Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Leperflesh posted:

You can tell Neverending Story didn't want to pay Frank Oz or something, because despite having tons of huge puppets and anamatronics all the things talk by writhing their lips while their jaws don't move and are not remotely synced to what they're actually saying, and it always looked fake as hell to me even when I saw it as a small child.

Like come on, at least try. How hard can it be to make a puppet with a mobile jaw? Get a puppeteer who can sorta kinda match the movements to the words? Maybe?

Anyway I saw Neverending Story and Labyrinth around the same time and Labyrinth was just so, so much better.

me trying to pull leper out of his fatalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Leperflesh posted:

You can tell Neverending Story didn't want to pay Frank Oz or something, because despite having tons of huge puppets and anamatronics all the things talk by writhing their lips while their jaws don't move and are not remotely synced to what they're actually saying, and it always looked fake as hell to me even when I saw it as a small child.

Like come on, at least try. How hard can it be to make a puppet with a mobile jaw? Get a puppeteer who can sorta kinda match the movements to the words? Maybe?

Anyway I saw Neverending Story and Labyrinth around the same time and Labyrinth was just so, so much better.

I've watched both within the last three years and lemme tell you Labyrinth looks like total poo poo compared to Neverending Story. The scenes using green screen are especially embarrassing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's been on my mind all day.

I'm watching neverending story tonight.

and then I'm gonna watch Willow

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
IMO Willow would've been perfect if they cut down the scenes with the brownies, though a young Kevin Pollack acting goofy still makes me laugh.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I wish that the movie posters in Tracy's room (dressing room? lounge?) in 30 Rock were real movies.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

CGI blood is probably the worst for me. Give me practical blood effects in all movies please.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

FizFashizzle posted:

jurassic park was probably the pinnacle :smith:

It is amazing how good that movie still looks. Every few years when I see it somewhere I expect it to look laughable, but it always holds up.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maggot Soup posted:

CGI blood is probably the worst for me. Give me practical blood effects in all movies please.

Evil Dead took this as it’s primary focus I think

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Android Apocalypse posted:

IMO Willow would've been perfect if they cut down the scenes with the brownies, though a young Kevin Pollack acting goofy still makes me laugh.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

3 ninjas is the only movie my mom watched with me and verbally said out loud "this is a terrible movie."

Did you tell her you'd light up her eyes? :argh:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
who's the poster who was so annoyed with harry potter(?) fanboys that they decided to become a hardcore willow fan?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

axeil posted:

who's the poster who was so annoyed with harry potter(?) fanboys that they decided to become a hardcore willow fan?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It is amazing how good that movie still looks. Every few years when I see it somewhere I expect it to look laughable, but it always holds up.

It really does. Go watch that movie if you haven't seen it in a while.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
When i finally get to build my garage with secret workshop that’s actually a movie room 5 of you are invited to watch Never Ending Story

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Amy Pole Her posted:

When i finally get to build my garage with secret workshop that’s actually a movie room 5 of you are invited to watch Never Ending Story

Are you gonna have one of those big red popcorn machines on wheels? A kid I grew up with had a home theater with one of those and it always made me jealous.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've probably seen Jurassic Park 100 times

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

which 5 though

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I've watched both within the last three years and lemme tell you Labyrinth looks like total poo poo compared to Neverending Story. The scenes using green screen are especially embarrassing.

I'll have to check them out, it's probably been 20+ years for both.

Ehud posted:

me trying to pull leper out of his fatalism:

Willow >>>

also Time Bandits

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
willow on nes was hard as fuuuuck

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Any time someone says Time Bandits I think they mean Time Chasers, which was a movie on MST3k. I'm always very confused when people speak positively about it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

it's been on my mind all day.

I'm watching neverending story tonight.

and then I'm gonna watch Willow

I'm gonna watch Princess Bride and then play Kingdom Hearts

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr. Nice! posted:

willow on nes was hard as fuuuuck

you're right man

I rented it one time and I never got anywhere in it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am currently over seeing an activities night for the students which mostly involves me forcing the chinese students to play as bad teams in 2k

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife is sick so I'm making instant pot chicken noodle soup tonight and probably watching You on Netflix because she got all excited about it when she saw it. And probably Birdbox fuckit.

And playing Pokemon Silver on 3DS lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am currently over seeing an activities night for the students which mostly involves me forcing the chinese students to play as bad teams in 2k

God bless

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Seeing a classic Hornets vs nets match right now

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

seiferguy posted:

3 ninjas is the only movie my mom watched with me and verbally said out loud "this is a terrible movie."

Lol, I had a similar experience with my grandfather and Wayne’s World, we made it about 20 minutes before he said “this is too stupid for you” and turned it off. Little did he know just how stupid I’d turn out to be!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Anyone else watching You or Murder Mountain on Netflix? You is surprisingly good. The main character comes off as creepy but still likable so sometimes I find myself watching and rooting for him but then I'm like "wait a second, this dude is suuuper creepy." I've also been watching Murder Mountain with my girlfriend and it loving blows my mind that a place like that exists in the current day US.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No pop corn machine, but my coworker has an old vending machine that he’ll give for free. It’ll be in a 75-78 degree garage all day so it’ll work

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1083825405793107968

ImPeaches?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Has anyone bothered to question the administration over what can actually be built with $5 billion?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Has anyone bothered to question the administration over what can actually be built with $5 billion?

Some have, stunningly the administration appears to have no specific idea what they'd do with the money if they got it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Grittybeard posted:

Some have, stunningly the administration appears to have no specific idea what they'd do with the money if they got it.

He still switches between the Bush era metal fence and giant concrete wall design, based on how he is feeling

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grittybeard posted:

I keep hearing $25B as an actual figure which means $50+ when all is said and done. I also saw somewhere that $5B may or may not even cover the infrastructure for getting to and accommodating workers in remote areas for wall building.

I wanna see fat man get 5 billy as a one time payment and build basically nothing and then throw another temper tantrum.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i tried kenshi and it seems cool but also wholly unpolished so i played some atom instead. it's basically russian fallout. ive got to bring a guy some prewar vodka in exchange for learning how to fish and i have a rifle from helping an old man pick his corn and slightly bullying him after he didn't give me a reward and a zipgun and an assortment of shivs and broken bottles. you make a broken bottle from a regular bottle and a brick and you lose the brick in the crafting process.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Spoeank posted:

I keep hearing $25B as an actual figure which means $50+ when all is said and done. I also saw somewhere that $5B may or may not even cover the infrastructure for getting to and accommodating workers in remote areas for wall building.

I wanna see fat man get 5 billy as a one time payment and build basically nothing and then throw another temper tantrum.

I thought I saw it in this thread, but someone basically did a break down of what it would probably cost and it was approaching trillions. It's close to 2000 miles, would require ridiculous logistics and a massive supply chain, and would consume basically our entire output of steel for a decade.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I thought I saw it in this thread, but someone basically did a break down of what it would probably cost and it was approaching trillions. It's close to 2000 miles, would require ridiculous logistics and a massive supply chain, and would consume basically our entire output of steel for a decade.

Hell yeah baby.

And the gofundme is going extraordinarily well

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1083828714989867008?s=19

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Unfortunately the first thing that came to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Of course that dudes got a history of scamming go fund me’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Spoeank posted:

I would love to be a construction company with no morals, get the 5 billion wall contract and just get like 3 sections of wall done and call it a day