1?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Meanwhile the Torch's leadership is a measly 12% fire damage bump. Maybe that's just Level 1?

yes that'll be level 1

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

me after the new update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU

You get some new chests for achievements you've earned and some crystals. About half of the chests I opened had Energy in them.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 9, 2019

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

A surfing dog?! posted:

me after the new update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU

You get some new chests for achievements you've earned and some crystals. About half of the chests I opened had Energy in them.

Would be cool if that's what I got. I hit level 35 for achievements and most of my chests had 10-20k gold, around 20 clear tickets, or a 3* card.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Whomst is best for my 6* selector I wisely kept

Put the work in, Reddit

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I think Victorious is going to be like Clea/Colossus in how hard she is to get bios for

edit: realized you said selector and not rank up ticket

One of the achievement items for the 6* MRUT from the X-Men epic quest is from doing going Rogue. I got 3/10 for doing 10 of them.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 9, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I can get She Hulk bios with a Combat selector but not all these general ones I saved? That’s weird.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Here's a list of known quests so far copied from Reddit

quote:

First Family Epic Quest

Stage 1 - Long Journey Home - [STORY MISSION] Clear 10 Stages
Stage 2 - Homecoming - [SPECIAL MISSION] Clear 10 Stages
Stage 3 - In the Dark - [DAILY MISSION] Clear 1 Stage
Stage 4 - Scantastic - [RESEARCH] Activate Cosmic Energy Scanner
500 Gear Up Kit
Stage 5 - Four No More! - [TTIMELINE BATTLE] Participate 5x
Stage 6 - Intelligent Design - [DAILY MISSION] Clear 1 Stage
Stage 7 - Supply Run - [SEARCH] Search Portable Bridge Parts
Find 20 Portable Bridge Parts in Story Missions
*See below
Stage 8 - Inhuman Nature - Use 100 Energies
Stage 9 - Crystal Clear - [New Faces] Clear Inhuman Princess 2x
Mr. Fantastic must be used
Stage 10 - Building Bridges - [RESEARCH] Craft Portable Bridge
500 Dimension Debris
Stage 11 - Unstable Molecules - Rank up Crystal to 3*
Stage 12 - Joining the Family - [RESEARCH] Fantastic Four Uniform for Crystal
8 Rank 3 Black Anti-Matter
100 Norn Stone of Chaos
Stage 13 - Crossing Over - Use 2,000,000 Gold
Stage 14 - A Different World [RESEARCH] Collect Cosmic Energy Scanner Parts
Collect 30 Cosmic Energy Scanner Parts
Stage 15 - Finding the Fantastic - [NEW FACES] Clear Inhuman Princess 4x
Mr. Fantastic must be used
* When searching for the Portable Bridge parts I got following numbers from various completions:

10 parts from 20 story missions started manually and ran on Auto-play
1 part from 10 story missions cleared x10
1 part from 6 story missions ran on repeat
8 parts from 17 story missions cleared x1

This thread https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/ae6va8/first_family_epic_quest_guide/ has a bunch of stuff but not all the actual research items yet.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 9, 2019

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Steve Vader posted:

So I can get She Hulk bios with a Combat selector but not all these general ones I saved? That’s weird.

It’s always been like that. (I think Sister Grimm is the same but for Blasters and Singularity is the same for Universals) It was because they were originally designed only to be gotten through Battleworld or some poo poo.

They made it a tiny bit better as you can spend Honour Tokens/Villian Siege tokens to buy other Bio’s for She-Hulk and some of the Battle World characters. But it’s still a huge pain to T2 her.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

A She-hulk mission may open up with the epic quest too, like the Crystal one.

I saved all my actions yesterday to see if the FF update needed them. It did so that worked out, but I forgot reset was moved back an hour during the November time change (I think). I usually don't mess with my phone around that time thanks to work but today I plugged in the charger and set it to run the coop missions which were the last things I needed to do. Of course it disconnected me after the first fight and just sat there for 2 hours doing nothing. Hit the button and started it again but it was just after reset so I missed a day of coop rewards. Blah.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

bagrada posted:

A She-hulk mission may open up with the epic quest too, like the Crystal one.

I saved all my actions yesterday to see if the FF update needed them. It did so that worked out, but I forgot reset was moved back an hour during the November time change (I think). I usually don't mess with my phone around that time thanks to work but today I plugged in the charger and set it to run the coop missions which were the last things I needed to do. Of course it disconnected me after the first fight and just sat there for 2 hours doing nothing. Hit the button and started it again but it was just after reset so I missed a day of coop rewards. Blah.

There are She-hulk and Crystal missions in the epic quest if you need more sources for bios. For me they're just fodder, but I'm not complaining. So many characters to get to 70.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

MonkeyBot posted:

There are She-hulk and Crystal missions in the epic quest if you need more sources for bios. For me they're just fodder, but I'm not complaining. So many characters to get to 70.

Well that's good to know. Otherwise it would take me a week of PvP just to get She Hulk bios.

I'm also digging the story in this epic quest. It's pretty cool.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Total kick in the balls to have this 4 entry requirement in the epic quest for the Crystal meeting. I hosed up the first time last night with not having Reed on my team, so this morning I had to start off 0/4 with only 3 entries, so blocked basically for a solid day.

I want to tap my buttons damnit!

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

Well that's good to know. Otherwise it would take me a week of PvP just to get She Hulk bios.

I'm also digging the story in this epic quest. It's pretty cool.

I actually enjoy the epic quest stories too, or at least this one and the Deadpool one anyway. I don't remember the Doctor Strange one at all and I barely remember bits from the X-Men one.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

The Dave posted:

so blocked basically for a solid day.

This happens to me so much in this game. I'll do one or two EQ missions only to get stuck on something I already did and have to wait 24 hrs to do again.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Today just sucks because I couldn't clear a single mission. I got stuck on it last night.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

A surfing dog?! posted:

I actually enjoy the epic quest stories too, or at least this one and the Deadpool one anyway. I don't remember the Doctor Strange one at all and I barely remember bits from the X-Men one.

The Dr. Strange one was random. Like they had an idea for a story but forgot.
Like it starts with Kaelicus going "I have drained all your power Dr. Strange. Now you have to work your way back to being the Sorceror Supreme."
But then it was him meeting all these other characters for the first time. So maybe his memories got wiped too.
Also Clea appears, gets sucked into the Dark Dimension. And Strange waits until the end of the quest to do something about it.

The X-men one was just "Maximus has mind controlled this X-person. Go beat them up.
(Afterwards)
They are dying because Maximus is no longer controlling them.
Spend the next three months grinding this resource to heal them.
Then do it all over again."

They were seriously minimum effort stories.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I probably got bored with the story from those two and ended up skipping them then.

I'm really glad I have so much energy stocked up because these story mission research missions are pretty tedious. At least this will be the first time I won't be locked behind needing BAM for epic quests since I'm sitting on 11k.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Dave posted:

Total kick in the balls to have this 4 entry requirement in the epic quest for the Crystal meeting. I hosed up the first time last night with not having Reed on my team, so this morning I had to start off 0/4 with only 3 entries, so blocked basically for a solid day.

I want to tap my buttons damnit!

Yeah, this is where I'm stuck. The previous requirement was only 2, but I was trying to get the Event Shop achievement of clearing it 3 times... if I'd saved one, I could have cleared it tomorrow, but nope. No progress for a day and a half.

Also disappointed that none of Sue's powers seem to involve her being Invisible.

On the upside, She-Hulk F4 costume has a power where she does mid-air flips while hitting you with a taxi cab.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 9, 2019

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Is the daily bios the only way to get Victorious bios other than the Epic quest of course? I am 20 stupid bios from 3* her and I need to do that continue the quest. I already spent my 20 daily on her today. I want to keep going. Ugh.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you can also use rank up tickets, if you have any

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

punchymcpunch posted:

you can also use rank up tickets, if you have any

Yeah I had some gift cards from Christmas and went that route. Yay for whaling with someone else's money.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

man the epic quest where you have to find fantasticar parts is miserable

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So I got to the "clear Crystals mission 4 times part." On Wednesday.
And I had already cleared it. So I had to wait for Thursday to reset it so I could advance the epic quest.
I click the auto clear the quest.
Then realize I hadn't done it with Mr. Fantastic.
So now I need to wait until Saturday (at the earliest) to be able to advance this epic quest. Grrr.

One good thing. From buying the Sue pack, running her super secret mission gives 6 star Iso 8 boosters. Which means I have a steady supply of them to Fully Awaken my Iso's sets on all my dudes. Which is great.

Also if you want Doom easy and have a bunch of crystals, don't six star Victorious. Get her to 1 star.
You eventually get a quest to three star her. But if she's 1 star, you are allowed buy a bunch of her bios for 600 crystals. (You don't get this offer if she's already six stars.)
Then there is a later quest to five star her. And if she isn't, you can buy more of her bios for 1200 crystals.
It works out at like 300 of her bios for 1800 crystals. Which would take about 15-16 days to earn with the bio sub.
That is going to make getting her to T2 a whole lot easier.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

And I had already cleared it. So I had to wait for Thursday to reset it so I could advance the epic quest.
So now I need to wait until Saturday (at the earliest) to be able to advance this epic quest. Grrr.

I did this yesterday. I'm surprised there isn't a way around that, since whales would totally go for it.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

A surfing dog?! posted:

man the epic quest where you have to find fantasticar parts is miserable

I just hit this roadblock today. I ran the Thing bios mission 60 times and got 10 fantasticar parts out of the required 40. I got zero from the Crystal and She-Hulk missions. The drop rate is so much worse for this "search" mission compared to all of the others.

(You can run the Thing mission ((Like Brothers --> Clobberin' Time) )as many times as you want - you just get his bios for the first 10 completions. RIP your energy and clear tickets)

Barkhawk fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 11, 2019

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

OMG DOOM. Dont care about any of the other Fancy For folks, just DOOOOM.

Comin back to this. Hebrons haev any space? or other goon alliances? TY

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

justbark posted:

I just hit this roadblock today. I ran the Thing bios mission 60 times and got 10 fantasticar parts out of the required 40. I got zero from the Crystal and She-Hulk missions. The drop rate is so much worse for this "search" mission compared to all of the others.

(You can run the Thing mission ((Like Brothers --> Clobberin' Time) )as many times as you want - you just get his bios for the first 10 completions. RIP your energy and clear tickets)

Took my 16 times (I just did it and counted, forgot I could spam it so thanks!)

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

justbark posted:

Yeah I spent something like 600-800 energy doing this part. Now I'm at a part where you have to get 50 fantasticar parts by running dimension rifts. I hope to Christ the lowest level has the same drop rate because my energy reserve is almost gone.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Yeah I would get anywhere between 0-3 fantasticar parts per 10 clears, it was pretty annoying. I used up a bunch of the energy I was saving up from the Special Mission quest packs.

And a reminder to anyone trying to get Victorious bios from Latverian Champion - you can exit out of the game when Johnny doesn't show up as a shifter if you want to make sure you get 3 each day. That helped me out when I was farming colossus up at least.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Question IRL posted:

One good thing. From buying the Sue pack, running her super secret mission gives 6 star Iso 8 boosters. Which means I have a steady supply of them to Fully Awaken my Iso's sets on all my dudes. Which is great.

Also if you want Doom easy and have a bunch of crystals, don't six star Victorious. Get her to 1 star.
You eventually get a quest to three star her. But if she's 1 star, you are allowed buy a bunch of her bios for 600 crystals. (You don't get this offer if she's already six stars.)
Then there is a later quest to five star her. And if she isn't, you can buy more of her bios for 1200 crystals.
It works out at like 300 of her bios for 1800 crystals. Which would take about 15-16 days to earn with the bio sub.
That is going to make getting her to T2 a whole lot easier.

Ah, drat. I’ve already used tickets to 4* Victorious. I guess I won’t get the first offer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll probably use one of my Mega tickets on Victorious. Or I guess I'll wait and get those crystal packs of bios and then do it and save them for gear? Or I dunno. We'll see.

I've been stuck on the Epic Quest for days. Right now i'm stuck on the 4 Crystal stages. I did get Ben and Johnny nearly to 6* on bio selectors but I'm stuck until next week's Shadowland. I just have to keep reminding myself that Epic Questions are Epic for a reason and they take time. I think the Heroic Quests gave me a false sense of progress where I expect to be able to burn 10 stages at once.