Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Billzasilver posted:

lol people stupid enough to do Brexit in the first place will gently caress up anything and everything

ya, the fact that the grounding principle of Brexit in this case was "polish person on the subway didn't bow to me" basically doomed it from the start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

NBC News is legit only like half a step above the Daily Caller lmao

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

juche avocado posted:

in what way(s) is the eu extremely bad

the EU is in a precarious balance between the chancellor of Germany, who is just Obama-lite, and the brokebrains of austerity who think if Greece goes double bankrupt that counts as fixing things

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1083913777731510273

MY QUEEN

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wow, how dare she make such charged remarks about such innocuous things as "I don't understand why advocating for white supremacy is bad, 50 years ago nobody bothered me about this"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
some dumbfuck brit saw on the telly that mr eu is taking all their healthcare money to measure the curve of every banana they import and said "well thats it then im not gonna have medicine or bananas"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Hey there is at least 13 cents of labor in each one.

That's true.

Sometimes the managers regularly inventory the olives and pickles and stuff to make sure you only get like 4 per sandwich though.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

I'm dumb but I'll never be the person at NBC who approved this contract

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
i am megyn kelly's little worm, freakishly wiggling around beneath her feet and stuff

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

imagine being so salty about HRC that you resent the first genuinely inspiring politician in a generation

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

alright aoc is definitely on here

i bet she was lastgirl

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

:smug:

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Epic High Five posted:

A brexit led by a progressive with a marxist bent could be good becaue the EU is a neoliberal austerity imposing org that exists just to funnel the wealth of the poorer members into the coffers of the richest, but a Brexit led by the Tories means it's just an incoherent clusterfuck of madness and incompetence that means everything is worse for everybody, because asking a conservative to CREATE something is the stupidest thing anybody could do in any context

yeah this seems right to me. but at this point, even if the government was handed over to corbyn, it seems like they're out of time to negotiate a brexit deal that won't plunge the economy into a depression. so, even if a marxist brexit could lead to a good outcome in theory, i think the current situation entails any sort of brexit as being bad. :(

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
free:

al!
powerball
last girl

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1083914238882648064

no way!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cortez crew, report in

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
seems like a bad idea for corbyn to attach himself to a bomb about to explode

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump did 9/11

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Addamere posted:

oh drat i missed the immortal technique page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR-COZ-4i8o

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

i'll say it: this show's good

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Silicon Valley venture capitalist: what if we think outside the box

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

if anybody has me ignored on here they're legally required to tell me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Finicums Wake posted:

yeah this seems right to me. but at this point, even if the government was handed over to corbyn, it seems like they're out of time to negotiate a brexit deal that won't plunge the economy into a depression. so, even if a marxist brexit could lead to a good outcome in theory, i think the current situation entails any sort of brexit as being bad. :(

Corbyn doesn't want it and he's smart to refuse it...the dipshit nazis who caused all this would probably hand it all over to labour in a heartbeat if they could because then they'd blame the collapse of their incompetent policy on them instead, leading to an opposition run in a few years of "wow look at what these idiots caused"

If absolute economic devastation is 100% inevitable, let it happen at a time your enemies are blamed

btw this is also what I'm recommending happen in America so it's not a callousness by distance thing

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

she's good

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

cyphr555 posted:

i bet she was lastgirl

2024, aoc wins presidency, gives her acceptance speech in a certain yellow hat

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

WALL

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Goddamn this woman is amazing

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1083915558024814592

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

aoc gonna be prez in 2025 after trump finishes his second term

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

cyphr555 posted:

i bet she was lastgirl

Where is lastgirl? I haven't seen her in awhile

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOu33P7swVo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

William Bear posted:

Hahahaha, Trump is breaking the most basic underlying assumptions of the US national security apparatus.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-if-obstruction-was-collusion-new-york-timess-latest-bombshell

Get this: what if the PRESIDENT was a TRAITOR?!

lol

The US government has operated for a long time under an assertion that executive branch officials cannot be compelled to testify against the president by Congress under a unitary executive theory which assumes that the president cannot be compelled to testify against himself or herself. This is why members of the executive branch rarely appear before Congress when subpoenaed. If this legal theory is true, then it's a stone's throw away from an assertion that members of the executive branch, including FBI officials, cannot keep their jobs while testifying under oath.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

Where is lastgirl? I haven't seen her in awhile

She got banned when she posted a meme or something. I can't remember exactly but it didn't make sense to me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

triple sulk posted:

aoc gonna be prez in 2025 after trump finishes his second term

just in time for progressives to inherit the fallout of the catastrophic collapse the republican policies will create

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

heres a 4 min vid of mark blyth saying why he'd support exit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwK0jeJ8wxg

neat so the first minute of the video is a much more fully-formed explanation of what i was guessing at

ok, that's a convincing argument, but why not ... change the rules to allow member countries to set their own fiscal policy ....or monetary. whichever is the one i mean. look. this is needlessly synonymous.

instead of no one is allowed to run a deficit because we Said So

and I'm realizing at that point what you have is a bunch of national currencies so that's rather antithetical to the euro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

I'm dumb but I'll never be the person at NBC who approved this contract

pmao