Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Zereth posted:

Wait I thought this got removed? What is it doing back on here?
If you're lucky, Steam may even suggest it in your discovery queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Zereth posted:

Wait I thought this got removed? What is it doing back on here?

You'd think so, huh? But there it is, a big shining monument to how Valve A) does not give a poo poo and B) is no longer a company that makes video games.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Space Trucker is somehow still on Steam despite being full of stolen assets from a whole load of games.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What amazes me is that they don't even seem to care about their own IP at this point, seeing as Hunt Down the Freeman is a loving PAID PRODUCT: https://store.steampowered.com/app/723390/Hunt_Down_The_Freeman/

Like, how does that happen? Do they just not care at all about Half-Life anymore?

Ah. Nevermind. Don't answer that.

A game so bad you had to noclip to beat it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember that Gabe Newell Simulator is still on steam too

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This thread and the problems it highlights is the largest reason I'm cheering for the Epic store to kick in Steam's front door.

The same Epic store that launched without a search function....

God help us all.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Flannelette posted:

The bad ones probably do.

Yeah the old LSL games are in on the joke. The new ones aren't.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not going to stop using Steam, but I'm hoping they get enough of a run for their money that they have to at least try to get their poo poo together.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But surely that's just for the actual developers and artists, right? They've gotta have other staff too for poo poo like maintaining the servers, janitoring the floors, handling customer service (okay maybe not that one).

They don't use their own employees for any of that stuff; they contract it out to third-party companies. Which probably works fine for keeping the buildings clean and the servers online, but maybe not so great for customer-facing work where consistency is needed and there's no management structure to provide it.

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 10, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Remember that Gabe Newell Simulator is still on steam too

Yep apparently the lesson they took from Hatred and Greenlight was to never curate anything again ever.

...Or maybe it's the fact that the people who would be working on stuff like game curation (or making games) on Steam don't get the sweet, sweet bonuses that the people working on stuff like endless CSGO micro transactions get under Valve's system so no one wants to work on them.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Edit: wrong thread

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Loutre posted:

Edit: wrong thread

I mean, Urban Yeti does absolutely belong in this thread

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Posted a story about a legitimately good game in this thread:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/01/09/steam-flagged-wandersong-and-more-as-potentially-fake/

Maybe the thread should be "Terrible Awful Steam"

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Can we post about non-Steam games here? I really want to know who the gently caress Gilson B. Pontes is and how he keeps getting his games on the PS4 store:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/solbrain-knight-of-darkness
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/sword-of-fortress-the-onomuzim
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/spear-of-destiny-the-kaiseki
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/samael-the-legacy-of-ophiuchus

Same with Dragoon Entertainment, which is the same guy that made Demon Rush ( https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2913491):

https://www.metacritic.com/company/dragoon-entertainment-ltd

Just... How? Are they nephews of someone at PSNA? Are they holding someone hostage? Do they have mafia connections? HOW?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sony seems to have a worse greenlighting system than Steam. Probably the only reason there aren't as many bad PS4 games is the PS4 Devkit is expensive.

EDIT: According to a quick google the PS4 Dev kit is $2500, while the Xbone one is $500. And obviously PC is free.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 11, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Probably better than "Default Fantasy", at least.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Final Default, where the final boss is the physical manifestation of your own debt.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Final Default, where the final boss is the physical manifestation of your own debt.
An episodic tale told in eleven chapters.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

An episodic tale told in eleven chapters.

I only made it up to chapter 7 :saddowns:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
RPGMaker names are all over the place. These are just a collection of various different names pulled from the new releases, not necessarily terrible or awesome, just some stuff picked out from the rpgmaker tag.

Apologies for the image spam but I really need to convey the... assortment, the variety of the various titles and banners here and how they're all over the place quality-wise.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

FirstAidKite posted:

Apologies for the image spam but I really need to convey the... assortment, the variety of the various titles and banners here and how they're all over the place quality-wise.

Oh, Blood 'n Bikinis. Well, that's totally different.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

FirstAidKite posted:

RPGMaker names are all over the place. These are just a collection of various different names pulled from the new releases, not necessarily terrible or awesome, just some stuff picked out from the rpgmaker tag.

Is that diaper quest 2055 or just a bad font

Does steam really have so little quality control it's selling an rpgmaker game called diaper quest 2055

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The only quality control is asking people to fork over a hundred bucks to get listed

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
My sister got me Put Anna as a joke and it's not just a lazy RPG maker game, it's a lazy RPG maker game that is machine translated from Russian. Not really notable except for when I called a taxi driver a gently caress on my way to see a stronk Russian leader (not Putin obvs)

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Does steam really have so little quality control

Yes, if by little you mean "none". That's what Steam Direct is - they gave a non-system with no one at the helm a name.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Is that diaper quest 2055 or just a bad font

Or?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's really Diaper Quest 2055: https://store.steampowered.com/app/976830/Diaper_Quest_2055/

Sadly it couldn't even do anything funny with it, it's just more stock RPG Maker assets.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Bideo James, The Funny Way to Say "Video Games" > Terrible Awful Games: It's really Diaper Quest 2055

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Sometimes you gotta make your own fetish games.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The weirdest thing is that it doesn't have any terrible fetish poo poo in the showcase video or any of the screenshots.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Sometimes you gotta make your own fetish games.

Well someone has to.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The weirdest thing is that it doesn't have any terrible fetish poo poo in the showcase video or any of the screenshots.

I would not be surprised if someone made a short, generic RPG maker game, realized that no one going to buy it, and then lazily slapped a fetish on the title screen to try and grab a few sales.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I am actually mildly intrigued by Nick Beard The Fedora of Destiny. That is either a decent attempt at satire or playing it way too straight.

Also Teeth Skull Eight Bullet, because the way that logo is arranged makes it seem like they're meant to be the actual title and The Endless Empty is just a supertitle.

e: Does the Seed of Evil go into the Pit of Evil? :quagmire:

Dareon fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 12, 2019

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dareon posted:

I am actually mildly intrigued by Nick Beard The Fedora of Destiny. That is either a decent attempt at satire or playing it way too straight.

Forgive me, I laughed:

quote:

ABOUT THIS GAME

A heroic quest starring Nick Beard, an intrepid adventurer who lives in his mom's basement.

Do you pine for the 'glory days' of internet humor circa 2012?

Well, you're in luck: the jokes in this game are nearly as dated as the graphics. So tip your fedora, crack open a piping hot can of Mountain Brew, and strap in for the most highly anticipated RPG of the century--

Nick Beard: the Fedora Of Destiny

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:

Processor: CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz equivalent or faster processor
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: 1024 x 768 resolution support
DirectX: Version 9.0
Storage: 75 MB available space
Sound Card: Yeah
Additional Notes: You can probably run this game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That just reminds me of the system requirements for the Undertale soundtrack.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

https://store.steampowered.com/app/569870/Experiment_Gone_Rogue/

Around 55 sec in the first trailer for this for how you look to other people playing a boob VR game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Flannelette posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/569870/Experiment_Gone_Rogue/

Around 55 sec in the first trailer for this for how you look to other people playing a boob VR game.

Nice try but I'm not giving your game more video views.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Okay, this one got me. Too bad it's probably the typical RPG Maker garbagefest, I mean look at that inspired title card art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

a review posted:

Lapdances lock you into position over the lapdance chair with access to a button that changes the dancer. This button only works once and for some reason when you push it, your current dancer falls to her death through a trap door.... You're able to slap the dancer on her side to change her animation. There are 3 animations and she does have voice lines but these also repeat very quickly.
Finally, some ethical quandaries in my tiddy games.