Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

the fourth game is where things get a little weird. it's a decent enough game on its own although the 3D "i'm not stuck i'm just lost" effect is bigger, but there are some major retcons and they recast two major characters because the two dudes who made the first game basically played all the roles and they actually hated acting. the official story of Myst 4 is, i;m not kidding, that the myst 4 version of events is the "true" one, and the games Myst and Riven are not-entirely-true video game adaptations that the rand brothers made, based upon the writings of Atrus they discovered in D'ni.

oh yeah, this is also how they explain the cleft in uru being in the american southwest when in the books it was in the middle east. the books, which actually exist in reality, were incorrect due to original games' creators misinterpreting something, and uru, the computer game, was in fact reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malibu anime
Dec 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
again i underestimated thisnforum lol. this rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1083447397349498880

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

test your poo poo in dead bed’s gun poo poo mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Rockstar keep winning

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Theory: If Red Dead Online had never been announced or released, everyone on the forums and everyone else who’s soured on Red Dead Redempyion 2 would still be into it instead of experiencing of sense of malaise whenever thinking about it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Theory: If Red Dead Online had never been announced or released, everyone on the forums and everyone else who’s soured on Red Dead Redempyion 2 would still be into it instead of experiencing of sense of malaise whenever thinking about it

Nah, I don't really care about the online mission structure or w/e, as long as I could mount up with my friends and do stupid stuff like flying down a mountain shooting our horses dead, etc. like in the first game. The problem is none of us bothered to finish the game in the first place and lost interest before it even came out.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what if uru: battle royale

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

GameCube posted:

what if uru: battle royale

*shoving someone into a trap book and pulling out one of the red pages*

hope you're..... into books!!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

inside of a book, it's too dark to read :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

gently caress YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmfso

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh yeah..... THat happened

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i remembered another myst story, this is my last one probably:

my brother and i got so into it, we decided to make our own Myst for the youngest brother by hiding a bunch of coded notes and stuff around the house, like he had to hold one up to a mirror, and i recorded a bunch of .wav files in Microsofot Sound Recorder in my best imitation of the two brothers, so when he brought pages back, he could hear the next one. one of the "puzzles" was us using Sound Recorder's "make the audio backwards," and the clues were supposed to lead him to figuring out how to reverse it. it was before riven came out, so he must have been about six or seven.

he was having fun for awhile, exploring his room, finding stuff in his toys, and he even figured out the SR reverse thing, but when you reverse the audio in SR and save the file, it fucks up the sound too, so when he reversed it, it just sounded like me doing a deep voice, hissing and and echoing and laughing. he got really scared and cried and my mom was finally like "that's enough myst for awhile, boys."

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

my brother and i got so into it, we decided to make our own Myst for the youngest brother by hiding a bunch of coded notes and stuff around the house, like he had to hold one up to a mirror, and i recorded a bunch of .wav files in Microsofot Sound Recorder in my best imitation of the two brothers, so when he brought pages back, he could hear the next one. one of the "puzzles" was us using Sound Recorder's "make the audio backwards," and the clues were supposed to lead him to figuring out how to reverse it. it was before riven came out, so he must have been about six or seven.

he was having fun for awhile, exploring his room, finding stuff in his toys, and he even figured out the SR reverse thing, but when you reverse the audio in SR and save the file, it fucks up the sound too, so when he reversed it, it just sounded like me doing a deep voice, hissing and and echoing and laughing. he got really scared and cried and my mom was finally like "that's enough myst for awhile, boys."

lol cool

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

omg

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

please don't troll The Myst Online Community. just observe them from a respectful distance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo6LB8lNYLo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

GameCube posted:

please don't troll The Myst Online Community. just observe them from a respectful distance

lmao

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

GameCube posted:

lmao my god

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCn0Zo-BqLg

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ahahaha wtf

what are they all doing? i played through all six games, even the insane uru expansions, and i feel like Lisa in that Australia episode when she says "i know all those words, but that sign doesn;t make sense"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the Youtube user behind it all joined in 2016 :stare:

it's like someone discovered the abandoned ruins to Lord British's halloween mansion and decided to start an improv troupe there

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

That's awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GameCube posted:

dude lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is incredible

malibu anime
Dec 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

GameCube posted:

i ttried saying that it could not be put into words what this community is like. thank you for proving my point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Incredible

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

https://twitter.com/davideddings/status/1083827429704118273

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Gearbox picked up Duke Nukem Forever after Randy Pitchford heard that the project was thirteen years old.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yikes

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I had to look up who this guy is and

Wikipedia posted:

Pitchford is also a magician and descendant of Richard Valentine "Cardini" Pitchford – a respected and well-known legend of stage manipulation magic. In 2014, Pitchford was presented with an Award of Merit[7] by the Academy of Magical Arts for his dedication of a museum exhibit displaying his collection of Cardini costumes and props in the Inner Circle of The Magic Castle in Hollywood, California.

Pitchford's magic-related business, Pitchford Entertainment, Media and Magic, LLC, acquired Genii Magazine in 2015. [8] Genii Magazine is the largest selling and longest running magazine for magicians and celebrated its 80th year in circulation in 2017.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You didn't know who Lord Randy was? ...

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Gearbox picked up Duke Nukem Forever after Randy Pitchford heard that the project was thirteen years old.

lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:sbahj:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

In Training posted:

Thinking of getting into Myst in 2019 lol. This isn't a joke. Lmfao.

I picked up a boxed CD ROM copy from the Goodwill a few months back. It has all the packins plus the old school strategy guide.

I don't actually own a thing that can play it. Like I don't have a working CD drive

malibu anime
Dec 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Len posted:

I picked up a boxed CD ROM copy from the Goodwill a few months back. It has all the packins plus the old school strategy guide.

I don't actually own a thing that can play it. Like I don't have a working CD drive

Get a working brain and get something that can play it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Waa.probated so i wasnt here.in time but realmyst is incredible myst owns