Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Gary Rowett has been sacked from Stoke.

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/club-statement-22

Edit: In comes, Rory Delap as part of the interim coaching staff.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Thank gently caress! He's so wank.

In our last home game all four sides of the ground were chanting "Gary Rowett your football is poo poo" at him. Considering that these are fans that have watched a combined 10 seasons of Pulis football, it's pretty damning.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

psyer posted:

Get ready for Moyes's very very very last chance to revive his flailing career.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

psyer posted:

Training now consists of running the length of the pitch and then doing long throws.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Training now consists of running the length of the pitch and then doing long throws.

Still preferable to Rowett's training which consists of standing around like statues and practicing their "We've got to do better" post match interviews.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

XBenedict posted:

Get ready for Moyes's very very very last chance to revive his flailing career.

Moyes did a perfectly good job at West Ham, he'll be a good appointment if he gets it.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Big Nathan Jones is gonna have Stoke playing attacking football and winning games!

Can't say I know too much about him. He's obviously been doing something right at Luton but whether he'll be able to make the step up to the championship is another thing. At least it'll be a bit more interesting than if we had given the job to the usual suspects.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
I was gutted when Brighton didn't give NJ the managers job full time, very decent and passionate coach and think he will do well at Stoke.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Leicester just recalled Harvey Barnes. West Brom are utterly hosed.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
aitor karanka is gone

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Nice to see they've got the best linesman in England for tonight's game

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The first header was offside. Linesman got it right. Commentators clueless.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
im watchin

mang
Jul 21, 2015
Nice goal Leeds going up

mang
Jul 21, 2015

#MeToo

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Kemar Roofe is pretty good

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1083707117368950784

Bielsa has admitted to doing it and have been doing it since his time in Argentina.

https://streamable.com/377xa

Lampard is not happy and does not care if it is a cultural thing.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/sta...806568834052102

psyer fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 11, 2019

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Spygate

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If he wasn't on private property he's done nothing wrong.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
come on Derby. Score 1 and make this watchable

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Wenger was a voyeur but when Bielsa does it he gets a cool hashtag like Spygate. Poor Wengy.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

God we've missed Dwight Gayle

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
up the boro.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Suntoucher posted:

God we've missed Dwight Gayle

sheffield wednesday miss Jordan Rhodes

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Do players not get tired in Sweden? Potter doesn't seem capable of making a sub that isn't part of a big tactical shift. Players are all knackered and he waits until the 75th minute to bring on a static target man so everyone's expected to run even more.

Dan James and Montero on the bench. Game has past us by when he eventually brings one on.

Was never a pen, though. We've conceded a few of those.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Not a great start for Nathan Jones but I reckon he'll need time to get things sorted. Brentford remain the best team to watch in this division. They were excellent in the home match but I figured with Dean Smith going to Villa it might have changed things but they were really good again today. I'm actually shocked that they're as low in the table as they are.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Meat Wagon posted:

Not a great start for Nathan Jones but I reckon he'll need time to get things sorted. Brentford remain the best team to watch in this division. They were excellent in the home match but I figured with Dean Smith going to Villa it might have changed things but they were really good again today. I'm actually shocked that they're as low in the table as they are.

They were shite against us.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Leeds are going up

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'm glad that Leeds are going up, they have been away from the top flight for too long.
Same with Derby and Forest, though I don't think they have been in contention for a while.

Middlesbrough and West Brom need to stay where they are though. They have been dull Premiership makeweights in recent history.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Good to see all of the bitter ex pros come out in support for fat frank while the mighty whites sit atop of the table. We're the best

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Is what Leeds did against the rules? I'd be more surprised if clubs didn't try to peek on each other.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Brony Car posted:

Is what Leeds did against the rules? I'd be more surprised if clubs didn't try to peek on each other.

Only if he was on private land but yeah teams spy on each other all the time and your head would need to be in the sand to think it doesn't go on.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Brony Car posted:

There's no rule against it but all the bitter qq lords in the press sticking up for Fat Frank seem to think it is the most heinous crime ever committed

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

TelekineticBear! posted:

There's no rule against it but all the bitter qq lords in the press sticking up for Fat Frank seem to think it is the most heinous crime ever committed

Leeds should be closed down for good because of this and what the racist from this is England did to David frost in that film

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bielsa called a press briefing today about Spygate and came armed with a PowerPoint about the difference between morals and ethics, admitted that it wasn't just Derby they sent advance scouts to see, and then said that he didn't really learn anything he didn't know or couldn't get from other sources from said spying.

e: he's now going into massive detail on how he prepares for each game, using another PowerPoint

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 16, 2019

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bielsa owns. Every English pundit should quietly disappear for the next 5-10 years out of shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We were close to hiring him at one point. Jenkins flew to South America and one of the directors tweeted 'Hola'. What might have been.