Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Monaghan posted:

Woolie's lost a bunch of weight and looks great nowadays.

Woolie's character development weight loss is the new Liam's character development haircut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Monaghan posted:

Woolie's lost a bunch of weight and looks great nowadays.

But look what it cost him on the monkey's paw

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

But look what it cost him on the monkey's paw

The money paw wish was clearly to complete the Omikron LP.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

TaurusOxford posted:

Quiet Man came out last year you know...

Quiet Man at least had a really good concept, Third Birthday not so much.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Big Scary Owl posted:

But he doesn't look as happy :smith:

He looks so tired :(

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

Who tried to introduce Woolie to fate with Emiya Alter, jesus christ

I honestly think they were showing him Angra Mainyu because immediately after "black guy in fate" they started talking about Bazett being a short haired punch girl. Though they probably showed him Emiya Alter too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
To be fair, Fate...is bad.

Okay, I personally don't know if it's bad, but every time people recommend it every single fuckin' series and spin-off comes with a list of caveats attached to them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dias posted:

To be fair, Fate...is bad.

Okay, I personally don't know if it's bad, but every time people recommend it every single fuckin' series and spin-off comes with a list of caveats attached to them.

It's a franchise where the core of it is a 3 route VN that is really not good and also takes dozens of hours to get through and most of the consumable adaptations are really bad or are of parts that spoil earlier parts or are non-canon/side stories that are also mostly bad and show off how lazy the character designer for the franchise is.

Red Saber/ Saber OF Read, go gently caress yourself.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's bad

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
I will always have some affection for fate for having funny out-of-context moments like a catholic priest deciding to be proactive about his pro-life stance during the birth of satan. That said, it's trashy af and you don't need it in your life..

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's a franchise where the core of it is a 3 route VN that is really not good and also takes dozens of hours to get through and most of the consumable adaptations are really bad or are of parts that spoil earlier parts or are non-canon/side stories that are also mostly bad and show off how lazy the character designer for the franchise is.

Red Saber/ Saber OF Read, go gently caress yourself.
As someone who only casually follows Fate, Nero seems like the first real case where they made her look like Artoria just because. I found it funny then, but now she just seems as exhausting as every other Saberface who isn't Mordred or Jeanne.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Fate is just a ripoff of Kamen Rider Ryuki and Tsukihime is the better Type-Moon property. :colbert:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The thirty sabers pays off for Mysterious Heroine X

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is Woolie gonna be okay? :ohdear:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 11, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Grouchio posted:

Is Woolie gonna be okay? :ohdear:

He'll figure it out

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Pat: *saying stuff*

Elmo: "I was waiting for this chance"

https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat/clip/PrettySnappyPotatoEleGiggle

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

It's funny, but until all this happened, I never know Pate PatxWoolie was a thing, like in the lore.

I always enjoyed their LPs the most, though I always called them PatsyWoolsies.

Big Scary Owl posted:

But he doesn't look as happy :smith:

The road to better Woolie is long, and fraught with perils.

In the end, only young Darlington will be able to say of it was really worth it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My favorite genre of Woolie is "unexpectedly about religion or bad parent, or both" like with Binding of Isaac or that one church bit in Devil May Cry. So Katamari Damacy Reroll is an excellent game for him to LP.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Vandar posted:

Fate is just a ripoff of Kamen Rider Ryuki and Tsukihime is the better Type-Moon property. :colbert:

That's madoka, FSN was inspired by something that the mobile game got in sorta-but-not-really hot water for modeling even more heavily.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

MagusDraco posted:

Pat: *saying stuff*

Elmo: "I was waiting for this chance"

https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat/clip/PrettySnappyPotatoEleGiggle

REAL ELMO HOURS NOW

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This Katamari Damacy LP with Woolie and Reggie is loving incredible so far.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Motto posted:

That's madoka, FSN was inspired by something that the mobile game got in sorta-but-not-really hot water for modeling even more heavily.

Fate definitely draws inspiration from Ryuki too. Ryuki was the Rider series before Fate's release (and was one of the more popular ones from that era) and the stories are incredibly similar to each other.

What is it that you're talking about?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Fucks sake, why do people try so hard to overcomplicate Fate, fans and people who hate it alike? Just watch Fate Zero or Unlimited Blade Works on Netflix, if you like them you can dig in more and start worrying about the complexities. The spoilers are inconsequential. One of my friends I got into thw franchise literally didnt remember a giant one from Zero when we warched Heaven's Feel Movie 1 a year later.

Just watch one of those two shows, they're really good. drat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looking forward to driving an hour to a theater to see HF2 in march

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I'd be lying if this wasn't practically the only reason I look in fates general direction.

https://twitter.com/Hukero/status/1080996397363662848

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
anime breaks peoples brains and they over complicate dumb poo poo. fate is fine but kara no kyoukai is the best tm work. if you like good/weird anime movies check em out.

e: sometimes i forget i have a fate avatar

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
KnK is great except for how much of the climax of the series relies on Kinoko Nasu having no idea how drugs work

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do like that the last movie came down to the villain growing a strain of hyper weed

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Vandar posted:

Fate definitely draws inspiration from Ryuki too. Ryuki was the Rider series before Fate's release (and was one of the more popular ones from that era) and the stories are incredibly similar to each other.

What is it that you're talking about?

Makai Tensho, though I'm mostly joking since the madoka->ryuki connection is the one I usually see people joke about

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 12, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tsukihime was cool, but I began to like its characters a lot more when Melty Blood happened. Fate and KNK are very much my poo poo though.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRsLhJ4hzew

Hell yes

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

HYPE. AS. gently caress.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress yeah, best game ever made. gently caress how is woolie so much like me but canadian it is creepy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:vince:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

fate

more like

fart

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
The boys need to check out this game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/955050/Bright_Memory__Episode_1/

Basically first person DMC developed by just one dude that came out today. Take a look at the gifs in the steam page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
That would require Woolie to finally figure out WASD movement.