Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

class consciousness is identity politics

Pretend I posted the Mic article about why its racist to criticise Obama doing the billionaire merry go round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Death to nazis.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

staticman posted:

If by "tense truce" you mean literally beating the right out and into a bloody pulp in the middle of the riots, then they are at a very tense truce indeed.

A bit late but do you have sources on this?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Byolante posted:

The problem with ragh ragh

knock this poo poo off, stop putting silent consonants in every goddamn thing

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Former DILF posted:

knock this poo poo off, stop putting silent consonants in every goddamn thing

it's pronounced raff raff

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Boatswain posted:

A bit late but do you have sources on this?

Looking a few pages back for some good fash-bashing action atm. But if you mean currently then you got my dumbass :shrug:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Bring back the metric calendar

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

twoday posted:

Bring back the metric calendar

gently caress that, I don't want no 9 day workweek

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mr. Lobe posted:

gently caress that, I don't want no 9 day workweek

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

that’s only if you let the liberals implement it

true revolutionaries would make quintidis, nonidis and decadis no-work days, plus the five/six days at the end of the year

dare to dream big

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

How're the riots in France going? Are the Fascists still at tense truce with Leftists against their shared enemy? I remember reading an interview with one of the leftist leaders and how they're willing to put up with the Right so long as they're not toxic about their own poo poo or undermining the cause. I can't find the site where the interview was on though.

the first thing leftists did was boot out the fascists and start breaking poo poo

the fascists are just scurrying around the outskirts putting up anti-eu and (((globalism))) flags

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

anyway tomorrow’s the day we storm every palace and burn every church. it’s the morning of the great evening. the great wind of hope for the future

i’ll be at hotel de ville at 11

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flowers For Algeria posted:

anyway tomorrow’s the day we storm every palace and burn every church. it’s the morning of the great evening. the great wind of hope for the future

please poo poo on macron's lawn for me, you know that weirdo treasures it more than his wife

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Yinlock posted:

the first thing leftists did was boot out the fascists and start breaking poo poo

the fascists are just scurrying around the outskirts putting up anti-eu and (((globalism))) flags

Bit too simplistic. This meme compass is genuinely closer to what's happening.

Right at the start it was boomer cons, immediately the left jumped in, then the right wing fascists jumped in. The broader left let them be but the antifash drove the fascist right to the outskirts. Then every fucker in France jumped in too. But just because the antifash left drove the fash right to the periphery, that doesn't mean that its left wing in anything beyond the very broad 'lets stick up for the common people' vibe.

There are avowed communists and avowed monarchists marching arm in arm it's nuts. It's people that are tired of having everything chosen for them and want to have the discussion for themselves again. Macron is hosed.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

turns out being extremely centrist is going to piss off every kind of radical. who would have thought

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

Bit too simplistic. This meme compass is genuinely closer to what's happening.

Right at the start it was boomer cons, immediately the left jumped in, then the right wing fascists jumped in. The broader left let them be but the antifash drove the fascist right to the outskirts. Then every fucker in France jumped in too. But just because the antifash left drove the fash right to the periphery, that doesn't mean that its left wing in anything beyond the very broad 'lets stick up for the common people' vibe.

There are avowed communists and avowed monarchists marching arm in arm it's nuts. It's people that are tired of having everything chosen for them and want to have the discussion for themselves again. Macron is hosed.

ah that's interesting, thank you

the important thing is that the fash are put in the corner for idiot babies where they belong

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

turns out being extremely centrist is going to piss off every kind of radical. who would have thought

Not just radicals, the basically apolitical people getting involved is why this has exploded. Macron has even incited the normies.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

Not just radicals, the basically apolitical people getting involved is why this has exploded. Macron has even incited the normies.

the normies will look up and shout "gently caress you you rich gently caress"...and i'll look down and whisper "REEEEEEE"

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Yinlock posted:

the normies will look up and shout "gently caress you you rich gently caress"...and i'll look down and whisper "REEEEEEE"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRAkFTjk2qM

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

I thought the main gathering was at Bercy starting at 9 tomorrow?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I thought the main gathering was at Bercy starting at 9 tomorrow?

i’m not la france qui se lève tôt

joking aside i’m not on facebook twitter or anything much, i heard there’d be a group in la défense at some point, but i have no real clue. then i got an email by la france insoumise telling us to congregate at hotel de ville at 11 or république at 14

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

i’m not la france qui se lève tôt

joking aside i’m not on facebook twitter or anything much, i heard there’d be a group in la défense at some point, but i have no real clue. then i got an email by la france insoumise telling us to congregate at hotel de ville at 11 or république at 14

Alright, well stay safe and goonspeed! :france:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
give em hell french goons

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

that’s only if you let the liberals implement it

true revolutionaries would make quintidis, nonidis and decadis no-work days, plus the five/six days at the end of the year

dare to dream big

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_calendar

Can’t go to church if Sunday doesn’t exist

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

:yeah:

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

well! today has been remarkably calm so far! I’m at Place de l’Étoile, and there have been no clashes so far.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

It is extremely bad that the only places consistently covering this are the various flavours of extremist twitter and the imageboards.

It's a real weakness of left liberal social media that so much of what we share is editorialising on traditional media coverage. It means that if trad media stops talking about something it dries up the left liberal discussion too.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

well! today has been remarkably calm so far! I’m at Place de l’Étoile, and there have been no clashes so far.

yeah today was very tame in Paris. Participation was in sharp increase though, that crowd was insanely big.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Bigger than Trump’s inauguration at least.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

yeah today was very tame in Paris. Participation was in sharp increase though, that crowd was insanely big.

But Jupiter said not to! :ohdear:

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

met some french dudes in London out on the piss last night who were wearing giles jaunes.

I said down with macron vive le revolution vive le republic and we all embraced.

strong praxis

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

should have said MACRON AU GOULAG

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vitamin P posted:

It is extremely bad that the only places consistently covering this are the various flavours of extremist twitter and the imageboards.

It's a real weakness of left liberal social media that so much of what we share is editorialising on traditional media coverage. It means that if trad media stops talking about something it dries up the left liberal discussion too.

because we dont have money to pay reporters

it's by design

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Shear Modulus posted:

should have said MACRON AU GOULAG

https://youtu.be/yVbVqWBDBjw

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

twoday posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_calendar

Can’t go to church if Sunday doesn’t exist

That calendar has Sundays btw.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

39 reasons to hate cops. Number 6 will make your skin crawl !

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1085129853509271552?s=20

Sassy Sasquatch has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Jan 15, 2019

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Jesus loving christ I hated this I couldn't finish it, gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

39 reasons to hate cops. Number 6 will make your skin crawl !

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1085129853509271552?s=20

Number 6 radicalised me. Death to Macron, death to neoliberalism.